Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am really surprised reading about how Leddys game has fallen off. So what is the value difference between Leddy and Petry ?

Leddy........Weber
Reilly..........Juulsen

The combos work better with a LHD like Leddy versus a RHD like Petry.

Leddy and Dobson for Petry plus ?

Havent been following Dobson so dont know how he is doing, but does this make sense for us and the Isles and what do we have to add ?

Islanders are going to build around Barzal and Dobson is in their plans. They won't be adding Dobson with Leddy in a trade. As far as Leddy vs Petry. It's an interesting comparison. Leddy is a victim of playing on a bad team for several years.

If you plan on having the Habs contend sooner rather than later, Mete+ for Leddy would be a move I would consider making. I'd also request Shaw be part of the package and I would even retain $0.5M. If we pick up Leddy, we need to keep some cap space to add a goal scoring winger. Shaw or Alzner would need to go and Shaw is the easier one to move.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I'm embarrassed to ask since I should know this by now, but does Carey Price have a no movement clause in his contract? In other words, can he be traded to any team without his consent?

The reason i ask is given that he is starting to look like his old self again, I wonder if there are a few teams getting desperate enough this early in the season that we may just be able to pull off something big.

Teams that made big free agent signings this past summer in the hopes that it would finally put them over the hump like St,Louis, Dallas, and Philadelphia are all struggling and we know it has nothing to to with their offensive production.

They're still not able to get over their longstanding Achilles heel - goaltending.

At this point, I'm sure that before the season gets away from them they would overpay to get Carrey and would be willing to give up a boatload of picks, A prospects and young up and comers.

Of course, we would need to retain salary and/or take on salary back, but this wouldn't be a problem.

Then you've got the opposite end of the spectrum - teams that, after having endured years of rebuilding , are now overflowing with young talent that might want to take the next step.

I'm thinking a team like Carolina or Florida would be a perfect match as they too are missing goaltending as well. ( I know Luongo is hurt, but let's be honest - the guy is on his last legs).

Anyways, suffice to say there are a lot teams under the gun right now due to their poor goaltending - who knows how desperate they will get if things don't turn around soon.

Never thought i'd said this after he signed that contract, but if Carrey keeps showing he is back to his old form we may just have a huge trade chip to play.

The fact that we also have a resurgent Niemi makes a trade even more palpable.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm embarrassed to ask since I should know this by now, but does Carey Price have a no movement clause in his contract? In other words, can he be traded to any team without his consent?

The reason i ask is given that he is starting to look like his old self again, I wonder if there are a few teams getting desperate enough this early in the season that we may just be able to pull off something big.

Teams that made big free agent signings this past summer in the hopes that it would finally put them over the hump like St,Louis, Dallas, and Philadelphia are all struggling and we know it has nothing to to with their offensive production.

They're still not able to get over their longstanding Achilles heel - goaltending.

At this point, I'm sure that before the season gets away from them they would overpay to get Carrey and would be willing to give up a boatload of picks, A prospects and young up and comers.

Of course, we would need to retain salary and/or take on salary back, but this wouldn't be a problem.

Then you've got the opposite end of the spectrum - teams that, after having endured years of rebuilding , are now overflowing with young talent that might want to take the next step.

I'm thinking a team like Carolina or Florida would be a perfect match as they too are missing goaltending as well. ( I know Luongo is hurt, but let's be honest - the guy is on his last legs).

Anyways, suffice to say there are a lot teams under the gun right now due to their poor goaltending - who knows how desperate they will get if things don't turn around soon.

Never thought i'd said this after he signed that contract, but if Carrey keeps showing he is back to his old form we may just have a huge trade chip to play.

Full NMC

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Can't see the Isles moving Dobson so soon. They were elated to get him

I know, Uncle Lou was rumoured to be involved in a rumoured Habs-Buffalo trade whereby we get ROR and they get Patches but when he saw who was available he backed out.

I guess it comes down to whether they have interest in such an exchange and how badly they want to make the post season. With all the arena issues, being also rans for so long it sounded as if there was pressure to finally be a good play off team, and then they lose Tavares.

These last few years I have been surprised many times at some of the trades that have been made and I have just learned that with parity and the Cap, teams always have to be in the loop because opportunities present themselves.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Mark my words. Marc Bergevin will never trade Carey Price or Shea Weber.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Mark my words. Marc Bergevin will never trade Carey Price or Shea Weber.

I won't bet against you! But things do change over time. I guess the probability of Bergevin being around long enough where we fail to a point of considering trading Price or Weber is not realistic. It's likely that if they are ever traded, it's by the next GM.

Every team needs leadership and good quality vets. I have no issues with Price/Weber leading a young core into our future.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...

I just have to point it out. No. Niemi is not "resurgent" he's 35 and he's playing backup for a reason. No doubt he's been great for us but dude... no. If the idea is to trade Price and tank then fine, maybe I can get behind it but trying to justify Niemi would be an alright choice to have as our starter is mad. I know we have Lindgren as well... but no...

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Islanders are going to build around Barzal and Dobson is in their plans. They won't be adding Dobson with Leddy in a trade. As far as Leddy vs Petry. It's an interesting comparison. Leddy is a victim of playing on a bad team for several years.

