Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If Bergevin can’t manage to take advantage of other teams cap issues and pull off a trade for a top end/ impact player, he should absolutely sign a couple of players to trade at the deadline for picks and allow the kids to stay and develop in the minors. It’s obviously not going to be a year where we contend so might as well stock up for a draft that will be held in Montreal and add even more pieces for the next GM to use to actually make a deal.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If Bergevin can’t manage to take advantage of other teams cap issues and pull off a trade for a top end/ impact player, he should absolutely sign a couple of players to trade at the deadline for picks and allow the kids to stay and develop in the minors. It’s obviously not going to be a year where we contend so might as well stock up for a draft that will be held in Montreal and add even more pieces for the next GM to use to actually make a deal.

That would require managerial skills that MB hasn't shown any proficiency in for 8 years... Not realistic to imagine that he'll suddenly figure it out at this stage.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Another summer, and more players who are 35 years old plus who suddenly want to play for Montreal.

But not 5 years earlier when they could have been much more impactful.

Amazing how that works. Montreal is the has-been capital of hockey.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Bang on, MB you are a subpar GM if these teams are in cap headache, and you cant swarm in

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I don't care who you are, but if you think we should have signed Kevin freakin Shattenkirk at this point, I'm not gonna consider your opinion seriously from now on.

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
I don't care who you are, but if you think we should have signed Kevin freakin Shattenkirk at this point, I'm not gonna consider your opinion seriously from now on.

Totally agree, It's just not logical

Weber, Petry and Juulsen on the right side is locked plus Folin as the 7th and Brook, Fleury in the AHL

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Totally agree, It's just not logical

Weber, Petry and Juulsen on the right side is locked plus Folin as the 7th and Brook, Fleury in the AHL

Shattenkirk would probably have helped our horrible PP, at the very least.

From some Rangers fans account, he wasn't atrocious like some seems to portray him, he just was overpaid for what he brought.

BUT, I didn't want him anyway, so whatever.

Still, I don't see Juulsen as an immediate lock, last year, he started the season well, then struggled, then his injury happened. I hope he comes back from where he started last season, otherwise I have no qualms about him beginning in Laval, even though it would create another kind of problem, with him, Brook and Fleury all on the right side, and Lamarche being a good veteran RHD for Bouchard.

Reactions: Vachon23

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Shattenkirk would probably have helped our horrible PP, at the very least.

From some Rangers fans account, he wasn't atrocious like some seems to portray him, he just was overpaid for what he brought.

BUT, I didn't want him anyway, so whatever.

Still, I don't see Juulsen as an immediate lock, last year, he started the season well, then struggled, then his injury happened. I hope he comes back from where he started last season, otherwise I have no qualms about him beginning in Laval, even though it would create another kind of problem, with him, Brook and Fleury all on the right side, and Lamarche being a good veteran RHD for Bouchard.

Habs PP improved over the last 10-15 games,trending up. He is too much of a risk at this point to jettison another RD.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
CAN'T believe that MB's only claim to fame this off season, was a offer sheet to AHO, that's it????????????????

no plan B or C or ????

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Did people actually want Shattenkirk??

We don’t need to be in on everyone that becomes available. Bergevin needs to use money to fill the holes we have - I’d much rather we keep the 1M difference and slot Juulsen as 3Rd AND try to fill a hole elsewhere

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Our forward group is looking pretty nice for future. Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Domi, Drouin, Suzuki, Poehling and Gallagher is a nice group. The focus should be all on defense. We need a stud young defenseman.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
CAN'T believe that MB's only claim to fame this off season, was a offer sheet to AHO, that's it????????????????

no plan B or C or ????

If there were a Plan B or C, would we even know?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Our forward group is looking pretty nice for future. Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Domi, Drouin, Suzuki, Poehling and Gallagher is a nice group. The focus should be all on defense. We need a stud young defenseman.

What are the chances Domi, Gallagher and Drouin will cost around 20 millions on the Cap in 2 years?
Don't look too far ahead, you'll miss what's happening now and might never get where you think you're going.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
They have about 5 M of cap space committed on 3 players to play in Laval, about 7.7 M on salary. Just play Alzner, Weise and Peca, there is no need to sign more dead weight. With Hudon, Weal, Cousins, Thompson and McCaron fighting for a 4th line spot, that's more than enough. If Poehling, Suzuki and some other prospects do manage to shine, then you can trade away your current 4th liners for picks. Dlo brought in a 4th which was pretty unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad