Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
His cap hit is 5.3......Am i missing something here, how did you come up with 4.8? Are Vegas or Detroit kicking in a half million per season?

Yes. Vegas , half a million.

Aside from a possible move to deal with our one too many forwards , nothing else is going to happen soon.

At this point its see how what has been put together works, and are there guys who distinguish themselves. You know, is Domi a 2C, is Reilly really a top 3D who can fill in on the top pair with Weber ?

People, including me , have talked about trading Petry. But if Reilly can pair up with Weber , then you have a top 3D, with Juulsen to round out the top 4.

This really is about seeing how it goes. Will say this, I think Petry at the TDL is going to have some real big value. But he just maybe more valuable to us. Just have to see.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
His cap hit is 5.3......Am i missing something here, how did you come up with 4.8? Are Vegas or Detroit kicking in a half million per season?

Vegas picked up 500k per year.

It's unbelievable how Vegas botched their dealings for and about this guy.

They ended up paying Suzuki, a first, two seconds, a third, and $1,000,000 over the next two years to get the right to Pacioretty for this year at $4.5M and the right to sign him for four years at $7M one year earlier than if they had to get him on the open market

Last edited:

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Vegas picked up 500k per year.

It's unbelievable how Vegas botched their dealings for and about this guy.

They ended up paying Suzuki, a first, two seconds, a third, and $1,000,000 over the next two years to get the right to Pacioretty for this year at $4.5M and the right to sign him for four years at $7M one year earlier than if they had to get him on the open market

They had Perron and Neal, for free, decided to let them walk

Then decided to pay for a player; Tatar (1st, 2nd, 3rd) Suzuki a 2nd that has a cap hit of 7.5 with the retain money.

That’s a lot of assets

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
It will never happen, but since he's a UFA this off-season one guy I would love to see with Domi/Drouin is Panarin.

Then a potential PP unit with:

Panarin - Gallagher - Domi/Tatar
Drouin - Weber

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The one trade I really expect to see is Plekanec for a 2nd/3rd. We could replace him with Peca in the short term, and Poehling when he's done school. I also wouldn't mind trading Byron and Petry, not that I don't like them, but I just think we'd get back something sweet with both guys on good deal for a couple more years. And if Hudon/Scherbak continue to dissapoint, wouldn't mind seeing Suzuki. End of season this year, and begining of season next year:

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher (If Kotka progresses, let's see what he can do)
Drouin-Domi-Armia (D/D playing 2 man game, so Army would just add size, retrieve pucks, add net presence etc).
Lehkonen-Poehling-Suzuki
Deslaurier-Danault-Shaw

Reilly-Weber
Mete-Juulsen
Alzner/Benn-Brook

Price
Niemi

That's a good young team that should also have plenty in the org with the returns for Petry, Byron, Plekanec etc, our first rounder etc...

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
It will never happen, but since he's a UFA this off-season one guy I would love to see with Domi/Drouin is Panarin.

Then a potential PP unit with:

Panarin - Gallagher - Domi/Tatar
Drouin - Weber

I would go hard after Panarin. I would give him $8+ easily. He could change this team. He's exactly what we need - an elite RH LW who can shoot, make plays, and change our PP.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yes. Vegas , half a million.

Aside from a possible move to deal with our one too many forwards , nothing else is going to happen soon.

At this point its see how what has been put together works, and are there guys who distinguish themselves. You know, is Domi a 2C, is Reilly really a top 3D who can fill in on the top pair with Weber ?

People, including me , have talked about trading Petry. But if Reilly can pair up with Weber , then you have a top 3D, with Juulsen to round out the top 4.

This really is about seeing how it goes. Will say this, I think Petry at the TDL is going to have some real big value. But he just maybe more valuable to us. Just have to see.
Im more comfortable with

Rielly/Mete-Weber
Rielly/Mete-Juulsen

Than with Petry here and Jules on the last pair.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Sportsnet insider Nick Kypreos hinted towards a possible solution when he stated recently that Columbus Blue Jackets forward Josh Anderson wasn't happy with his situation in Columbus.
Anderson is a big right winger standing at 6'3 and 221 pounds, and put up 19 goals in 63 games last season, and will certainly score 20 goals if he can stay healthy this year.
His ice time is however limited in Columbus and doesn't have a big fan in head coach John Tortorella.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Lol Panarin didin't want to sign with us when where one of the top team in the league, why would he sign here now ?
Because he chose Chicago who WAS the top team in the league at the time...
Now it's about lifestyle and Montreal is very European and a top team in the NHL (as of right now) plus he's familiar with a GM who he knows has wanted him for a long time and would be a centerpiece to a young and competitive team for years to come.

Of course I could write a similar write up for just about any team in the NHL so I guess this is all very moot. It's easy to say where he won't go as you have a 31-32 chance of being right.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Sportsnet insider Nick Kypreos hinted towards a possible solution when he stated recently that Columbus Blue Jackets forward Josh Anderson wasn't happy with his situation in Columbus.
Anderson is a big right winger standing at 6'3 and 221 pounds, and put up 19 goals in 63 games last season, and will certainly score 20 goals if he can stay healthy this year.
His ice time is however limited in Columbus and doesn't have a big fan in head coach John Tortorella.

He would bring something that we lack, that's for sure.

I'm a fan of his.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Vegas is. They retained $500,000 over the life of his contract. Habs cap hit is $4,8m over the next 3 years, which is fine for someone like Tatar.

JimboJay

Oct 9, 2018
The longer Nylander sits, the more the Leafs are going to realize they dont need him. What they DO need is a top pairing right D. Now, I would almost bet money they would do Nylander for Weber. Yes, there's a huge age difference but Babcock would do everything in his power to get Man-Mountain on that team & honestly he would probably change their whole blueline - which is really their big weakness. Their window is NOW - and fixing that hole ASAP is crucial. If they wait for the D to mature they will lose forwards to the cap etc.

However, I can imagine NO situation where MB moves Weber. He's the newly minted captain & a few weeks ago MB basically said, point blank, that Weber is the kind of guy you "hold on to."

So... what about Petry? I dont think it would be 1 for 1 (we might have to add someone like Scherbak or a prospect from Laval) but it would still be worth it. It also gives us an opportunity to keep Juulsen, who has been fantastic, in the top 4. When Weber comes back Juulsen goes to the 3rd pairing? Seems like a waste.

Drouin - Domi - Nylander (or put Nylander at C)
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Hudon - Peca - Armia/Shaw

Reilly - Weber
Mete - Juulsen
Oulette - Benn

Reactions: mariolemieux66

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
The longer Nylander sits, the more the Leafs are going to realize they dont need him. What they DO need is a top pairing right D. Now, I would almost bet money they would do Nylander for Weber. Yes, there's a huge age difference but Babcock would do everything in his power to get Man-Mountain on that team & honestly he would probably change their whole blueline - which is really their big weakness. Their window is NOW - and fixing that hole ASAP is crucial. If they wait for the D to mature they will lose forwards to the cap etc.

However, I can imagine NO situation where MB moves Weber. He's the newly minted captain & a few weeks ago MB basically said, point blank, that Weber is the kind of guy you "hold on to."

So... what about Petry? I dont think it would be 1 for 1 (we might have to add someone like Scherbak or a prospect from Laval) but it would still be worth it. It also gives us an opportunity to keep Juulsen, who has been fantastic, in the top 4. When Weber comes back Juulsen goes to the 3rd pairing? Seems like a waste.

Reilly - Weber
Mete - Juulsen
Oulette - Benn
Toronto wont trade Nylander for Petry, it as to be Weber. Toronto need a Hedman, Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Ekholm, Parayko or Weber type dmen.

Last edited:

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Reilly - Weber
Mete - Juulsen
Oulette - Benn

If Nylander it will be the kind of trade like Johansen/Jones

forget a D-man like petry for a guy that can play center and gets 60-70points

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
who cares he has value as a center still. Clearly not Petry that will cut it.

Just like Jack Johnson will clearly get a $5-6M contract??

You talk a big game but write cheques you can’t cash. Literally. You still owe me money.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet

Reilly - Weber
Mete - Juulsen
Oulette - Benn
If we were to get Nylander i'd play him with Byron and Kotka then let Lehkonen with Domi and Drouin, more firepower well distributed trough the lineup wich can be devasteting against few opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad