Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
The one trade I really expect to see is Plekanec for a 2nd/3rd. We could replace him with Peca in the short term, and Poehling when he's done school. I also wouldn't mind trading Byron and Petry, not that I don't like them, but I just think we'd get back something sweet with both guys on good deal for a couple more years. And if Hudon/Scherbak continue to dissapoint, wouldn't mind seeing Suzuki. End of season this year, and begining of season next year:

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher (If Kotka progresses, let's see what he can do)
Drouin-Domi-Armia (D/D playing 2 man game, so Army would just add size, retrieve pucks, add net presence etc).
Lehkonen-Poehling-Suzuki
Deslaurier-Danault-Shaw

Reilly-Weber
Mete-Juulsen
Alzner/Benn-Brook

Price
Niemi

That's a good young team that should also have plenty in the org with the returns for Petry, Byron, Plekanec etc, our first rounder etc...
You know if the team continues to get the results it has been getting, none of those trades make sense.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I don’t expect us to win 66% of our games, but understand your point. Eventually we will make room for the kids though.
Yes but eventually could mean two years. Of the kids that could be ready next year I only see Suzuki, Brook and maybe Poehling. If the team does well this year I could see management deciding to send all three to Laval. And i still think Kotkaniemi won't stay with the team this year. Maybe next year.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Yes but eventually could mean two years. Of the kids that could be ready next year I only see Suzuki, Brook and maybe Poehling. If the team does well this year I could see management deciding to send all three to Laval. And i still think Kotkaniemi won't stay with the team this year. Maybe next year.
I’d say Poehling is the most ready and Brook the least ready myself.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Anyone else super annoyed to think we could have gotten Nylander + + for Subban as T.O would easily do this trade to help them get over the top. As it stands don't think Toronto would do Weber straight up for Nylander... I hate our clown Gm

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone else super annoyed to think we could have gotten Nylander + + for Subban as T.O would easily do this trade to help them get over the top. As it stands don't think Toronto would do Weber straight up for Nylander... I hate our clown Gm
I'm not that high on Nylander to be honest.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that our GM refused a deal around Taylor Hall + for PK Subban before shipping him for Shea Weber

Reactions: sheed36

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Poehling was miles ahead of both Brook and Kotkaniemi there
From what I remember he was pretty much on par with Brook who was also lights out. I could also return your argument about pre season that does not mean much.. just like development camp does not mean much.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
first goal of the season! still 1 period left

looks like he was removed one of his assist from last game!

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I know we needed C prospects, but I threw out a proposal of Patches for Panarin. Reason for us was that Panarin was the superior and younger player. I thought the only reasons the Hawks might do it is because they were once again hard against the Cap and in the wash would save $1.5M per year over the 2 years of the contracts, and they were also getting a reliable 30 goal scorer. Panarin was of course ultimately traded to Columbus. I had posted this proposal on the Hawks board and as I recall, a couple or few would have done it. There was no outrage by anyone.

Columbus is not a destination. Not that players will not resign there, but I think in doing trades Columbus wants to see term on contracts or plenty of RFA years left. They are not going to let Panarin walk for nothing regardless of whether they could use him post season.

Montreal isnt exactly a destination city either. But Montreal is a good sized city with plenty of night life, and a European flare which appeals to some players. It's also hockey mad and we have Cap space.

I wonder if a Drouin for Panarin deal might work. Drouin is obviously the lesser player but he is young, has high skill and plenty of term left.

Of course Panarin, who turns 27 in about a week, would have to be on board and sign an extension with us. I'm thinking about $9M-$9.5M for 7 years.

This would of course kill any chance of a tank.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
We should seriously consider trading Petry with retention this year, he is a RHD, which is a good commodity around the league nowdays and he's good for 30 -35 points playing on the second pairing. Byron is a 20/20 3rd line with speed and alwaya a threat on the PK and at 3.4mil, is a good add for any cup contender. I would also be looking at trading Tatar with retention. Just finish the season with McCarron and Sherback. We need to acquire as many 1st round picks for the next 2 coming draft.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We should seriously consider trading Petry with retention this year, he is a RHD, which is a good commodity around the league nowdays and he's good for 30 -35 points playing on the second pairing. Byron is a 20/20 3rd line with speed and alwaya a threat on the PK and at 3.4mil, is a good add for any cup contender. I would also be looking at trading Tatar with retention. Just finish the season with McCarron and Sherback. We need to acquire as many 1st round picks for the next 2 coming draft.

I like the general gyst but I doubt Byron is going anywhere. They've just signed him to an extension and he's been given a letter -- that shows long-term commitment. Petry can be traded to 15 teams and should be marketed when the time is right this year. Tatar could be great TDL move, especially if he continues on his current production.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why would we move Tatar?

1) Buy low, Sell high. He is playing well on the Habs. If we can get a solid return, we should do it.
2) We need to tank to get a better chance at a lottery win
3) Tatar has 3 years left and do you consider him part of our future cup winning roster?
4) Room for Scherbak on the roster. We allow him to play a full season (or close to it) and it also helps our tank chances

Reactions: monkza

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If the Habs were to attempt to get Nylander, how far are we with Petry and Lenkonen as the basis of a package offer?

It depends on what other teams offer. Leafs prefer to get a younger D in return. Someone that can help them now vs later and also grow with the young core but still on ELC. Petry, Lehkonen, + is a decent offer but we need to add more and not sure this is a type of package the Leafs would want for Nylander.

If the deal is out there, the Leafs prefer a RyJo for Jones type deal. However, they need to find another Preds type team that is stacked on D and looking for improvements up front.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
There are some teams with aspirations of some objective, be it contender or play offs that are not hitting expectations at this early stage. Premature for them to make a big move, but the ones that fall behind in the play off race may look at making an early move, say at the quarter mark, because they cant afford to fall too far behind.

I think we at least stand pat until the TDL is on the horizon. Petry is our best possible trading chip but I have no interest moving him plus, for Nylander. It would be for a good high draft pick and top young D player/prospect. I want to see how the kids are developing though and if Reilly keeps it up.

Its tricky. If Reilly has had a break out season then we have a top 3 of Weber, Petry and Reilly. Pretty good, and you round it out with Juulsen as no. 4. But then there is the Expansion Draft.

I would be very tempted to move Petry once Weber is back if there is a real good offer made.

Dont know about moving Tatar or Byron. The Tuna line is doing so well, and both these guys should score 20. We need guys who can score at least 20. But as always, if an offer blows MB away....

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Seems Anthony Mantha is back in Blashill's doghouse...

I'd love to get that guy in Montreal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Seems Anthony Mantha is back in Blashill's doghouse...

I'd love to get that guy in Montreal.

was never a big fan, good shot but I don't think he's a fit here. Although we seem to be ok with former wings players so far but we don't have room for more wingers so it would need to be a 2 for 1 type of deal. Like say Scherbak and Hudon for Mantha but then I would have to start following the wings if they had a Hudon DLR Scherbak line.

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
was never a big fan, good shot but I don't think he's a fit here. Although we seem to be ok with former wings players so far but we don't have room for more wingers so it would need to be a 2 for 1 type of deal. Like say Scherbak and Hudon for Mantha but then I would have to start following the wings if they had a Hudon DLR Scherbak line.
Just figure the Habs could use a winger with some size and who can finish.

But Mantha definitely has some work rate issues, so you're right in the sense that i'm not sure if he would be a fit here.

I've just always thought he would somehow end up in Montreal for some reason.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Just figure the Habs could use a winger with some size and who can finish.

But Mantha definitely has some work rate issues, so you're right in the sense that i'm not sure if he would be a fit here.

I've just always thought he would somehow end up in Montreal for some reason.

I think Mantha could/would fit here, I'm just not sure Montreal has the pieces to make it work. Detroit probably wants a young D-man and Montreal cannot afford to pay that price. Montreal is also pretty deep at the wings. Who do you move. LW isn't likely to be adjusted much. Drouin isn't being moved. Byron and Tatar have been Montreal's two best forwards so far. At RW Gallagher is Montreal's best forward, Lehkonen has been pretty excellent as a two-way winger and Montreal just added Armia (who has size). Plus planning in the medium-term probably sees Domi shift back to wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad