Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
**** Max. Look at the team’s turnaround after offloading him. His attitude and poor on ice effort was contagious to the Habs. He can go somewhere else and sulk.

Ditto. Used to be a huge Pacioretty defender. But the 2017 playoffs made me turn 180. He's got "loser" engraved in his bones.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
There's one player that i would take Marchand over...and that is Pacioretty. That's how bad i dislike Patches.

Pure definition of a floater. Emotionally unstable, cracks under pressure and quasi uni dimensional save some sound play wihout the puck.

Forget about what my opinion is for a second though. There is no chance MB trades for him, when they could have resigned him for no assets, refused to sign him to his current salary, and flat out shipped him out of town after being drafted by us and wearing the C.

Hard pass. Wouldnt take him for free.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Chris Johnston on SN960 says based on his knowledge and his gut feel that Vegas will trade one of Pacioretty or Stastny in the next few days to clear cap space.

Maxpac for a 2nd ?

Max for a 2nd rd pick and a stick autographed by Tatar?

Reactions: Locks

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Letang is old and getting worse fast I don't care if he's available I hope Montreal stays far away.

I love these kind of posts
Just to let you know, he is far from done and is coming off his 2nd best season stats wise since being in the league
If Letang is old and getting worse, just curious but how do you feel about Weber?

Reactions: Edgy

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It is a waste of time to even bring up the possibility of players like Poehling getting traded. You don’t trade a prospect of his caliber. Same thing goes for Suzuki. These guys will be huge parts of the team soon.

Sure, but with JKO, Suzuki & Poehling (I'd add Mete, Juulsen, Brook, Romanov to that list) 3-5yrs away from entering their prime years, what does the team do in the interim?

Are you contract with icing a bubble playoff team for 3 more years?

And if that's the case, then we should be dumping guys like Tatar, Byron, Shaw, Weber & Petry now, to maximize the return and further build up the depth of young talent.

Our middle road approach remains idiotic, and only assures us to remain mediocre without any shot at securing the 1-2 generational type talents that should be our reward for long stretches of zero playoff success.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Sure, but with JKO, Suzuki & Poehling (I'd add Mete, Juulsen, Brook, Romanov to that list) 3-5yrs away from entering their prime years, what does the team do in the interim?

Are you contract with icing a bubble playoff team for 3 more years?

And if that's the case, then we should be dumping guys like Tatar, Byron, Shaw, Weber & Petry now, to maximize the return and further build up the depth of young talent.

Our middle road approach remains idiotic, and only assures us to remain mediocre without any shot at securing the 1-2 generational type talents that should be our reward for long stretches of zero playoff success.
not against trading anyone, but.....better get a high end stud back.......prospects are hard to find

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
**** Max. Look at the team’s turnaround after offloading him. His attitude and poor on ice effort was contagious to the Habs. He can go somewhere else and sulk.
if maxy boy was sooooooooooooo good, why move him after you give the farm for him and sign him.....

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Use our cap space to take Clarkson for Vegas 3rd and our 5th back this year. Take another played under 5 mil who's sign for 2 years or less for prospects or picks.

Reactions: sampollock

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
swapping of 1st round picks seems pointless here. has this ever happened to grease the wheels of a trade?
More of a, I think they'll still notnmake the playoffs and I want a shot at a high pick for next years draft.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
not against trading anyone, but.....better get a high end stud back.......prospects are hard to find

Agree... Though I think the opportunity is to load up on first round picks (still shocking that MB has been utterly incapable of adding first round picks in 8 summers as a GM of a team that has had so little playoff success in that span) and poaching some former top-10 talent that is still young but hasn't lived up to expectations...

Guys like Sam Bennett, Puljujarvi, Ritchie, Virtanen, Juolevi, Fleury, Morin are likely available, young enough to not be total write-offs as far as top-6/top-4 potential, and would be great candidates to be given ample opportunity for larger roles on a fully rebuilding team with roster holes (which we'd be if moving guys like Tatar & Shaw)...

Roll the dice on a few of those while loading up on first round picks, and we'd set ourselves up well to have talent and depth to build a contender around our existing stable of young talent & prospects.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well, we don’t know what Isles management thinks.

With Byron, what you see is what you get. With Tatar, do you get the Habs version of the Vegas version?

Oh, I agree with you 100%! I do think Byron has a lot of value and if you add a 2nd on top of him, it's a solid proven piece and future. Is it enough to get Leddy? :dunno:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
*Poehling + 15oa vs 4oa

And I’m not sure Colorado accept...

I don't think Turcotte or Byram are worth substantially more than Poehling at this stage. Heck, Poehling has close value to Kotkaniemi who was just drafted 3rd OA but with draft +1. Don't underestimate the advantage of getting to see development years cause it's the most important years for a prospect... age 18, 19, 20. There are lots of kids who look good at 17 but fail to develop like Poehling has and this includes top 10 picks.

I'm looking at it the other way around... I'm not even sure I do Poehling for Byram. Byram looks like a stud and I'm very much interested in him but do I think he develops like Poehling in his draft +1 and +2? It's very possible cause there is lots to like but it's not a guarantee.

The idea here is the Avs are looking for a center and whoever they pick in this next draft will take a few years to be NHL ready like Poehling is today. Poehling comes with risks to but it's a bit less risky cause you have draft +1 and +2 of hindsight evaluation.

Adding the 15th on top on Poehling and they still say no? I don't care and the 15th would not be on the table. No way in hell.

If they say no to Poehling for the 4th (if Byram is still on the board), my feelings are not hurt

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If the Isles actually want to trade their 1st for a top 9 forward, Bergevin would be incredibly stupid not to do that. Also, with the cap likely being at 81.5, we NEED to take advantage of that.

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad