Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs should test water regarding James Neal and TJ Brodie in Calgary.

I am not sure the Flames are happy with Neal (and vice versa) + they have tons of better LW. Brodie will be UFA next season and could be the ideal partner for Weber right now.
Hasn't it been said a few times already that despite being a left shot he's bad on the left and plays right d

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Because Colorado isn’t giving up the 4th overall pick for a 3rd liner like Byron. That should be abundantly clear.

Byron is a middle 6 winger talent that can play both wings but I agree, the Avs are not going to trade the 4th overall for a talent like Byron or any additions you can spare on top of him.

Avs are looking for a 2nd line center. We would have to trade Poehling IMO.

- Poehling for Byram
- We draft Newhook with the 15th
- Draft Dorofeyev with one of our 2nd's

Last edited:
Reactions: Jpageman

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
However, I am aware of some of the issues they would face but I believe the ELC performance bonues would be at play with the accumulated space. Right now though, cap friendly has their next season at $0 for performance bonus so it might be a bit easier to work around.

ELC performance bonuses are kind of unique in that should a team have the space available, they are applied to the seasons cap in which they were earned. If they have don't have enough room, the bonus gets applied to the following seasons caphit.

Being a cap team with LTIR means that Vegas would have no cap space available at the end of the season, therefore any potential ELC Bonuses earned this coming season would need to be applied to the 2020-21 seasons cap.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
ELC performance bonuses are kind of unique in that should a team have the space available, they are applied to the seasons cap in which they were earned. If they have don't have enough room, the bonus gets applied to the following seasons caphit.

Being a cap team with LTIR means that Vegas would have no cap space available at the end of the season, therefore any potential ELC Bonuses earned this coming season would need to be applied to the 2020-21 seasons cap.

I didn't know this. Thanks for posting this info

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Why??

This site sometimes pisses me off with these unsupported replies by some...

Sometimes the proposal is so terrible theres no point in trying to explain. And yours is even worse than that.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Hello again -- Pens fan here. There's rumors that Jim Rutherford is listening to offers on Letang. I'm assuming he'd be looking for another right handed defenseman in the trade. Would you trade Petry or Weber for Letang?

My preference is to keep Letang, but I'm a bit bored at work so I'd like to hear from some Habs fans.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Hello again -- Pens fan here. There's rumors that Jim Rutherford is listening to offers on Letang. I'm assuming he'd be looking for another right handed defenseman in the trade. Would you trade Petry or Weber for Letang?

My preference is to keep Letang, but I'm a bit bored at work so I'd like to hear from some Habs fans.
I would be interested in a trade based around Petry and Letang.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Don’t feel like going back pages to read in case it was discussed but would you do 4.1m per year for 5 years offer sheet for Kapanen? Would only have to give a 2nd rd pick I believe.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Don’t feel like going back pages to read in case it was discussed but would you do 4.1m per year for 5 years offer sheet for Kapanen? Would only have to give a 2nd rd pick I believe.

I would do this in a heartbeat.
It's not like Toronto can match it with their Marner's problem, 2nd round pick is a joke for Kapenen and it's not like Toronto was a good trading partner anyway. Last team they'll consider trading with is the Habs.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Would anyone do:

Mtl:
Byron
Ylonen
15th Oa

Oilers:
Klefbom
Puljujarvi
Unprotect 1st rounder 2020

Personaly think Byrons speed would mesh amazingly with Mcdavid

swapping of 1st round picks seems pointless here. has this ever happened to grease the wheels of a trade?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Byron is a middle 6 winger talent that can play both wings but I agree, the Avs are not going to trade the 4th overall for a talent like Byron or any additions you can spare on top of him.

Avs are looking for a 2nd line center. We would have to trade Poehling IMO.

- Poehling for Byram
- We draft Newhook with the 15th
- Draft Dorofeyev with one of our 2nd's

*Poehling + 15oa vs 4oa

And I’m not sure Colorado accept...

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I already proposed a Byron+ offer and their fan base don't like it. I agree about how Tatar fits with our team but that's the player it might take to get Leddy.

Well, we don’t know what Isles management thinks.

With Byron, what you see is what you get. With Tatar, do you get the Habs version of the Vegas version?

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
It is a waste of time to even bring up the possibility of players like Poehling getting traded. You don’t trade a prospect of his caliber. Same thing goes for Suzuki. These guys will be huge parts of the team soon.

Reactions: sampollock

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
To MTL: Kris Letang - he's the better player offensively and defensively, so that's why we do it.
To PIT: Jeff Petry - similar production offensively, less cap hit and signed a year longer, frees up space for PIT this season and a year sooner.

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
To MTL: Kris Letang - he's the better player offensively and defensively, so that's why we do it.
To PIT: Jeff Petry - similar production offensively, less cap hit and signed a year longer, frees up space for PIT this season and a year sooner.

Not a good fit for us right now. They don't need Petry. Probably want someone who can play D right now and younger plus prospects.

Would love him on the team though..

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
What is with people on this board wanting to dump Petry for just about any random player at any random position?! Need LW, add Petry to the offer. Need LD, add Petry to the offer. Need a new Zamboni driver, trade Petry for one.

The guy held down the fort when the man mountain was out and he did an admirable job, he's solid defensively, signed to a reasonable contract and if we trade him we have to find a replacement because we're not exactly deep on RD, it's really a crapshoot after him and Weber. And if we trade him for a left handed D to play with Weber, our 2nd pairing would suck massively. Just imagine a Mete - Folin line, night after night.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Chris Johnston on SN960 says based on his knowledge and his gut feel that Vegas will trade one of Pacioretty or Stastny in the next few days to clear cap space.

Maxpac for a 2nd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad