Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
You really think Carolina will make a trade with the Habs after that offer sheet?
Maybe in a couple of years but not this year that's for sure.
I don't know, you have a point. Hadyn Fleury is the one that is waiver eligible anyhow. Maybe Carolina doesn't want to lose either to waivers more than take revenge on Habs?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't know, you have a point. Hadyn Fleury is the one that is waiver eligible anyhow. Maybe Carolina doesn't want to lose either to waivers more than take revenge on Habs?

How funny would it be if they sent him down on waivers and we picked him up. That would really piss off Carolina fans and ownership. Lol.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
How funny would it be if they sent him down on waivers and we picked him up. That would really piss off Carolina fans and ownership. Lol.
Yes, but strategically we couldn't send him to Laval. Kinda awkward pickup if he can't play better than Reilly or Kulak. I'd wait for him to clear if he does hit the waiver wire.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Well TB is again, working it......Shatt is now a TB....and MB is still caught in the twilight zone
A bit odd IMO.
TB technically has 9 d-men and 4 goalies on NHL contracts and only 10 forwards. 12 forwards once they find cap room to resign Point and Erne.
I suppose Witkowski can play forward...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
There is a spot on the bottom pair for him
I think Juulsen works better there for our need. Weber/Petry are fine for the RD offense. Having a guy to lower Petry/Weber PK minutes is more important than a guy that might not even make our PP 1st wave (maybe 2nd wave with him or Petry on their offside). If he was a LD he would have been a really good option with Weber.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think Juulsen works better there for our need. Weber/Petry are fine for the RD offense. Having a guy to lower Petry/Weber PK minutes is more important than a guy that might not even make our PP 1st wave (maybe 2nd wave with him or Petry on their offside). If he was a LD he would have been a really good option with Weber.
I don't know why people expect Juulsen to be NHL ready for sure. He definitely wasn't NHL ready last year and he got a horrendous injury. I guess time will tell.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Wonder what it would cost to get Cernak from Tampa? They’re rocking 9 NHL defencemen at the moment and still paying M. Carle which gives them 10 on the roster.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Wonder what it would cost to get Cernak from Tampa? They’re rocking 9 NHL defencemen at the moment and still paying M. Carle which gives them 10 on the roster.
I can't see them moving Cernak at all. He is a great player and was honestly more impressive than Sergachev every time I have seen them play.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Sign Brassard, 1yr 3.75M. -> use as trade fodder in-season to highest '20pick we can land before deadline.

Shift Domi to the wing ->both to give JKO a quality linemate & room to grow in top 6 C role.

Trade Drouin for a 1st+ at the earliest opportunity.

Start season with:

Tatar- Danault - Gallagher
Domi - JKO - Lekhonen
Drouin - Brassard - Armia
Weal - Thompson - Byron
Cousins, Hudon, Poehling, Suzuki

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen
Folin, Reilly

Price
Kinkaid

Best case...
- make PO's

- add 2x '20 1st (by moving Drouin, Brassard & possibly some of Reilly, Folin or other non-long term pieces)

- leverage picks/assets to secure a top-5 lottery spot pre-lottery if possible

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Sign Brassard, 1yr 3.75M. -> use as trade fodder in-season to highest '20pick we can land before deadline.

Shift Domi to the wing ->both to give JKO a quality linemate & room to grow in top 6 C role.

Trade Drouin for a 1st+ at the earliest opportunity.

Start season with:

Tatar- Danault - Gallagher
Domi - JKO - Lekhonen
Drouin - Brassard - Armia
Weal - Thompson - Byron
Cousins, Hudon, Poehling, Suzuki

Mete - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen
Folin, Reilly

Price
Kinkaid

Best case...
- make PO's

- add 2x '20 1st (by moving Drouin, Brassard & possibly some of Reilly, Folin or other non-long term pieces)

- leverage picks/assets to secure a top-5 lottery spot pre-lottery if possible
Why would you give an unsigned Brassard in August that much? Plus with that deal we'd have to retain salary and waste a retention slot.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Why would you give an unsigned Brassard in August that much? Plus with that deal we'd have to retain salary and waste a retention slot.

I think that's roughly what it would take to sign him, obviously the less we can offer, the better.

Being unsigned late doesn't by default mean guys like Brassard or Gardiner are going to cost nothing...

Not sure what you are referring to re. Retaining salary?

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
We're talking a lot about these 7-9 defensemen that we could acquire, because their teams risk losing them to waivers. It makes me think that we could probably just claim 1-2 of them when the time comes , for free. It would fit in with our new "if no one wants to play here, we'll just try and take them" trolling image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad