Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Dreger says on TSN1050 that WPG offered Laine 6Mx2 but Laine wants 7+ at that term. He says there are whispers that Dustin Byfuglien is done playing, but nothing's clear yet.
18:08 - 25 sept. 2019

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anythint but Brook, Suzuki, Caufield and the first.

I could probably be tempted on Caufield too.

From what we've seen in past iterations of this thread, they'd be looking for a C. So you'd consider Poehling? Danault? Domi? KK? I'm surprised some of these guys are not on your non-starter list.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I got a chance to watch Samoroukov at the memorial cup last year and it came right after I heard some Oilers fans talking about him. So I did watch him closely on purpose cause I wanted to see for myself. He seems to have a very solid all around game and no real weakness but top pairing potential in the NHL? I would say he has an outside chance at best but we have to remember, he is 20 so usually by this point, they are playing NHL and already in a top 4 role. Some blossom later than others but that is the exception to the rule sort of speak. I guess he is now in that transition part of development where we get to see how he looks against men in the AHL/NHL. We will see if he stands out this year. How has he done in pre-season?

I agree about the Broberg 1st, Samoroukov 2nd, and Bouchard 3rd actually. I was in a debate with Oiler fans about Brook being just as good as Bouchard and they took fits cause of where each of them was drafted and ignored draft plus development years.
His mem cup run was underwhelming to be honest. He didn't perform as well as he had the rest of the year. May have been because of stiffer competition or that he was a bit drained idk. Still good but not quite at the same level as he did during the playoffs where he finished 5th among all skaters for points

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Boqvist says hello.

Id take both Sam and Fleury ahead of Bouch. None of them have top pair potential, maybe Petry like.

Dont matter what Oils fans think. Fleury has probably mode untapped tools than 95% of prospects out there, same as Juulsen. Theyre just long shot to put it all together.

Amen.

Amen x2. Were on a streak of agreeing ever since you realized Hudon was a bust :sarcasm:

I wish they moved Lindgren before his value was shot though.
An argument could be made for Boqvist. He was on a better team and posted similar numbers as Samouroukov post Merkley trade. I honestly prefer Sammy's style though. It's kinda like Subban - Karlsson where Karlsson may be better overall, but Subban brings a certain element. I like Sammy's powerful game, the big shot, big hits, flashiness and craziness that ensues. Unlike Fleury though, he has put it together (not a knock on Fleury).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pardon the ignorance but who is Gallo and how reputable is he?

BMm486o.gif

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
From what we've seen in past iterations of this thread, they'd be looking for a C. So you'd consider Poehling? Danault? Domi? KK? I'm surprised some of these guys are not on your non-starter list.
Personally iď send either poehling or Danault with petry and add probably a 2020 2nd and a 2021 1st

Reactions: Mrb1p

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
:laugh: Now he's advertising a body pillow and a dog pillow as well. I don't want to know about how much fun he's having with his body pillow. :eek:

He's getting downright creepy. Even uses 30s cabaret strip music to his ads. I'm constantly having to move the dial when he's doing that stuff. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Kotkaniemi and Domi slipped past me.

The rest is a given. Petry, Drouin and Danault would be a perfect package [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: habsfan891

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
After practice, the journalists asked Jonathan Drouin about his playing right wing during camp and he looked annoyed quite frankly. The reply came; "I'm back on left wing so we can stop talking about the right wing now." He might have said the right things this summer but so far, he's failed to meet expectations on the ice and that interview shows that he's still the same old Drouin.

Reactions: calder candidate

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Kotkaniemi and Domi slipped past me.

The rest is a given. Petry, Drouin and Danault would be a perfect package[MOD]

Might be a lot of salary for them to take in.

I would take Perreault back as a cap dump if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mrb1p

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Dreger says on TSN1050 that WPG offered Laine 6Mx2 but Laine wants 7+ at that term. He says there are whispers that Dustin Byfuglien is done playing, but nothing's clear yet.
18:08 - 25 sept. 2019

This would be stupid if true, Peg has lost important guys, it's not a destination ( just like Montreal ) for players. Give him the million.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
After practice, the journalists asked Jonathan Drouin about his playing right wing during camp and he looked annoyed quite frankly. The reply came; "I'm back on left wing so we can stop talking about the right wing now." He might have said the right things this summer but so far, he's failed to meet expectations on the ice and that interview shows that he's still the same old Drouin.
Drouin career kind of reminds me of Pouliot. The way it has gone since his draft year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wonder if the Habs, Sabres, and Jets can work out a 3 way trade? Laine vs Drouin+ vs Ristolainen+

Jets Trade / Acquire:

Laine
For
Ristolainen, Brook, Sabres 2020 1st, Habs 2021 1st

Habs Trade / Acquire:
Drouin, 2021 1st, 2020 2nd, Brook, Primeau,
for
Laine

Sabres Trade / Acquire:

Ristolainen, 2020 1st
for
Drouin, Primeau, 2020 2nd

If the Sabres don't need or want a goalie like Primeau, we can work on replacing Primeau with someone like Harris, Evans, or something they would value that we have plenty of.

If the Jets don't value Brook, we can possibly look at Romanov or Struble?

Something else that could be factored in to save the Sabres some cap hit and money is a Alzner for Okposo swap. Alzner has a cheaper AAV, less money to be paid out, and one less year in term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad