Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Dorion has enough adversity to deal with. If he artificially cuts down the pool of suitors for his players just because they may be a division rival, then it'll be the Sens's loss and I'm good with that too.

That didn't stop him when dealing Hoffman or Karlsson, don't know what changed this time.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
To MTL: Bobrovsky and Panarin (contingent on extensions signed)
To Columbus: Carey Price

Could Columbus get more than that?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That didn't stop him when dealing Hoffman or Karlsson, don't know what changed this time.

Clearly, but when you're conducting an auction, you try and fill the floor. The more suitors the better the price paid, goes without saying.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Gallagher invisible for half of the season ?
23 goals playing against the opposite best lines game after game is an amazing production . Probably one of the best lines playing that role in the NHL .
I mean, watching him every game, hes been invisible for long, long stretches this year.

Its good that he puts up 23 goals, but he can do more.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
The fact that they got absolutely nothing for the two of them should motivate him.

Clearly, but when you're conducting an auction, you try and fill the floor. The more suitors the better the price paid, goes without saying.

They didn't do that with Hoffman though, and then they didn't do it with Karlsson after Hoffman blew up in their face. I just don't know what changed. If you're not willing to open the field with Karlsson after Hoffman, not sure why it would be different for Stone or Duchene.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They didn't do that with Hoffman though, and then they didn't do it with Karlsson after Hoffman blew up in their face. I just don't know what changed. If you're not willing to open the field with Karlsson after Hoffman, not sure why it would be different for Stone or Duchene.

What's changed is that they're at the last possible juncture to get something for those players. They had more time with Karlsson and Hoffman.

Dorion will still find a way to screw it up, regardless.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Don't know what the plus might be on top of Drouin. Hopefully, it wouldn't have to be a 1st -- maybe a prospect?

It will get a 1st or player that was drafted in the 1st (Like Suzuki or Poehling).
A center is much more valuable than a winger to begin with.....and Duchene is a lot better than Drouin

I'm sure they did it because they wanted the best chances to not finish dead last since they gave their 1st round pick. Now it doesn't matter anymore.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
It will get a 1st or player that was drafted in the 1st (Like Suzuki or Poehling).
A center is much more valuable than a winger to begin with.....and Duchene is a lot better than Drouin

I'm sure they did it because they wanted the best chances to not finish dead last since they gave their 1st round pick. Now it doesn't matter anymore.

That's a pretty dumb strategy for not finishing dead last.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Drouin is also 5 years younger. I wish the possibility were real ... one can dream, I suppose.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Maybe they learned from their mistakes? Likely no, but maybe? :laugh:

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Yeah, I’m not sure Carey and Mrs Price would accept a trade to Columbus Ohio.
One place Price might waive his NMC to is Colorado....Varlamov is a free agent ....Grubauer is horrible and their top prospect Spencer Martin has not been very good in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad