Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If they move out Ward, I would guess they’ll be in the market for a rental goalie that’s a lot better then Niemi. Ward’s been playing decent for them as of late. Niemi does nothing for them.
If you read the article I linked, the Hawks believe Crawford is back and Dellia can be the backup. Niemi would be the third goalie.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Would we?

Lets ask the magic conch. :)

8P57sqj.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thanks everyone. Just curious.

I may have misread you. I wasn't sure about the ambit of the question. I agree with the answer given.

However, Petry and our first would get good traction without it having to be Tkachuk. Also, Petry as a standalone would have great value given his season and how top 4 RHDs are highly valued. We could keep the pick and still make a nice return with Petry alone.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I may have misread you. I wasn't sure about the ambit of the question. I agree with the answer given.

However, Petry and our first would get good traction without it having to be Tkachuk. Also, Petry as a standalone would have great value given his season and how top 4 RHDs are highly valued. We could keep the pick and still make a nice return with Petry alone.
What does “ambit” mean?

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I have this dream of trading Weber for Nylander and Zaitsev (to balance salary cap); or, something along those lines. Nylander is stuck behind a talented forward corp, Babcock is being old school. You go with Kotkaniemi and Nylander as 1A and 1B, Domi on the wing where he's even more effective. This instantly makes the team better, at the very least more talented. "Sois clairevoyant", Bergevin!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I have this dream of trading Weber for Nylander and Zaitsev (to balance salary cap); or, something along those lines. Nylander is stuck behind a talented forward corp, Babcock is being old school. You go with Kotkaniemi and Nylander as 1A and 1B, Domi on the wing where he's even more effective. This instantly makes the team better, at the very least more talented. "Sois clairevoyant", Bergevin!

Trading Weber doesn’t instantly makes the team better, especially when you consider the issues we already have with our defense.

Reactions: sampollock

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Are we really going to sell any players though? What did we do last year when we were basically out of it by the end of November? I don't see Bergevin making any major deals to ship out the likes of Petry, Tatar or Byron, he won't do it. He will look at this year as a positive and something to build on, he won't upset the culture of this team and basically we do nothing again.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Are we really going to sell any players though? What did we do last year when we were basically out of it by the end of November? I don't see Bergevin making any major deals to ship out the likes of Petry, Tatar or Byron, he won't do it. He will look at this year as a positive and something to build on, he won't upset the culture of this team and basically we do nothing again.
We traded all our ufas which was the right call

Reactions: HBDay

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Why is our best player getting the worst wingers? Jeez.
If you mean Poehling, it's because he's young. LOL, just kidding.

I guess you mean Domi, and as I wrote elsewhere, I would actually as a second part of this move switch up Byron and Drouin. I think eventually Domi and Drouin are back together, and Shaw is a good complement for them even though Gallagher is a better goal scorer. Gallagher has proven he can score off almost any line.

So, for next year, this is what I would do, first step in KK's progress to 1C is moving KK to 2nd center, and also hoping two rookies can make it, sooner or later:

1. Drouin-Domi-Shaw
2a. Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia
2b. Byron-Danault-Gallagher
4. Lehkonen-Poehling/stop-gap-Suzuki/Weise

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Dallas - Roope Hintz, Denis Guryanov
Carolina - Julien Gauthier, Nicolas Roy

Just throwing names out there, the type of prospect forward I'd look for if we were going to trade Tatar/Petry, we need size and skill on the wings. (although Roy is more a C than a W, and probably wouldn't cost as much as the others, but hey)

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Been saying the same on here for months.Makes sense for both teams.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
What would it cost us to get Panarin only if he was to sign with us.....hes going to get 8-9million. He is exactly what we need.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Your dream is my nightmare.

Zaitsev is not a need for us. Nylander may be a very good forward but again, we don't need to trade for him to put him at C to score 70 points, but also "trade" 70 point center Domi for a 9-goal Domi playing LW. Seems to me all we have done here is downgrade from Weber to Zaitsev at RD without getting an elite goalscorer or a strong LD.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah trade Weber to the Leafs and hand them the Cup. Worst move ever.

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
I don't know if this has been discussed but would Huberdeau vs Drouin 1 for 1 work for both teams?

Similar contract, similar productions, both had issues with coach lately... I normally don't wish to trade guys that have good productions but have a bad sequence, however, I'm wondering if in Bergevin or Julien's mind it could be a solution for Panthers and Habs.

Panthers get the younger player, Habs get the more consistent... Who adds if necessary?

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don't know if this has been discussed but would Huberdeau vs Drouin 1 for 1 work for both teams?

Similar contract, similar productions, both had issues with coach lately... I normally don't wish to trade guys that have good productions but have a bad sequence, however, I'm wondering if in Bergevin or Julien's mind it could be a solution for Panthers and Habs.

Panthers get the younger player, Habs get the more consistent... Who adds if necessary?

dare to dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad