Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Well, if it's Alote, how can I argue that? :laugh:

I repeat myself, but we missed the playoffs by 3 little points last season. Molson said change had to come. Our team had needs at the end of the season, and outside of a backup goalie, none have been covered!

Tried to get a LHD at the draft: Failed

Tried to get Duschene: Failed

Tried to get Aho: Failed.

Now for people that can't think for more than 15 seconds at a time, we'll fill our line-up with a world record numbers of bottom-pairing defensemens and 4th liners, and then we'll go "Oh, with what cap space will we get a top 6 player or a top 2 D??". It's either that or "Free agency doesn't end July 1st", except we've been saying the same thing for the last 4 years now.

I'm really getting tired of this club going round and round. Get stars, and develop the damn prospects that people like to brag about so much.

At this point, this is Timmins' team. It's all on him.
I dont know what any of this has to do with Shattenkirk. He would be our 4th best dman at the very worst.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Trade for Poolparty

Drouin Domi Armia
Tatar Danault Gally
Lehkonen KK Poolparty
Byron Cousins Weal
HMcCarron/Thompson

I mean it’s a terrible lineup but slightlyess terrible than one without Poolparty

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Juulsen's injury won't impact his play. He's recovered,and he's said so.

So that's what you consider a good idea? Block all possibilities of a youngster improving with the club, even though we're not a Stanley cup contender?

No thank you. Instead of wasting 1 million here, 1.5 there, 1.2 here.. Spend 5 to 7 and get an impactful left handed defensman or a winger.

ENOUGH with these depth signings. Cousins, Frolin, Reilly, Ouellet, Weise, Peca, Thompson, it never ends, and it's drying up our cap space for what we really need, impact players.

So you don't want to win in the AHL, that's just common practice. We're so used to letting the AHL contest go that we can't even play the game anymore?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
So you don't want to win in the AHL, that's just common practice. We're so used to letting the AHL contest go that we can't even play the game anymore?
If that's where they're going, I won't complain. Although that'd be one very expensive AHL squad. I don't understand what you mean with your last sentence..

I don't want to see Poehling and Juulsen in the stands because we need to play Thompson and Frolin. That's what I'm afraid of. For once I'd like to see Bergevin grow a pair and pay for top talent, then round up the line-up with prospects. It's year n.8 for him, and we still haven't had an elite top 6, year 4 without a top 2 LHD, etc.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
If that's where they're going, I won't complain. Although that'd be one very expensive AHL squad. I don't understand what you mean with your last sentence..

I don't want to see Poehling and Juulsen in the stands because we need to play Thompson and Frolin. That's what I'm afraid of. For once I'd like to see Bergevin grow a pair and pay for top talent, then round up the line-up with prospects. It's year n.8 for him, and we still haven't had an elite top 6, year 4 without a top 2 LHD, etc.
I think that it's the opposite ; Habs don't want to see Poehling or Juulsen in the stand , so they get 13th forward or 7-8th dmen to be there until there are injured players

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Trade for Poolparty

Drouin Domi Armia
Tatar Danault Gally
Lehkonen KK Poolparty
Byron Cousins Weal
HMcCarron/Thompson

I mean it’s a terrible lineup but slightlyess terrible than one without Poolparty

Tatar Domi Gally
Drouin KK Poolparty
Byron Danault Armia
Lehky Cousins Weal

Reactions: Picaroon

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I'd rather keep the player that didn't have double hip surgery.
You would rather keep a guy that is almost certainly to either play in the AHL or be lost on waivers than a recent 4th overall pick? Pulujarvi could still have a very good career ahead of him in a different situation. And it would cost a lot more than a Hudon.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
You would rather keep a guy that is almost certainly to either play in the AHL or be lost on waivers than a recent 4th overall pick? Pulujarvi could still have a very good career ahead of him in a different situation. And it would cost a lot more than a Hudon.
Based on the stuff coming out of Edmonton, Poolparty, to his own detriment, is a stubborn young man. At this point, if he can be had for a guy like Hudon, it would be a reasonable price. He in no way resembles a 4th overall pick at this time.

Jesse Puljujarvi's stubborn streak has not just been in evidence around the negotiating table: 9 Things

Reactions: Devonator

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I still have faith in his skills and overall potential but he'd really need the perfect environment to succeed. The hip thing is a pretty concerning new element to his puzzle though, it's one of the worst injuries/procedure a pro athlete can have. Athletes that start developing hip issues tend to have problems with them for the rest of their life.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Puljujarvi isn't any different, he'll be lost on waivers after you realize he's just another bust.

Edit: Yes BTW Puljujarvi is waiver eligible the same as Hudon. Draft rank doesn't matter for shit, when you're about to hit the wire.

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I still have faith in his skills and overall potential but he'd really need the perfect environment to succeed. The hip thing is a pretty concerning new element to his puzzle though, it's one of the worst injuries/procedure a pro athlete can have. Athletes that start developing hip issues tend to have problems with them for the rest of their life.

I dont think he is worth much, so it would definitely be worth taking a chance on him.

Playing on a young team with a lot finnish players and on the 3rd line with kotkaniemi would be an ideal environment for him.

Reactions: FF de Mars

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

You won't see prime prospects taking a step back to depth, IF they can surpass that depth in the AHL (where this exercise should be done, not in the NHL). Its been how long since we made the playoffs in the AHL?

Both Poehling and Juulsen are in our best athletes already, they will play plenty. Shaw's trade is basically Bergevin giving a spot to Poehling, it can't be much of anything else. (The 3 goal performance probably played a role...)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I'd target Jake Bean with Hudon, not Pulj. That would be a better fit for a gamble.

You really think Carolina will make a trade with the Habs after that offer sheet?
Maybe in a couple of years but not this year that's for sure.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Based on the stuff coming out of Edmonton, Poolparty, to his own detriment, is a stubborn young man. At this point, if he can be had for a guy like Hudon, it would be a reasonable price. He in no way resembles a 4th overall pick at this time.

Jesse Puljujarvi's stubborn streak has not just been in evidence around the negotiating table: 9 Things
From that article...

3. In most cases, the Oilers organization is comfortable with the depth they have built to cultivate competition. The one possible exemption: At Center. UFA Derick Brassard remains unsigned. And it’s August. The Oilers have some interest in him as a potential 3C. Problem is, Brassard’s camp has been asking for far in excess ($4m) of what the Oilers are willing to pay. Then again…no one else has stepped up, yet, either. Although I hear Montreal has some interest.

$4 million for Brassard? Guess that's why he unsigned. Still a bunch of unsigned ufas, some will have to settle for ptos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad