Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
The Habs will bury Alzner and Weise in the minors with their cap only 925k counting against the cap for each. The Habs technically will have 15-16mill in cap space.

No, you only get 925k cap relief for sending both down to the minors. Alzner cap hit in the minors = 4.625 - 0.925 = 3.7

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The Habs will bury Alzner and Weise in the minors with their cap only 925k counting against the cap for each. The Habs technically will have 15-16mill in cap space.

It's the other way around….only 925K is taken off their cap space and the rest count on the Cap.
Alzner in the minor still cost 3.5M on the cap.

Reactions: tazsub3

HabsGurl25

Jan 25, 2019
What would it take to get Laine? I just read a post on Instagram about fansided saying Montreal would be a team with the best fit. And indicated Drouin would be a piece to play with Ehlers again.

Reactions: CapSpace

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How much you can bury in the AHL goes up each year. Next season anyone making 1.075M can go to the AHL and not count against the cap, anything above that counts.

So,

Alzner - 3.55 counts against the cap
Weise - 1.275 counts against the cap
Peca - 225K counts against the cap

Shaw + 15th + 50
puljujarvi + 8th

I wouldn't do it, drop the 50th OA and then I think it's more fair since Shaw is coming off a career year and is in his prime. Puljujarvi is a big gamble, his numbers are brutal, so it would come down to how badly Timmins and his staff wanted him, if they thought it was worth the risk or not. I haven't seen much of him at all to really say how fair it is but you have someone that has all but requested a trade, a new GM who's likely not going to care about former picks and want to focus on his own, to me there just isn't much leverage for the oilers so I wouldn't pay a lot for such a big risk.

If we sucked and didn't have a strong farm system then I would say we need to do deals like this but now while it could pay off huge, we don't need to take such a gamble as you don't want another Yakupov and I don't trust the oilers scouts at all but he did kill it at the WJC"s at 17.

What would it take to get Laine? I just read a post on Instagram about fansided saying Montreal would be a team with the best fit. And indicated Drouin would be a piece to play with Ehlers again.

he would have to demand a trade to us imo, cause if not it would cost an arm and a leg I would think even with his down year. Granted I don't follow the jets but you are talking about a guy that has scored a ton of goals at 18/19 and 20.

Reactions: Captain Mountain

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Drouin for Leddy makes sense. Equal salaries - Leddy has a tough season but I think he’s perfect to pair with Shea. The move would be even better if the Habs can sign Duchene and shift Domi to LW.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Drouin for Leddy makes sense. Equal salaries - Leddy has a tough season but I think he’s perfect to pair with Shea. The move would be even better if the Habs can sign Duchene and shift Domi to LW.

I’d do that even if Duchene isn’t incoming.

Reactions: bsl

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I can't help but think about what could have happened if we picked up ROR AND Stone. Poehling+2nd+Shaw+Byron for ROR. Suzuki+2nd+2nd for Stone.

Domi-ROR-Stone
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Drouin-Danault-Armia
Thompson-Weal-Lehkonen

That is one sexy forward core, and the most important pieces we gave up were Suzuki, Poehling, 3 2nds.

Oh well.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Have the entire management staff in Winnipeg on very strong LSD?

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
9th Overall and Perry for 15th Overall, 46th Overall, and Alzner.

From our perspective, we take on significant cap, but get out of our Alzner commitment a year earlier which coincides well with when we will need to resign RFA's JK, RP, and UFA's Gallagher, Petry, Tatar, and Danault. Hard to say if last season's Perry is what he is, but if he can rebound to be a 15-20 goal guy, and 50 points than a 3rd line of say Byron - KK - Perry could be pretty decent.

Ducks take on an extra year, but reduce their cap significantly over the next two while saving about 5 million real dollars.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
If that is an option, you go all in for it, been ages we have not had such a natural scorer.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Only 925,000 comes off the cap the remaining contract counts against the cap.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Tampa with all their upcoming RFA's they will be for sure trading either Miller or Gourde both players NTC kicks in on July 1st,every other player they might want to move has a full NTC or NMC except Callahan who has a modified no one is taking him.....Tampa needs D.....Juulsen for either Gourde or Miller.

Reactions: bsl

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tampa with all their upcoming RFA's they will be for sure trading either Miller or Gourde both players NTC kicks in on July 1st,every other player they might want to move has a full NTC or NMC except Callahan who has a modified no one is taking him.....Tampa needs D.....Juulsen for either Gourde or Miller.

Why would we trade any part of our youth for more top 9 forwards when we are already cluttered in that area with more youth coming? Also, Who's playing 3rd pairing on RD next year if we trade Juulsen?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Its pretty sad when the fans have better ideas than the GM. For the love of god can't we get a competent GM to take this team and build it?

Reactions: Runner77

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
How much you can bury in the AHL goes up each year. Next season anyone making 1.075M can go to the AHL and not count against the cap, anything above that counts.

So,

Alzner - 3.55 counts against the cap
Weise - 1.275 counts against the cap
Peca - 225K counts against the cap

I wouldn't do it, drop the 50th OA and then I think it's more fair since Shaw is coming off a career year and is in his prime. Puljujarvi is a big gamble, his numbers are brutal, so it would come down to how badly Timmins and his staff wanted him, if they thought it was worth the risk or not. I haven't seen much of him at all to really say how fair it is but you have someone that has all but requested a trade, a new GM who's likely not going to care about former picks and want to focus on his own, to me there just isn't much leverage for the oilers so I wouldn't pay a lot for such a big risk.

If we sucked and didn't have a strong farm system then I would say we need to do deals like this but now while it could pay off huge, we don't need to take such a gamble as you don't want another Yakupov and I don't trust the oilers scouts at all but he did kill it at the WJC"s at 17.

he would have to demand a trade to us imo, cause if not it would cost an arm and a leg I would think even with his down year. Granted I don't follow the jets but you are talking about a guy that has scored a ton of goals at 18/19 and 20.

Is there a limit to the number of players that can be buried? For some reason I recall that only 2 one-way contracts could be discounted off the cap if sent to the minors. So we could send down all three, but only get a discount of up to $1,075,000 (x2). Perhaps that has changed or I am mis-remembering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad