Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by Frozenice, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Registered User

Glass and Suzuki from Vegas would be ... :5:

Like who wouldn't we trade for that!?

2. Runner77

Runner77 **********************************************

We have a precedent to work with. Maybe GMGM goes back to the well. Check that, the well is on GMGM's side, our guy needs to raid it.

3. Miller Time

Miller Time Registered User

Swapping Petry for Barrie in our lineup seems somewhat pointless unless we'd get more from trading Petry than it would cost to get Barrie...

We'd also be losing a year of a very good cap value and getting a 2020 UFA looking at a massive raise.

Don't really see how any of that makes sense

4. dackelljuneaubulis02

dackelljuneaubulis02 Registered User

unless you could flip him again lol

Halakitlikethat likes this.
  5. Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels Registered User

Good points.

But Petry is a UFA in two years. He would command a raise, too. Barrie is also 3-4 years younger and has produced more.

But you are right, it depends what Habs need to give up for Barrie and what they can get for Petry.

6. calder candidate

calder candidate Registered User

Analyste
    Home Page:
    No one is getting Glass in a cap dump Stastny or anyone else in Vegas don’t hold that much negative value...

7. TooLegitToQuit

TooLegitToQuit Loyal Habs Fan

Civil Engineering
    If the Avs are looking for a NHL ready center (or closer to NHL ready than this draft), I would consider Poehling for Byram if he is still on the board at 4. I'd consider adding on Poehling but nothing substantial. This is the only way I would consider trading our Grade A prospects who are trending very well.

Some laugh at this cause they have Byram as a for sure stud with no risks of disappointment. I like Byram a lot but lets not pretend that he becomes a top pairing stud for sure. It don't work that way. With Poehling, you get the advantage of seeing the most important thing with a prospect... development at 18, 19, 20. You don't have this advantage on any player that gets drafted in the next draft.

Jpageman likes this.
  8. Runner77

Runner77 **********************************************

Of course not. Tongue in cheek. Hence the smiley.

9. TooLegitToQuit

Civil Engineering
    This is how I see this...

Petry for Barrie is mistake cause we are looking at offense only and ignoring overall game at both ends of the ice. Habs can't afford to load our team with sub 6'-0" players who are not strong physically. We can have a few but we already have too much.

Go look at the last two cup winners and tell me how many players they had below 6'-0". Skating and Skill don't trump Skating and Skill and physically strong big players. There will be more smaller players that make the NHL due to how the game is played today but don't double down on that. Each team can only have a few of them and you might do very well in the regular season but when you get in a 7 game playoff war, you will lose. Are you trying to build a roster that looks good in the regular season and puts people in the seats or are you trying to win a cup?

Barrie has a corsi of 58.7 but starts on the offensive zone 72% of the time. How does Barrie look compared to the entire Avs D? There is a reason why they might trade him and think about what that reason is? Playing D in the NHL is not just about offensive ability. If you have a player like Barrie, you need to have a complentary piece for him to play with. Kind of like Mete/Weber. Do I want both Mete and Barrie on our D? No. Mete is enough

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  10. jaffy27

jaffy27 From Russia wth Pain

Airline Pilot
    Never!!......no way in hell am I doing this.

15th+ Ylonen+Brook.....and if it’s no, then I’m good with that.

Runner77 likes this.
  11. danyhabsfan

danyhabsfan Registered User

Hague would be more realistic than Glass. Even Gusev.

Clarksson Hague/Gusev for whatever

12. le_sean

le_sean Registered User

If they get rid of Hague now then McPhee really is the worst GM in the league.

13. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Registered User

Problem is I don't think we have a chip they want, that we'd give up that gets us Glass.

14. montreal

montreal Go Habs Go

I really don't think they would accept that. Would love it though, would then call NYR and see what it would cost to go from 4 to 2. Would likely cost a good bit but man would it be sick if MB pulled it off.

I don't see them giving up Gusev.

that's even worse imo, Brook has more value imo.

Vachon23 likes this.
  15. jaffy27

jaffy27 From Russia wth Pain

Airline Pilot
    So you think Brook for 4thOVA gets it done?

It’s gotta be at least Brook+15th pick no?

16. montreal

montreal Go Habs Go

no, I mean from a Habs stand point, I wouldn't want to give up Poehling but no way would I trade Brook. If the right offer came along for Poehling then so be it but Brook just has too much upside to risk moving him unless it's a major overpay.

If I'm the Avs, I assume they want to win now so if I'm them, no way am I trading down 9 spots for future assets.

Vachon23 and jaffy27 like this.
  17. habsfan891

habsfan891 Registered User

With the cap rumored to be under 82m Vegas is in a hilariously bad spot should be easy to take advantage of them in a cap dump trade

sampollock likes this.
  18. BaseballCoach

BaseballCoach Registered User

Brook was not even able to score three goals in all 7 pro games he played, and none were against NHL competition. But to be fair, he has inifinitely more assists in the pros than the selfish Poehling.

19. TooLegitToQuit

Civil Engineering
    Barrie is a liability in his own end. We can only tolerate so many players under 6'-0". If you don't believe me, go count the players under 6'-0" on the past two cup contenders. Skill and Skating < Skill and Skating but physically big and strong.

A D man's ability to clear the front of the net and neutrize forwards along the boards is just as important as puck moving ability and providing offense.

We have Mete and it's enough of the smaller type guys on the back end. Barrie is a career -59 (484 games) and Petry is a career -106 (609 games) but the major difference is zone starts. Barrie starts on the offensive end 72% of the time and Petry is 53%.

You start Barrie closer to the 50/50 ratio on zone starts and you might not like it

20. M1b3S

M1b3S Registered User

isn't barrie a RD playing the left side ? I don't want to trade Petry if we get Barrie.
    Our top 4 would finally be legit

Barrie/Weber
    Mete/Petry

21. TooLegitToQuit

Civil Engineering
    Report from Brooks that say the Rangers are more likely to be open to trading Kreider. What would you give the Rangers for him if he is willing to sign an extension with us?

Wonder if they would have any interest in Primeau++? Primeau is from NY area and they might bite.

22. habsfan891

habsfan891 Registered User

Why trade our best goaltending prospect when we could make much better offers that don't hurt us so much in the long run

23. Vachon23

Vachon23 Registered User

Goalies doesn't have alote of value until they are in the NHL. It’s a position to hard to predict

24. TooLegitToQuit

Civil Engineering
    Of all our grade A and fringe grade A prospects, Primeau is the guy I would trade if we get fair value for him. Price is around for 7 more years and we don't have to worry about him until 36/37 IMO. We would have 5 years to draft another goalie.

If not Primeau, I'm open to options. Kreider is the perfect piece to fit in our group IMO. Speedy big guy with strength that can score.

Also, Remember I'm not going to trade futures for a rental. It has to be a sign and trade

habsfan891 likes this.
  25. TooLegitToQuit

Civil Engineering
    I don't need the goalie value lecture. Primeau ++. If you don't like Primeau being involved cause you either value him too much and want to keep him or you feel he don't have trade value for other teams, show me your offer man.

People use the goalies are not worth much card too much in general terms. Primeau is a fringe grade A talent and no, not many teams have this type. There are many goalies out there but if you made a list, Primeau is in the top 10 or top 20 in terms of prospects 20 or under. When you have this type, you have it. When you don't, you need it. The real question is do the Rangers have it?

Lets not make this a side debate about a goalie. My first offer was Primeau ++. Don't pretend or asume that the ++ is spare parts. This about what it takes to get Krieder. If he wants to sign an extension to come to Montreal, I'm going to make it happen one way or another

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.