If you plan on having the Habs contend sooner rather than later, Mete+ for Leddy would be a move I would consider making. I'd also request Shaw be part of the package and I would even retain $0.5M. If we pick up Leddy, we need to keep some cap space to add a goal scoring winger. Shaw or Alzner would need to go and Shaw is the easier one to move.

I do think that Leddy would be a great fit for us. But if it was me, I'd try move Juulsen over Mete. With a healthy defence, Juulsen is relegated to the third pair. Mete can compete with Reilly for the 2nd pairing LD role. Additionally, we have Fleury and Brook who can be ready as soon as next year to try for the 3rd pairing RD spot. Putting out a 3rd pairing of Reilly - Benn/Schlemko is in my opinion better than Oulette - Juulsen. And possibly having Brook step in next year makes Juulsen a bit more expendable than Mete.

I also think Shaw has more value around the league than he gets credit for here. Especially with a touch of retention.

Juulsen
Shaw
Scherbak
2019 1st
2020 2nd

for

Leddy
Ho-Sang
2019 3rd

is something worth at least thinking about.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I do think that Leddy would be a great fit for us. But if it was me, I'd try move Juulsen over Mete. With a healthy defence, Juulsen is relegated to the third pair. Mete can compete with Reilly for the 2nd pairing LD role. Additionally, we have Fleury and Brook who can be ready as soon as next year to try for the 3rd pairing RD spot. Putting out a 3rd pairing of Reilly - Benn/Schlemko is in my opinion better than Oulette - Juulsen. And possibly having Brook step in next year makes Juulsen a bit more expendable than Mete.

I also think Shaw has more value around the league than he gets credit for here. Especially with a touch of retention.

Juulsen
Shaw
Scherbak
2019 1st
2020 2nd

for

Leddy
Ho-Sang
2019 3rd

Not me. I'd be trading Mete before Juulsen. Juulsen is showing very good promise at reaching his ceiling vs Mete. I hate how Mete is manhandled and his defensive game is to hopefully contain vs neutralize. I do acknowledge his offensive abilities, vision, and skating though. At the moment, he is not in the situation to showcase this for us

Juulsen is leading the team in hits and blocks as a 21 year old. It's impressive

Last edited:
Reactions: Sterling Archer

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Juulsen
Shaw
Scherbak
2019 1st
2020 2nd

for

Leddy
Ho-Sang
2019 3rd

Thats insane. A top prospect, a 1st, 2nd + for crap.

I would pass on Leddy big time. If we wanted a puckmoving left handed defenseman we should have offered a contract to De haan. Also we are not contender and trading away any pick should be forbidden.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Fortin and a 4th for Scherbak. One Blackhawks fan would do it on the main boards. Seems like a reasonable trade if you ask me. Especially if we have no room for Scherbak right now. Who knows, maybe the 4th gets us a hit in the next draft. Fortin does not have to clear waivers and his AHL stats are on par with Scherbak at the same age.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Juulsen
Shaw
Scherbak
2019 1st
2020 2nd

for

Leddy
Ho-Sang
2019 3rd

LOL what a terrible trade

Reactions: Habs Icing

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
if we were going to target vets, it would need to be guys that we see as long term fits...

Minny looks like a good target imo

To Montreal
Brodin
Niederreiter

To Minny
Tatar
Scherbak
CBJ 2nd

Drouin - Domi - Lekhonen
Byron - Danault - Gallagher
Niederreiter - JKo - Armia
Foligno - Pleks/Peca - Hudon
DLo, Shaw

Brodin - Petry (Weber)
Rielly - Juulsen (Petry)
Mete - Ouellette (Juulsen)
Benn/Alzner

I think Niederreiter could be a great fit for JKo's wing... has the offensive talent and creativity to match JKo's vision, and the size and physicality to be a great compliment.
Brodin is perhaps the ideal fit to plant on Weber's left side for the next 3-4 years, could help us get the most of both players.

Does Minny have enough confidence in their D-corp to move Brodin? Is freeing up ~4M$ in cap space, while adding Scherbak and a pick enough incentive? Tatar is a pretty good fit for their fwd group, and easily an equivalent or better to the more expensive Niederreiter.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Juulsen
Shaw
Scherbak
2019 1st
2020 2nd

for

Leddy
Ho-Sang
2019 3rd

this is a terrible deal..
juulsen and our first are absolutely not in play

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

Juulsen
Shaw
Scherbak
2019 1st
2020 2nd

for

Leddy
Ho-Sang
2019 3rd

Holy over payment.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Wow. I'm already reading about teams with poor starts looking to improve on the D. Top 3D are going to be at a premium.

For those questioning a high return on Petry, remember Hamonic is a no.4D and he got a 1st round pick, being 12thOA and 2 2nds. Hamonic is not remotely close to Petry in ability.

Again, if not for the Expansion Draft I doubt I would be thinking of moving him right now but I have to believe if Weber, Petry and Reilly are protected, that Juulsen is a good candidate to be picked off. I would rather keep Juulsen and get assets for Petry than lose Juulsen for nothing. I think Juulsen is really looking like a no.4D, and while quite a bit less valuable than a 3D, he still would carry a lot of value as witnessed by the Hamonic deal.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
I don't know why but I keep having this recurring idea to just get Maata from Pit so we can play him with Mete I can stop thinking about this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad