Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
FWIW, according to MOB, trade request on Drouin didn't come from Drouin but from Julien who just wants to move on from him. MB is apparently trying to accomodate Julien's request but not at just any price.

Reactions: habsfan891

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Well both Engels and Friedman reported that a GM in the eastern eastern conference mentionned he'd been offered. Call it what you want but he's available.
agreed, what is MB going to say, MB fibbed about PK too, that is what happens

send him to the peg for conner

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I like Samorukov. IIRC, he's on my ''who would you have drafted'' list. Along with Jesper Boqvist.
I think a lot are under rating him here. After the Merkley trade, he was probably the best Dman in the O. Better than Bouchard. Ignore where he was drafted.

Big, physical, great skater, great shot and crisp on the breakouts. I think he has top pairing upside.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think a lot are under rating him here. After the Merkley trade, he was probably the best Dman in the O. Better than Bouchard. Ignore where he was drafted.

Big, physical, great skater, great shot and crisp on the breakouts. I think he has top pairing upside.

If Samorukov has top paring potential, is it fair to say so does Fleury?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Nah. Samoroukov probably has better tools than Broberg but Broberg is the better skater. Oil fans are currently having a debate on who their best defender is in the trade thread. Seems like they rank Broberg 1st, Sammy 2nd and then Bouchard

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
FWIW, according to MOB, trade request on Drouin didn't come from Drouin but from Julien who just wants to move on from him. MB is apparently trying to accomodate Julien's request but not at just any price.

Oh **** so it sounds like we're selling on Drouin for real. Less leverage. Might get $0.30 on the dollar here.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Jul 6, 2016
The medias are on Drouin's case since few days now. It is going to be very difficult for him - mentally - to stay in MTL.

With the fixed nose, haircut and video sessions with Ducharme in the Summer, medias were expecting a more involved, dynamic, smarter Drouin for sure.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Apparently the Wild want a top 6 center. Can we convince them that Drouin is still a center?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh **** so it sounds like we're selling on Drouin for real. Less leverage. Might get $0.30 on the dollar here.

What was telling for me was when 3 AC guys beat Drouin like a rented mule the other night.

A common point was how Drouin didn’t fit with anyone.

Another was how Drouin always promises to do better in the future but the future never comes.

And yet another — everyone who finds out Drouin is on their line, feels like they just got penalized.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Boqvist says hello.

Id take both Sam and Fleury ahead of Bouch. None of them have top pair potential, maybe Petry like.

Nah. Samoroukov probably has better tools than Broberg but Broberg is the better skater. Oil fans are currently having a debate on who their best defender is in the trade thread. Seems like they rank Broberg 1st, Sammy 2nd and then Bouchard

Dont matter what Oils fans think. Fleury has probably mode untapped tools than 95% of prospects out there, same as Juulsen. Theyre just long shot to put it all together.

it makes sense that CJ would want Drouin gone, personally I'll be happy when both are gone.

Amen.

Hope they find a taker for Lindgren, do want want 3 goalies in Laval.

Amen x2. Were on a streak of agreeing ever since you realized Hudon was a bust :sarcasm:

I wish they moved Lindgren before his value was shot though.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Time to cash in on Tatar.

Anyone can and has looked good next to Gallagher. Put Drouin there for this year, pump up his value, and move him too at the draft.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I got a chance to watch Samoroukov at the memorial cup last year and it came right after I heard some Oilers fans talking about him. So I did watch him closely on purpose cause I wanted to see for myself. He seems to have a very solid all around game and no real weakness but top pairing potential in the NHL? I would say he has an outside chance at best but we have to remember, he is 20 so usually by this point, they are playing NHL and already in a top 4 role. Some blossom later than others but that is the exception to the rule sort of speak. I guess he is now in that transition part of development where we get to see how he looks against men in the AHL/NHL. We will see if he stands out this year. How has he done in pre-season?

I agree about the Broberg 1st, Samoroukov 2nd, and Bouchard 3rd actually. I was in a debate with Oiler fans about Brook being just as good as Bouchard and they took fits cause of where each of them was drafted and ignored draft plus development years.

Reactions: DangerDave

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Id take both Sam and Fleury ahead of Bouch. None of them have top pair potential, maybe Petry like.

I think the exact same towards these players. Top pairing potential is rare and usually they are in the NHL playing top 4D at 19/20. None of them are playing top 4D yet and will they this year? Doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->