Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
Had the weirdest dream that i woke up in the morning jumped on HF and saw that the Habs just traded Drouin,Petry and a 2nd for Laine got all exited just to actually wake up and nothing happened...

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
i smell a one for one trade coming......MB the floor is yours

Elliotte Friedman who got the drama started added to his report while appearing on WGR550.
Friedman repeated that the Canadiens are trying to move a forward and added that the relationship between the Canadiens and Drouin is "very rocky" right now. The NHL insider added that Drouin's trade value isn't very high right now but they Canadiens aren't happy at all with him him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Elliotte Friedman who got the drama started added to his report while appearing on WGR550.
Friedman repeated that the Canadiens are trying to move a forward and added that the relationship between the Canadiens and Drouin is "very rocky" right now. The NHL insider added that Drouin's trade value isn't very high right now but they Canadiens aren't happy at all with him him.

Thanks for the feedback. Friedman must have reported that from a basement somewhere, I take it.

Reactions: habsfan891

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia

Trade a player at his lowest value the MB special.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Man...I knew Jonathan Drouin would have a very short rope this year.

Just never thought it was zero regular games short.

I can already feel a groundswell buildup for the next Habs player scapegoat...

Step right up Jesperi...you're next!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What about him hes traded far more players at low value than good value.
I just find it curious...since he did trade Andrew Shaw at his highest value and was criticized for it.

But here you are, assuming he's going to trade Jonathan Drouin at his lowest value because he has a history of doing this (which i'd have to go back and look at his trades to say either way).

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I just find it curious...since he did trade Andrew Shaw at his highest value and was criticized for it.

But here you are, assuming he's going to trade Jonathan Drouin at his lowest value because he has a history of doing this (which i'd have to go back and look at his trades to say either way).
I never critizied the Shaw trade personally but I did see the complaints your talking about didn't really understand them myself Shaw is one injury away from retirement imo.

Reactions: JAPPO and 417

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Agreed but he's always going to score goals

Who ya gonna play him with? The guy needs to play with some decent 2 way players,that can also set him up. He is also demanding top line-mates and who on the Habs can give that? Domi would be the first that comes to mind for center,as for LW,would have to be Leky,no? or maybe Tatar?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

That's very innocent from you to think like that.

You expected Drouin to have a long rope after how he ended last season, after what he said this offseason AND MOSTLY how he played in preseason? He should be flying out there yet he's one of our worst player in this offseason. He put a target on his back so please don't make him a victim of us.. or even the coach. If he just played relatively decent, we wouldn't be talking about him. He played so bad that we HAD to talk about his preseason "performance".

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

The 2 that showed the least in pre-season. Drouin will stay up not matter what,but if KK shows the same,can easily be sent to Laval as the Habs can replace a center at this point that is more substantial.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When has JD trade value been high?

Well, there were other teams interested in him while he was at odds with Tampa. So highest value was probably when the Habs acquired him. I don’t know if anything good can come of it at this time.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That's very innocent from you to think like that.

You expected Drouin to have a long rope
after how he ended last season, after what he said this offseason AND MOSTLY how he played in preseason? He should be flying out there yet he's one of our worst player in this offseason. He put a target on his back so please don't make him a victim of us.. or even the coach. If he just played relatively decent, we wouldn't be talking about him. He played so bad that we HAD to talk about his preseason "performance".
I'll repeat what I wrote in the very post you quoted

"Man, I knew Jonathan Drouin would have a very short rope this year"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad