Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think youre likely right tbh. It doesnt seem realistic.

The only real shift toward the hope of landing an impact player is whether MB signals a change in his philosophy of not wanting to sacrifice a major piece. We’ve seen him being gun shy and always claiming that the price to pay is too high. Its one thing if it’s too high, it’s another if he’s not willing to give to get.

Reactions: habsfan891

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The only real shift toward the hope of landing an impact player is whether MB signals a change in his philosophy of not wanting to sacrifice a major piece. We’ve seen him being gun shy and always claiming that the price to pay is too high. Its one thing if it’s too high, it’s another if he’s not willing to give to get.

I'm not basing this on anything but my impressions from what I've read, but I think he's just been gun shy. And that's a significant problem right now. He had to be agressive when the team had two of the premiere players in the league, yet he wasnt. But now that we're one injury or one year away from Weber/Price declining and falling into bottom feeder status, it's anything but time to force a window thats not there. If he goes in that direction, I hope we at least go all in and not half ass it as he did following the Drouin trade.

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
To Montreal:
Heponiemi
2nd round pick in 2020
5th round pick in 2020

To Florida:
Jeff Petry

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think now is the right time to move Petry. His value will never be higher. He doesn't fit the long term outlook imo.

The fact that fans have no idea if we should sell every vet or go all in to the extent we're seeing on this board speaks volume to the general lack of direction from this management group I find.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Brodin and Murray would be great. Not willing to part with Romanov, Brooks, Suzuki, Caufield or Poehling though for that quality of player. If we're trading them, we need to acquire an impact player.

Here is the thing. Your definition, my definition, or anyone else's definition of an impact player may differ vastly from our GM. He may land us another good "room player" instead of one who can make noise on the ice.

Jul 6, 2016
The fact that fans have no idea if we should sell every vet or go all in to the extent we're seeing on this board speaks volume to the general lack of direction from this management group I find.

What about posters not understanding how NHL teams can be managed ?

Reactions: Hacketts

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I wouldn't sell every vet. Petry seems like the right type of high value guy to capitalize on at this point in his career. His loss would be felt, but I think this team could re-tool with younger pieces and be better for it long term.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What about posters not understanding how NHL teams can be managed ?

I'm not sure what your point is here.

If you believe posters don't understand how NHL teams are managed, then your own post here invalidates itself. You wouldn't know either, so how could you judge the value of what anyone says or even comment on any of it. That would imply you did understand... Which would imply others could as well.

So, why don't we agree to drop this kind of garbage and share opinions on an opinion board.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The discussion was about tanking into that 3-10 pick range as we aren’t going to be sniffing a #1 overall without trading our whole team like Price, Domi, Gallagher etc.

I’d rather just draft well picking later than tank and pick 5th. There usually isn’t much difference between those picks anyway.
Yeah right who would want to draft Turcotte, Dach, Byram, Tkachuk, Hughes, Boqvist, Peterson, Heiskanen, Marner, Makar, Dubois, Tkachuk, Keller, Draisaitl, Jones, Monahan, Rielly, Lindholm, Scheifele, Couturier, Zibanejad, Johansen...

Totally the same

Reactions: Runner77

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah right who would want to draft Turcotte, Dach, Byram, Tkachuk, Hughes, Boqvist, Peterson, Heiskanen, Marner, Makar, Dubois, Tkachuk, Keller, Draisaitl, Jones, Monahan, Rielly, Lindholm, Scheifele, Couturier, Zibanejad, Johansen...

Totally the same
I mean he's not wrong. If you can't draft great players outside the first round you aren't going to be successful.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
While we've got a GM who doesn't understand how to manage an NHL team, uninformed posters is the least of our concerns!

We need to be in on every GM's conversations and have all NHL contracts at our fingertips, otherwise, we're all useless! Didn't you know? :laugh:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I want a top prospect+1st for Petry to even get the conversation started. Although we should trade him now, we have a shit ton of time to trade him when he has great value.

Reactions: John B and Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad