Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
The thing is if we add Simmonds and Tolvanen is ready for next year, there's a huge logjam on the wings someone's gotta go. Wouldn't trade Smith on a contract year, Hartman isn't going anywhere and Jarny has a sweet deal. We probably can't get a decent return for Fiala, either. Simmonds would be good for this year, in the summer you'll be looking at unloading probably Smith or upgrading at center if there's any options.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
You're assuming we re-sign Simmonds as well as counting on that Tolvanen will be ready. As excited as I get watching his highlights, he was underwhelming in his time with the Preds last year. He also hasn't been tearing up the AHL this year, which he should be if he's as good as we all think he is or should be.

Once healthy our roster looks like this:

JOFA
Turris/Smith/Fiala
Sissons/Bonino/Watson
Jarnkrok/Hartman/Salomaki or Rinaldo or Gaudreau

That's a solid line up. If Tolvanen is ready who does he displace? That's really the great mystery. Smith in two years probably. If you add Simmonds to this mix without giving up a roster player, one of Smith or Fiala is bumped to the third line and you probably bump Watson down to play with Jarnkrok and Hartman. That's as solid a lineup as one could hope for. Is it worth the price we'd have to give for Simmonds as a rental? It's enticing for sure. Is it necessary, I'm not so sure.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I did a bad job in my last post of not mentioning that I wasn't talking about trading Fiala in a package for Simmonds at this point, only as far as a UFA contract goes. Obviously he's gonna lose a step over the next several years but since he arrived in Philly he's averaged 27 goals a year (includes the lockout-shortened season) so that shouldn't go glossed over too much. No Preds player has ever scored more than 33 in one season right? Not saying he'd come in and break records, just a little comparison. He's on pace for 31 this year so far and while I think the hypothetical 6x6 free agent offer would be an overpayment, the question remains is it the kind of overpayment we're willing to make.....strictly as a signing, not as a trade with potential extension. We're the same team that rushed out in 2013 and signed Nystrom, Stalberg, Cullen and Hutton for a combined 30-something million dollars or whatever it was in about an hour of free agency beginning, so worse things have happened.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
whatever we do or don't, i think the difference between us making another run and not is if we find another line that is a consistent threat like JOFA. our 2nd line with fiala turris smith has not been consistent and downright underwhelming at times. this is when we are healthy of course.

our PP can't suck as well obviously.

Reactions: Roman Yoshi

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hartnell was good until what, 34, then disappeared at 36? I can see something like that for Simmonds. So basically to me I would not sign him more than 4 years max. I think he'll get better offers.

But anyway, never minding the whole retention thing, I can definitely see him helping this year in a playoff run as a rental. So I'd still be up for adding him if we couldn't get a better (Stone) type of player. Not for Fiala, but again in a pure picks/prospects scenario.

Reactions: glenngineer

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I'm not sure I wouldn't give up Eeli for Duchene (extended).

Duchene can play wing and I don't think would have any issue playing in Nashville and he would add a lot of speed to the second line, something I think is missing. Also helps on the PP as a left shot.

Because of Duchene's age, I dont think this would be an Erat for Forsberg situation in the future.

Reactions: Gh24

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm not sure I wouldn't give up Eeli for Duchene (extended).

Duchene can play wing and I don't think would have any issue playing in Nashville and he would add a lot of speed to the second line, something I think is missing. Also helps on the PP as a left shot.

Because of Duchene's age, I dont think this would be an Erat for Forsberg situation in the future.

Oh yeah definitely nowhere close to the same as Erat/Forsberg. For one, we know that barring injury Duchene will be around and effective for a number of years. I would assume Tolvanen has nowhere near the upside of FF9. If Duchene could be had that easily I don't see any reason not to do it unless impossible to fit him into future salary cap/expansion exposure situations.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Hey Preds fans. Sens fan coming in peace here.
By all accounts it looks like it’s a good bet Stone will be traded and in my opinion Nashville seems to make the most sense.
Not I’m wondering what would you be willing to part with to get Stone. Nothing against your prospects but other than Fabbro and Tolvanen, the cupboards looks bare. I could see a deal like:
Fabbro and a 2018 1st for a pure rental Stone
And then maybe Tolvanen, Fabbro and a first for Stone (resigned) and Dzingel?
Flame me as you wish. I don’t know how you percieve the value of your prospects.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
A lot of posters here seem to covet Stone. As much as I realize we have a legit cup window for the next couple of years with the players we have I'm not ready to completely empty the cupboard for him. I dont know if Poile feels like I do. I doubt Tolvanen is on the block. Fabbro could be if Poile has confidence in our other defensive prospects like Carrier and Allard.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Why trade for Duchene when he's expressed his like for Nashville in the past? Wait til the offseason and make a push for him if we feel we need him.

Reactions: Drake744

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Fabbro and a 1st too rich for me for a rental.
A lot of times it would be for me too... but... I dunno, I feel like The Window is really like right now. I know technically it's not just this year (or even this year and next)... but a lot of teams think that and "stuff happens" that closes it before they expected.

Of course a lot of teams think they're contenders and give up a 1st and a prospect for a rental and get nothing to show for that either.

So I don't really know. But at 1st+Fabbro I'm thinking that's a really prime-time player like Stone involved. I'm not giving that up for the Plan B options.

As for Tolvanen... I agree that I'm still not ready to move him... unless maybe... well, if it was for somebody of Stone-ic proportions, AND if that player was also signed long-term on our wing... welllllll... it arguably obviates some of the need for Tolvanen down the road. But it would take a special situation for that.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Why trade for Duchene when he's expressed his like for Nashville in the past? Wait til the offseason and make a push for him if we feel we need him.
I guess it all depends. Duchesne is a good player and I'd be happy to have him... but... he already kind of had some problems playing more of a second fiddle role and maybe a big offensive season with the Sens and their desperate situation to retain him is going to translate into some numbers that we can't really match? We lined up RyJo, Turris, and Bonino already, so Duchesne is more pure luxury at this point... and while he may have liked the sound of coming here to join a winner back when he was a 60-pt guy trying to get out of the shadows in Colorado... I wonder if he'll be in quite the same headspace if he has a really big year as the top dog in Ottawa. If he feels he's a $9M 90-pt player, say... do we still think he'll like us quite as much as before?

Musing...

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'd feel better about trading Fabbro if we had anything else as a back up on the defensive side I felt comfortable with. Yeah we need to be going for it, but we gotta be real careful we dont leave ourselves so thin that if a guy goes down we don't have a back up plan.

Just think what has happened with the forwards and who you would be playing with a Tolvanen out of the system.

Reactions: glenngineer

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Hey Preds fans. Sens fan coming in peace here.
By all accounts it looks like it’s a good bet Stone will be traded and in my opinion Nashville seems to make the most sense.
Not I’m wondering what would you be willing to part with to get Stone.
Some posters here would say half of their organs plus an arm or leg. Can't have both.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I'd feel better about trading Fabbro if we had anything else as a back up on the defensive side I felt comfortable with. Yeah we need to be going for it, but we gotta be real careful we dont leave ourselves so thin that if a guy goes down we don't have a back up plan.

Just think what has happened with the forwards and who you would be playing with a Tolvanen out of the system.

Fabbro is our only blue chip prospect on the blue line. I don't think you move him at this point.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I'm not sure Ottawa would want Fabbro since there is no guarantee he signs with them. If we trade his rights and he doesn't want to be there he just has to wait one more year and he can go the Vesey route

And as much as I despise Vesey, hes having a big year for the Rags, sure would have been nice to have him as part of our forward depth right now.. so yeah, I despise him even more..

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Is Fabbro more inclined to go the Seth Jones path of being on the third pair, or the Vesey route of saying screw that I'll sign where I want?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I guess it all depends. Duchesne is a good player and I'd be happy to have him... but... he already kind of had some problems playing more of a second fiddle role and maybe a big offensive season with the Sens and their desperate situation to retain him is going to translate into some numbers that we can't really match? We lined up RyJo, Turris, and Bonino already, so Duchesne is more pure luxury at this point... and while he may have liked the sound of coming here to join a winner back when he was a 60-pt guy trying to get out of the shadows in Colorado... I wonder if he'll be in quite the same headspace if he has a really big year as the top dog in Ottawa. If he feels he's a $9M 90-pt player, say... do we still think he'll like us quite as much as before?

Musing...
In just about any other circumstance on any other team in the League, I'd back this. Especially since he's had similar comments lately about how he's enjoying Ottawa. But it's Eugene Melynk holding the checkbook, and so... :dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Agreed. We have Hartman, and Shaw is just as likely to hurt with indiscipline as help. I doubt Montreal is giving him away anymore anyway... but there's a limit to how many guys we can bring in and how many futures assets we can part with, and I'd be chasing other players long before looking at Shaw.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Agreed. We have Hartman, and Shaw is just as likely to hurt with indiscipline as help. I doubt Montreal is giving him away anymore anyway... but there's a limit to how many guys we can bring in and how many futures assets we can part with, and I'd be chasing other players long before looking at Shaw.

Admittedly I haven't watched him in a while now, but I remember him being a net front pest that made space for those top lines in Chicago. I don't think it's quite the same game as Hartman. I also think he would be much cheaper to obtain than just about any other option thrown out in this thread so far. Just a thought for sake of discussion.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Sabres fan here. Wondering if Sissons could be available around the deadline, or in the off-season?

Idk what the cost would be. Seems versatile, can play in a defensive role but is pushed down the roster in Nashville due to your strong forward depth (Johansson, Arvidsson, Forsberg, Turris, Fiala, Smith, Tolvanen, Bonino).

Would offer something like an Evan Rodrigues or a Casey Nelson (RHD, only 26yrs old, 860K and is signed through the 2019-2020 season).

Not sure what Nashville needs, but Sissons seems like a low cost acquisition that could help us towards a playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->