Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
"I know a while back there was some discussions on Andre Burakovsky with Montreal, and I think Bergevin instantly went exit stage left when the ask was for Lehkonen." #Habs #Caps

Darren Dreger

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Apparently Dreger this morning talks about a Lehkonen vs Burakovsky swap....

Edit: somebody beats me on that one ;)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
"I know a while back there was some discussions on Andre Burakovsky with Montreal, and I think Bergevin instantly went exit stage left when the ask was for Lehkonen." #Habs #Caps

Darren Dreger

As he should have. I don’t care for Lehkonen but he should be traded in a package for a clear upgrade.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would give up assets if the deal came with an extension. It's hard to outbid everyone in free agency. Duchene has some question marks. But his game is made for the new NHL and he wants to win.

The bolded is exactly what Normand Flynn said on 91.9FM within the last half hour.

He also suggested that the Habs use Drouin to try and land Duchene.

He added that MB should pitch Dorion a call and be in on talks about Duchene and Stone.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If you mean Poehling, it's because he's young. LOL, just kidding.

I guess you mean Domi, and as I wrote elsewhere, I would actually as a second part of this move switch up Byron and Drouin. I think eventually Domi and Drouin are back together, and Shaw is a good complement for them even though Gallagher is a better goal scorer. Gallagher has proven he can score off almost any line.

So, for next year, this is what I would do, first step in KK's progress to 1C is moving KK to 2nd center, and also hoping two rookies can make it, sooner or later:

1. Drouin-Domi-Shaw
2a. Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia
2b. Byron-Danault-Gallagher
4. Lehkonen-Poehling/stop-gap-Suzuki/Weise
The real problem is having our best offensive winger, aka our best goalscorer with a defensive center that has no vision. Danault does not need Gallagher and gallagher needs better than Danault. That much should be clear from this year.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The bolded is exactly what Normand Flynn said on 91.9FM within the last half hour.

He also suggested that the Habs use Drouin to try and land Duchene.

He added that MB should pitch Dorion a call and be in on talks about Duchene and Stone.

Unless Duchene and Stone come along with an extension in place, it doesn't make sense to trade Drouin for either of them
Make a huge pitch come July for those guys and keep the assets (picks & prospects) that we can't afford to give up right now!
It's this summer that Marc Bergevin will have to be BIG TIME aggressive in order to take the team to the next level IMO
Right now at the deadline it doesn't make sense, a player or tow will not put us over the top to the rest of the teams competing for the Cup.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Unless Duchene and Stone come along with an extension in place, it doesn't make sense to trade Drouin for either of them
Make a huge pitch come July for those guys and keep the assets (picks & prospects) that we can't afford to give up right now!
It's this summer that Marc Bergevin will have to be BIG TIME aggressive in order to take the team to the next level IMO
Right now at the deadline it doesn't make sense, a player or tow will not put us over the top to the rest of the teams competing for the Cup.
He will have to overpay for anybody. Do you want to pay Duchene 9M

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Well, if Drouin would be included in that deal, of course the player coming the other way would have an extension....
And i have to admit that Drouin + 1st round pick for a Duchene with a 8 years extension is something that might be really tempting.....and i'm pretty sure Ottawa can't find a better deal than that for Duchene out there.

Not sure i would pull that trigger tho...still tempting.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I've yet to find anyone to claim the opposite. It's gotta be a sign and trade.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
The real problem is having our best offensive winger, aka our best goalscorer with a defensive center that has no vision. Danault does not need Gallagher and gallagher needs better than Danault. That much should be clear from this year.
Gallagher just gets a little 23 goals / 59 games . He really, really needs to play with a better center because if not he will never score a lot of goals :huh::laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Duchene would be a hell of an add. Would Danault, a 2nd and a good prospect do it? And then you back the truck up for 8 years to Duchene? He's on the record saying he likes playing in Canada.

Not even close.

In that dream scenario, Ottawa who doesn't have a 1st this year would want that (cause that's probably the best 1st round pick they could get this year which could give the edge to MTL). Danault don't hold much value since he's ufa in 2 years and because he's not seen around the league as a top 6 center.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Imagine what he could do... maybe like, not be invisible for half the season?
Gallagher invisible for half of the season ?
23 goals playing against the opposite best lines game after game is an amazing production . Probably one of the best lines playing that role in the NHL .

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not even close.

In that dream scenario, Ottawa who doesn't have a 1st this year would want that (cause that's probably the best 1st round pick they could get this year which could give the edge to MTL). Danault don't hold much value since he's ufa in 2 years and because he's not seen around the league as a top 6 center.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Flynn said that Ottawa is looking for young players more than draft picks. Perfect scenario in which to move Drouin.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Not that I think there’s a chance Ottawa trades him to Montreal but I’d trade Drouin + for Duchene in a heartbeat. I’d also go after Duchene if he hits the market in july.

Reactions: blarneylad

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If I'm not mistaken, I believe Flynn said that Ottawa is looking for young players more than draft picks. Perfect scenario in which to move Drouin.

That would makes senses since they already got a ton of young players coming up. But i don't think Drouin is enough to get Duchene.....especially with a deal in place. Drouin + 1st should be enough tho.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dorion has enough adversity to deal with. If he artificially cuts down the pool of suitors for his players just because they may be a division rival, then it'll be the Sens's loss and I'm good with that too.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That would makes senses since they already got a ton of young players coming up. But i don't think Drouin is enough to get Duchene.....especially with a deal in place. Drouin + 1st should be enough tho.

Don't know what the plus might be on top of Drouin. Hopefully, it wouldn't have to be a 1st -- maybe a prospect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad