Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Sabres fan here. Wondering if Sissons could be available around the deadline, or in the off-season?

Idk what the cost would be. Seems versatile, can play in a defensive role but is pushed down the roster in Nashville due to your strong forward depth (Johansson, Arvidsson, Forsberg, Turris, Fiala, Smith, Tolvanen, Bonino).

Would offer something like an Evan Rodrigues or a Casey Nelson (RHD, only 26yrs old, 860K and is signed through the 2019-2020 season).

Not sure what Nashville needs, but Sissons seems like a low cost acquisition that could help us towards a playoff run.

Not what you offered at all lol .

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Sabres fan here. Wondering if Sissons could be available around the deadline, or in the off-season?

Idk what the cost would be. Seems versatile, can play in a defensive role but is pushed down the roster in Nashville due to your strong forward depth (Johansson, Arvidsson, Forsberg, Turris, Fiala, Smith, Tolvanen, Bonino).

Would offer something like an Evan Rodrigues or a Casey Nelson (RHD, only 26yrs old, 860K and is signed through the 2019-2020 season).

Not sure what Nashville needs, but Sissons seems like a low cost acquisition that could help us towards a playoff run.
He’s scoring at a .5ppg pace for us and almost always turns it up in the playoffs. Not the kind of guy we would give away barring a huge overpayment

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro

Sissons and a 2nd for Sam Reinhart ;) how bad you want him :)

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

A̶r̶v̶i̶d̶s̶s̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶F̶o̶r̶s̶b̶e̶r̶g̶,̶ ̶T̶u̶r̶r̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶F̶i̶a̶l̶a̶ all out with injuries.. Not a good time to ask...

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
A̶r̶v̶i̶d̶s̶s̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶F̶o̶r̶s̶b̶e̶r̶g̶,̶ ̶T̶u̶r̶r̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶F̶i̶a̶l̶a̶ all out with injuries.. Not a good time to ask...

Well that’s why I prefaced it as at the deadline or during the off-season.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Well that’s why I prefaced it as at the deadline or during the off-season.

No offense but why would you think the Preds would be looking to get rid of a roster player? We are expecting a playoff run of our own and consider ourselves to be in a Cup window for at least a couple more years.

Sissons is so versatile he is far more valuable playing for us than any reasonable trade pieces.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
No offense but why would you think the Preds would be looking to get rid of a roster player? We are expecting a playoff run of our own and consider ourselves to be in a Cup window for at least a couple more years.

Sissons is so versatile he is far more valuable playing for us than any reasonable trade pieces.

I was looking more towards the deadline or off-season. Probably more towards the off-season, as you said, Nashville is a contender and probably won’t trade a roster forward. Unless they got healthy up front and found a bigger need in defense for their bottom pairing?
Again wasn’t particularly sure of what Nashville would be looking for, but then, that’s why we have these threads, right?

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I was looking more towards the deadline or off-season. Probably more towards the off-season, as you said, Nashville is a contender and probably won’t trade a roster forward. Unless they got healthy up front and found a bigger need in defense for their bottom pairing?
Again wasn’t particularly sure of what Nashville would be looking for, but then, that’s why we have these threads, right?

Unless *knock on wood* Ellis and Subban go down with injury, we will not need to add a defenseman.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Not so much a proposal for this season but a look back at last season. In retrospect, how many are ok with the Hartman trade now? I was always kind of middle of the road but as of now it looks pretty good imo.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Not so much a proposal for this season but a look back at last season. In retrospect, how many are ok with the Hartman trade now? I was always kind of middle of the road but as of now it looks pretty good imo.
i am okay with it. he looked pretty bad and lost his cool last years playoffs. it all comes down to the playoffs for me.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He's on pace for about 30 pts this season. And signed a nice cheap deal in the summer. It's pretty decent.

What else could we have done with that 1st pick is the main question. Without going back to refresh my memory about last year's rental market, I would submit that our team was basically off-kilter in the playoffs anyway, the way the 2nd line disappeared and the struggles with Josi/Ellis, and some more issues with Rinne in certain games. So I don't think we were going anywhere last year regardless of any rental pickup we might have used that 1st on instead of Hartman.

There were some decent prospects picked at #27 and beyond... I guess there would be trade-chip value in owning one of those prospects right now for a new rental trade this February. Right now, any team we trade with is going to zero in on Fabbro and Tolvanen. If we additionally had Veleno or Berggren or McIsaac or who knows whoever we might have picked in that spot... well, I think it would give us a lot more flexibility in seeking out a rental trade at the deadline this year without disintegrating our barren futures cupboard more.

So end of the day, I'm about as "okay" with it today as I was at the time. It was a bit of an eyebrow-raiser, not what I was expecting, but I'd rather have Hartman than a rental we only got 20 games out of in a year where we were already kind of a lost cause for the playoffs. It's highly speculative what we could have done had we just kept the pick instead and used it as a chip for a trade this year. Too highly speculative for me to lose any sleep over it. We might have been able to do a little better. Or more likely not. I was "somewhat ok" with the trade when it happened. I'm just that or maybe a tad better than that now. :dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Choo-choo! Guessing it would take at least the Johansen contract. But I'm ok with that.
JoFA
Fiala-Turris-Stone
Jarnkrok-Bonino-Smith
Watson-Sissons-Hartman
... hard to top that.

Hard to afford that too, of course. But we should have around $15M to sign Stone, Fiala, Sissons and Hartman. If the cap goes up to $84-85M. Or in this scenario $7M to divvy up between Fiala, Sissons, and Hartman. $2.5M each, give or take. $2.5M long-term for Sissons would be fine. $2.5M bridges for Fiala and Hartman would be fair-ish.

Not a total pipe dream to make this work anyway.

Guessing trade would be Tolvanen+1st as the starting point, plus a bit more. As hopeful as I am for Tolvanen, I would do this *IF* the signing of Stone was guaranteed. As just a rental, however... I'm still a little leery. :dunno:

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I'm okay with trading Fiala in any potential deal. That second line badly needs a line driver. Every player we try on that line has their own niche in which they are good at but all of them depend on others to create time and space for them for the most part.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'm not too eager to see any deals until we get a few bodies back in the lineup. We're treading water and playing some mediocre hockey, but I don't know adding another winger (e.g. Stone) changes the overall picture right now. Get healthy and show we have that contender swagger back before we start mortgaging the little future we have left.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm not too eager to see any deals until we get a few bodies back in the lineup. We're treading water and playing some mediocre hockey, but I don't know adding another winger (e.g. Stone) changes the overall picture right now. Get healthy and show we have that contender swagger back before we start mortgaging the little future we have left.
Ottawa is not likely to oblige us now (if ever) anyway, so I only ever think of it as a trade deadline deal. But they have every reason to wait until the last possible minute before the deadline:
- make sure they really are missing the playoffs - and by as little as possible so that they try to minimize the shame factor from the pick they give Colorado
- see if they can sign Stone
- maximize the return with as much of a bidding war between contending teams as possible
- sell tickets and keep fans as engaged as long as they can before capitulating

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Ottawa is not likely to oblige us now (if ever) anyway, so I only ever think of it as a trade deadline deal. But they have every reason to wait until the last possible minute before the deadline:
- make sure they really are missing the playoffs - and by as little as possible so that they try to minimize the shame factor from the pick they give Colorado
- see if they can sign Stone
- maximize the return with as much of a bidding war between contending teams as possible
- sell tickets and keep fans as engaged as long as they can before capitulating
I know this is all fantasy GMing anyway, but I think Stone is a pipe-dream. If available, there's going to be a ton of teams willing and able to take him on and we don't tend to fare well in a "highest bidder" scenario (unless it's for bottom 6ers!).

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
We don't need to be the team with the best offer. We only need to have the best offer out of teams Stone is ready to resign with to have a shot, right?

Thought, I have no idea if we're on that list or not...

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I know this is all fantasy GMing anyway, but I think Stone is a pipe-dream. If available, there's going to be a ton of teams willing and able to take him on and we don't tend to fare well in a "highest bidder" scenario (unless it's for bottom 6ers!).
Well, the "tons" are at least limited by Ottawa likely still wanting to trade to the Western Conference, and then I don't know how many Western contenders project to at least be able to dream of shoehorning a big new contract for Stone into their budget for next year. For example, that's something a Winnipeg, say, would be less likely to envision. Or Edmonton. Or.... ? It only takes 1 team to outbid us, though. But at least we have the potential to be able to better rationalize a highest bid, given we could at least dare to hope to retain Stone long-term where for many other teams he could more likely only be looked at as a rental.

Anyway, it sure seems like there is potential for the market to hold plenty of alternative options for us as well. Stone, Panarin, Duchesne, Pavelski, Eberle, Skinner, Nyquist, Zuccarello, Nelson, Lee, Simmonds, Silfverberg... there are a fair number of impending-UFA forwards who could fit in a top-6 role. They won't all be on the deadline trade market, but it seems likely that enough of them might.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
We seriously have to get rid of Turris. What a waste. God help us if we have him for 6 more years.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
while i think that is a bit much, it is a relative point about our forwards in general.

with fiala regressing if anything and tolvanen obviously being overhyped, outside of JOFA, there is no forward on our team that can impact the game when it matters come playoff time. pushed around way too easy and not enough skill to make up for it.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Smith is strong on the boards, has a good shot and Turris is a good all-arounder with a decent shot too, but that line needs a good playmaker. That could be Fiala next year or something, but apparently not yet.

Target? Johansen type big body (Eric Stall, should Mild be selling at TDL?) or more Fiala type speedy playmaker a la Duchene maybe. How does Poile, Lavi & co see the situation, are they ready to give up what it takes to land one of these guys or do they believe we're on the verge to solve our issues and rather hold on to our assets or do they maybe wanna push for say Duchene and get him here sooner rather than later (aka offseason, if that's the plan in the first place)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad