Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistaWa16

Sep 6, 2007
Montreal
Agreed... Send Petry over for another top 15 pick, rebuild from here. Imagine the influx of talent with two top 15 pick this year, 3rd OA last year, Brook, Poehling and Romanov ?
This isnt trade deadline, nobody will give a 1st rounder for him at this time of the year. And who would take petry s spot on our 2nd pairing?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I didn't see Gally27 in the AHL did you?
No, but he was still apparently mis-used here and was an awesome junior player, that's the point. I don't care about their junior careers after 3 years in the NHL. If the coach can't play him he won't play (like Alex). I don't even think he can be guaranteed a spot in the NHL with Julien who has much better options for the top-6, so why give up anything for a waiver eligible Pulju? If he starts in the AHL (after clearing waivers), I don't mind the trade.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
No, but he was still apparently mis-used here and was an awesome junior player, that's the point. I don't care about their junior careers after 3 years in the NHL. If the coach can't play him he won't play (like Alex). I don't even think he can be guaranteed a spot in the NHL with Julien who has much better options for the top-6, so why give up anything for a waiver eligible Pulju? If he starts in the AHL (after clearing waivers), I don't mind the trade.

I wont get into if Gally27 was misused or off ice was a problem etc... but we turned Gally into Domi....
and Gally27 never seen 1 game of Ahl.
That was a successful draft , in a year that was weak .

Yes, i do think JP explodes in Montreal, and if we can keep Peca on the roster all year..we can keep Jessie on the roster all year too..(no more AHL)

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You don't think Lehkonen is and will be a more complete player than Puljujarvi? Is raising a a third rounder to a 2nd pick enough to cover the difference? Puljujarvi was not just mishandled, he has a lot of bust risk written all over him.
Good question....I believe Lehkonen is redundant, I think he’s due a nice raise, and yes, JP was mishandled, but I think it’s worth the risk, and we trading a mid 3rd for an early 2nd.

No guarantees, but I’d roll the dice on that 6’3 forward who’s got talent, talent that I believe could be harnessed into an effective player.

Just my 3 cents

Reactions: Runner77

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’d give a 2nd for Poolparty but then again, that’s what you can get Kapanen for if you offer-sheet either.

Question becomes, which do we want?

Last edited:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I wont get into if Gally27 was misused or off ice was a problem etc... but we turned Gally into Domi....
and Gally27 never seen 1 game of Ahl.
That was a successful draft , in a year that was weak .

Yes, i do think JP explodes in Montreal, and if we can keep Peca on the roster all year..we can keep Jessie on the roster all year too..(no more AHL)
Not a strong sales pitch, but you're entitled to any amount of opinions. It's just not a strong fit enough for me. I'd rather play our ~50+ pts players ahead of him and I doubt he does much exploding if he's just relegated to a 13th role player.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The HF perpetual rebuild. Just keep trading players until you only have a team of under 21s. Trade them after their ELCs for other young players. Everyone that prefers the mystery box instead of the actual good asset.

That's dramatically overstating it though. 12 months ago we were coming off the 2nd worst season a Habs team has had since they started playing more then 50 games a year. In the last 5 years we have made the playoffs just twice, gotten past the 1st round just once. Clearly things have not gone well, lots of problems drafting, developing, asset management have plagued us over the years.

No sane person wants a team full of under 21 year olds, but if people would be willing to look at it logically, we are stuck in the middle. We likely aren't contenders with the holes we have on the blueline and other areas but we have one of the better farm systems and hopefully a new direction for both scouting and developing.

In the end the only thing that matters is not what fans on a message board want, but what the GM does. Anyone should at least understand why some just don't trust MB, Molson, CJ, but on the other hand they clearly improved over last years disaster of a season and have clearly made changes that so far look to be much better/smarter moves that could pay long term dividends.

There's no harm in fans wanting to trade a few guys who some feel are at peak value like Petry, Shaw. Doesn't mean they need to trade Price, Weber, Gallagher, Tatar, Armia, as well but if you feel this team won't be able to contend with the likes of TB, boston and are likely more to be a wild card team next year, why not at least consider taking a hit for the short term that will help us out in the long term.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
For Leddy If we want him I think it will pass by a 3 way deal. Something like

To NYI: Jason Zucker
To MTL: Nick Leddy
To MIN: ?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
This(type of skill) just didn't vanish...the Oilers misued him yes...he played a lot with Lucic ...they screwed his confidence up big..he got down bounced around .. and wants out...

Notice JP blasting on the point...Tsn says Oilers never used him like this at all... can't understand why...That's called not using a player to his strengths....

Tsn also said Oilers never used him on penalty kill..questioning why...

Yeah maybe we'll see it again if we send him to the junior Finnish league.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Anaheim is desperately trying to unload Corey Perry and his albatross contract of two more years at $8.625 million per. What about Hudon for Perry (no salary retention), one of their top 5 prospects (preferably Steele. Lunderstrom or Larsson) and Mahura.

I still think Perry has something left in the tank and might have a nice rebound season. If not, we simply accept it as a sunk cost to acquire a young dmen and add to our stable of prospects and picks.

Reactions: bsl

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Anaheim is desperately trying to unload Corey Perry and his albatross contract of two more years at $8.625 million per. What about Hudon for Perry (no salary retention), one of their top 5 prospects (preferably Steele. Lunderstrom or Larsson) and Mahura.

I still think Perry has something left in the tank and might have a nice rebound season. If not, we simply accept it as a sunk cost to acquire a young dmen and add to our stable of prospects and picks.

You forgot something important, Perry have a NMC

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

He's done, his skating was never good and he's coming off a knee injury. Pass.

Reactions: CapSpace

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I like Lehkonen but I would be fine with a straight swap for Puljuarvi.

A winger with his size and potential is worth the risk. We know Lehkonen is a serviceable winger, we need top line potential for the wing

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I like Lehkonen but I would be fine with a straight swap for Puljuarvi.

A winger with his size and potential is worth the risk. We know Lehkonen is a serviceable winger, we need top line potential for the wing

Same here ! I would take the gamble

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal

Perry is a 8.625M$ until 2021 dead horse. Taking him with whatever sweeten the deal is still like shooting ourselves in both feet.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
The HF perpetual rebuild. Just keep trading players until you only have a team of under 21s. Trade them after their ELCs for other young players. Everyone that prefers the mystery box instead of the actual good asset.

There has never been a rebuild to start from, the rebuilders are only asking for a different strategy; because what Bergevin is doing doesn't work. To make something work you need to commit to it, Bergevin is out of sync, he's convinced the playoffs are a different beast, he doesn't trust talent because it's volatile, he believes in character, he's convinced you reach the SCF through the random lottery of destiny. Instead of depending on Price the saviour I wish he'd make things happen for himself and his team by building it properly. Bergevin didn't even have one single puck moving defenseman in his roster last year because of his innacurate blinding traditional beliefs.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

1.3M for Mason
4.6M for Alzner
2.3M for Weise
1.2M for Peca

We're already throwing 9,2M in the toilet….you want to take on another 8.25M?
With that 17.5M i would build you a contender instead.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
1.3M for Mason
4.6M for Alzner
2.3M for Weise
1.2M for Peca

We're already throwing 9,2M in the toilet….you want to take on another 8.25M?
With that 17.5M i would build you a contender instead.
The Habs will bury Alzner and Weise in the minors with their cap only 925k counting against the cap for each. The Habs technically will have 15-16mill in cap space.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad