Proposal: Trade Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I think we'd have to include one of Fiala or Tolvanen in the deal, which I wouldn't oppose if there was a reasonable extension in place (verbal agreement or sign&trade) prior to the trade.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Bonino is 4th among forwards in TOI per game and plays nearly 2 minutes per game on both the PP and PK. He's not a "4th liner" using any measurement but straight EV TOI. He also consistently takes the most difficult defensive assignments excepting lines that are too fast for him. He is overpaid, but not by enough to justify dumping the contract.
I'm not wanting to dump Bonino just cause. It was solely based on the if we could get Duchene and sign him long term. Say if he signs an extension at 8 per then I think Bonino would be a player you could get rid of at a 4 million dollar cap hit. It was all hypothetical if we got Duchene though. Just looking at it cap wise. Sissons Hartman and Fiala are gonna get a raise this year and I just think in that senerio where we get Duchene and sign him Turris and Bonino would probably need to get moved

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I foresee Simmonds in our future. I'd honestly rather have Duchene, but unsure if that will actually happen.

Preds reporters on twitter seem to be obsessed with landing Simmonds lately. He's a 30 year old power forward looking for a payday. A bad combination if you ask me. Last thing we need on this team is a Lucic-like contract.

Bonino is 4th among forwards in TOI per game and plays nearly 2 minutes per game on both the PP and PK. He's not a "4th liner" using any measurement but straight EV TOI. He also consistently takes the most difficult defensive assignments excepting lines that are too fast for him. He is overpaid, but not by enough to justify dumping the contract.

He's also been good at screening the goalie lately.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
If we could get Duchene for Sissons and a 1st it would've been done two weeks ago.

Personally, I don't want Simmonds only because of age and wear the kind of game he plays. I think he would be a lot better than most of our forward options though.

If Philly really wants to blow the entire thing up, Giroux or Voracek would also look good. Contracts are a little harder to balance out without sending money the other way.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Eklund(I know!) Says we are interested in Hagelin.

That does seem like a typical Poile deadline move.

All of you thinking we will make some big in season trade that costs us multiple players are gonna be disappointed

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

All of you thinking we will make some big in season trade that costs us multiple players are gonna be disappointed

I don't mind a lesser move for depth. He has been hurt all year from the looks of it. Can we play Grimaldi, Hagelin, and Arvy just for fun

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
An LW would suit our lineup better but if we were to get Simmonds:

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
Hartman - Turris - Simmonds
Fiala - Sissons - Smith
Watson - Bonino - Jarnkrok
Grimaldi

If we got someone like Hagelin, then I'd swap to 2nd and 3rd lines, move Hartman to RW and the new guy to the left wing. Fortunately, TDL is far away, and we probably will get Turris back before that and try different combinations.

Good news are, JOFA is still as good and Sissons sticks with any line he has a chance with, Fiala is finding his game and Smith will put up 20+ goals again. We do need to find a better spot for Hartman, we need to utilize him better.

That 4th line would be one hell of a shutdown line and could provide some offense as well. X - Turris - Hartman should make up for a solid middle-6 line as well if they find the chemistry. I think Turris is the X factor here, if he can find his old self we will be much better off.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm a big fan of Sissons, but, in certain situations he should certainly be available.
Disagree. We have other assets that don't make any current impact to our team that should have good enough market value to move those instead. There should not be any deadline rental situation where we consider giving up Sissons. Especially this year, where it seems like there might be a relatively wide variety of players available at the deadline... we shouldn't ever end up stuck dealing with a team that just irrationally demands Sissons be part of a deal because we can just flip our interest to a different player on another team and keep Sissons out of it all.

Reactions: Gnashville

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

I truly hope we don't make any moves other than a 4th line depth and/or 3rd paring depth trade. When everyone is healthy, this team really is awesome. Don't mess with that.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Zuccarello is a guy I could see Poile being interested in. I've thought all year that the forwards could use a playmaker after JOFA. He would likely cost a first though. It will be interesting to see if Poile is willing to deal his first again this year.

I realize it is a complete pipedream but I would 100% trade Turris + for a signed Duchene. Turris has not fit well here IMO.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Zuccarello is a guy I could see Poile being interested in. I've thought all year that the forwards could use a playmaker after JOFA. He would likely cost a first though. It will be interesting to see if Poile is willing to deal his first again this year.

I realize it is a complete pipedream but I would 100% trade Turris + for a signed Duchene. Turris has not fit well here IMO.
That's the nice thing about how this market at the deadline is shaping up... even if there are gaudy prizes like Panarin, Stone, Duchesne out there, and maybe they command a king's ransom, there also seem to be many very good "consolation prizes" potentially available... Zuccarello, Silfverberg, Nyquist for example. If Poile plays his cards right - and he usually seems to - I am very optimistic that we'll get a good player. And he had better be willing to deal his 1st again - this is Prime Window time, there is never going to be a more justifiable time to be willing to deal it.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Turris + 1st for (signed) Duchene
Duchene is obviously better than Turris. Turris and the 2nd line are our weakest link right now.

That being said, I too am wary of Duchene's contract year production. He seems to be one of those guys who selectively plays hard. Our two highest players are already like that (Johanssen and PK); don't want to really add another 8m loafer for the long haul.

But yes, for the love of god, find a way to upgrade Turris.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
If Poile plays his cards right - and he usually seems to - I am very optimistic that we'll get a good player.
That one time we got past the 2nd round I think our deadline acquisition was PA Parranteau.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN

Hagelin actually makes a lot of sense. A poor man's Duchene when Duchene plays wing.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
That one time we got past the 2nd round I think our deadline acquisition was PA Parranteau.
Sure, Fiddler for a 4th or Parenteau for a 6th... and going further back there were worse deadline deals. But it was a different set of expectations and a different availability market I would say. After that playoff rise I think the expectations have changed for the 2018 and 2019 deadlines. The team is in a definite contender's bracket now for deals. And the market seems like it will have a lot more prominent players potentially available than in any year I can think of.

But sure, I didn't expect Hartman last year either. And while he has been useful this season, and I don't mind the deal, it wasn't what I was expecting last year. So anything can happen. I'm still going to be optimistic that the Preds trade their 1st and add a bigger piece, however. Bearing in mind that me being optimistic is not intended to be a guarantor of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce