Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
How does that relate to the post I quoted?
The discussion was about tanking into that 3-10 pick range as we aren’t going to be sniffing a #1 overall without trading our whole team like Price, Domi, Gallagher etc.

I’d rather just draft well picking later than tank and pick 5th. There usually isn’t much difference between those picks anyway.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The discussion was about tanking into that 3-10 pick range as we aren’t going to be sniffing a #1 overall without trading our whole team like Price, Domi, Gallagher etc.

I’d rather just draft well picking later than tank and pick 5th. There usually isn’t much difference between those picks anyway.
You don't tank when you have rookies like Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Poehling and Fleury. It sets a bad precedent for the next seasons on them.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Uhhh what?!? No he doesn't. Vlasic is often dominant in the playoffs. Kind of like how he was dominant during the Olympics. Vlasic has his flaws, but crumbling under pressure is not one.

He was dominant. He was amazing.

Now it might be a team thing, but when they get rattled all of them look terrible

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He was dominant. He was amazing.

Now it might be a team thing, but when they get rattled all of them look terrible
He was incredibly important during both the Vegas series and Colorado series in the last playoffs. When Vlasic goes down, we lose an elite defensive player.

Reactions: Runner77

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If anybody even bothered to scroll through the replies, they'd see that Basu immediately threw cold water on it:

Several players said the same numerous times and ended up signing in Montreal after changing their minds. Weaklings take these quotes like they are part of the 10 commandments, engraved into stone, just because it suits their lousy argumentation filled with fallacies and what-not.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
If we are talking Left shooting D, in teams not having success at the moment or that should not be too good sooner than later, and if the Habs really wants to make a push for a playoff spot this year here are some names

Are any interesting ? You tell me:

Danny Dekeiser
Mike matheson
Ryan Murray
Nick Leddy
Jonas Brodin
Alec Martinez
Niklas haljmarsson

So???

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Several players said the same numerous times and ended up signing in Montreal after changing their minds. Weaklings take these quotes like they are part of the 10 commandments, engraved into stone, just because it suits their lousy argumentation filled with fallacies and what-not.

Wait, so speculation from a San Jose beat writer is fine, but speculation from a Montreal beat writer isn't?

Huh?

For that matter, if you're going to argue "[w]eaklings take these quotes like they are part of the 10 commandments, engraved into stone, just because it suits their lousy argumentation filled with fallacies and what-not" you'd better have a better argument than hearsay that is even less well supported than the one you're taking issue with.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If anybody even bothered to scroll through the replies, they'd see that Basu immediately threw cold water on it:

I had seen that (I always read user replies) but given that Kurz's tweet was in and of itself merely speculative, I thought it self-destructed on its own.

Reactions: Captain Mountain

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He was incredibly important during both the Vegas series and Colorado series in the last playoffs. When Vlasic goes down, we lose an elite defensive player.

"We"? What do you mean, "we"? I thought you were both a Habs and Sharks fan. :D

Now that you're comfortably installed on the Sharks side, please hold on to him. That contract is an albatross and we in Habsland, can ill afford another.

Reactions: habsfan891

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
If we are talking Left shooting D, in teams not having success at the moment or that should not be too good sooner than later, and if the Habs really wants to make a push for a playoff spot this year here are some names

Danny Dekeiser
Mike matheson
Ryan Murray
Nick Leddy
Jonas Brodin
Alec Martinez
Niklas haljmarsson

So???
Really only murray is interesting and thats still risky with his injury history

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Laval Rocket play by play announcer Anthony Marcotte points out just how busy Bergevin's been.
"You can be sure that Marc Bergevin is very busy in trade discussions right now. There was a lot of scoutsin Laval yesterday, same thing in Rockford Monday where Bergevin was, same scenario at the Bell Center on Tuesday. He's making a lot of noise behind the scenes."

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Laval Rocket play by play announcer Anthony Marcotte points out just how busy Bergevin's been.
"You can be sure that Marc Bergevin is very busy in trade discussions right now. There was a lot of scoutsin Laval yesterday, same thing in Rockford Monday where Bergevin was, same scenario at the Bell Center on Tuesday. He's making a lot of noise behind the scenes."
It concerns me that so many scouts are watching laval theres not very many impressive players there and the couple that are i would hate to see traded

Reactions: Rapala

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
"We"? What do you mean, "we"? I thought you were both a Habs and Sharks fan. :D

Now that you're comfortably installed on the Sharks side, please hold on to him. That contract is an albatross and we in Habsland, can ill afford another.
"We" referring to the Sharks. :laugh:

Yeah, his contract is not good. Won't hear any arguments from me on that. He's still a damn good player though.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Danny Dekeiser
Mike matheson
Ryan Murray
Nick Leddy
Jonas Brodin
Alec Martinez
Niklas haljmarsson

So???

Yes !

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

He’s basing it on observations of scout foot traffic. What added fuel to this is how Bergevin normally doesn’t attend Rocket away games.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Danny Dekeiser
Mike matheson
Ryan Murray
Nick Leddy
Jonas Brodin
Alec Martinez
Niklas haljmarsson

So???

Brodin and Murray would be great. Not willing to part with Romanov, Brooks, Suzuki, Caufield or Poehling though for that quality of player. If we're trading them, we need to acquire an impact player.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Brodin and Murray would be great. Not willing to part with Romanov, Brooks, Suzuki, Caufield or Poehling though for that quality of player. If we're trading them, we need to acquire an impact player.

I hope we’re targeting an impact player. Too many project and fringe players as it is.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I hope we’re targeting an impact player. Too many project and fringe players as it is.

So do I. But, Brodin and Murray would be as good as it gets as far as stopgaps go (though getting stopgaps at this point is a problem in itself). I'm not sure who's available on the left side. We've heard Lindholm, and he'd be great, but why would Anaheim deal him ? Actually, I dont understand why Columbus would deal Murray either, he's a great player.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do we have any rumors regarding Lindholm or Murray? Maybe it’s just fan speculation at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad