Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I would add a backup goalie as one of the reasons and main priority during offseason. I think if we just replace, or re-sign Benn, then it's not the end of the world as far as defense is concerned. Would be great if we can improve it, but I'd be prudent about it.

I agree the Niemi faltered more than desired,but yet the Haas were shy a decent PP. I have no problem with Benn in his role ans place. But think he will get bigger bucks elsewhere. People are screaming Habs have so much cap space,but after signing Lekonen and Armia and getting a backup to Price,not a ton left. Would prefer to make a deal that get an overpriced UFA.

Reactions: Archijerej

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I asked the Rangers what their team needs are if they trade Krieder and we are able to do a sign and trade. I expected a futures package but you Drouin haters will like this... Drouin's name was mentioned. Just one Rangers fan who said this though.

Lets say this picks up traction and Krieder is willing to sign but for $7M. I'd be asking for some form of additions to address the extra AAV and age difference. Some of you would call me crazy but don't think I'm doing this straight up

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Will never happen, but i would love to get Kadri somehow. Would Mete, Lehkonen and one of our high second round pick even be a starting point?

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Ghost should cost a lot but we have all seen the decicisions that have been happening in PHI lol

Shaw + for Ghost keeps getting suggested by people

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd rather have Ghost than doing nothing (depending on the cost obviously). I'd rather do nothing than trade for Leddy.

Leddy sucks.

This guy sucks, that guy is too expensive.

That’s what happens when a team is scrambling for shortcuts.

They knew long ago that Markov was on his last miles. But no, they couldn’t plan for a successor and hold on to him. Who needs a plan, right?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This guy sucks, that guy is too expensive.

That’s what happens when a team is scrambling for shortcuts.

They knew long ago that Markov was on his last miles. But no, they couldn’t plan for a successor and hold on to him. Who needs a plan, right?

That's why I absolutely hated how they handled Markov and the Drouin trade.

That said, I think people are really undervaluing the performances that Mete and Kulak had last season. The situation could definitely be improved, but it is not as dire as proposing a trade for literally every LHD that has decent NHL 19 score.

Reactions: EquabaleAce

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I dont think Ghost will be cheap, I'd much rather go for Leddy

Either or is good with me.

Gostisbehere will cost more to acquire, but I think he will help the team more than Leddy would. Not only is he younger, cheaper, and has longer term, but his offensive game will help the team more. Even if the Habs don't succeed in bringing in a forward to help with the scoring, I believe adding Ghost would help in that department, despite him being a defenseman.

I wouldn't stop there, of course. I'd still look for a scoring forward.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I mean if Ghost is on the market and Bergevin was not trying call to see what they want

Id Fire Bergevin in the next second.

Literally would be a perfect fit with Weber

I wouldn't mind Shea Theodore from Vegas, either. I'm trying to find the Tweet where I read that Vegas is looking to move a defenseman. This was a separate info from the one that said Vegas may trade Pacioretty or Stastny in the next few days to create cap space.

Reactions: 417

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
I wouldn't mind Shea Theodore from Vegas, either. I'm trying to find the Tweet where I read that Vegas is looking to move a defenseman. This was a separate info from the one that said Vegas may trade Pacioretty or Stastny in the next few days to create cap space.
LeBrun has stated that Colin Miller is the d they would like to move I believe

If that’s the truth, I’m trying to get Gusev along with Clarkson as the sweetener, flip an Ikonen level prospect the other way

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->