Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Carey's actually not much of a big city guy.
Price and a 2nd to Vancouver
Oluevi/Virtanen and a 3rd to Columbus
Brobrovski and Panarin to Montreal
Ikonen to Columbus

Condition that both players sign in Montreal

99.99% this don’t happen, it’s just armchair GMing

Reactions: Runner77

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
That would mean you'd have to give another piece that stings more than Drouin.

OTT owner is cheap. Futures and youth for Duchene would do it. A 2nd, 4th and 5th rounder, plus Lehkonen for a re-signed Duchene is what I'd consider. We have an extra 2nd, 4th and 5th. OTT lost its first rounder to COL.

In the end, Poehling could become a LW and would bring more offense to the table than Lehkonen, IMO, with just as much or better D.

Domi- Duchene - Drouin
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Suzuki
Byron - Evans - Shaw

Or, it could also be Danault + a 2nd rounder for a signed Duchene:

Domi - Duchene - Drouin
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Byron/Lehkonen - Poehling - Suzuki
Lehkonen/Byron - Evans - Shaw

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ikonen to Columbus

The Jackets give up a top 5 winger in the game and the best/2nd best goalie in the game for Ikonen and Juolevi ? :laugh:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Ikonen to Columbus

I give you props for creativity but Columbus is getting screwed here pretty hard.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
OTT owner is cheap. Futures and youth for Duchene would do it....

"So neglect becomes our ally." - Count of Monte Cristo

This is exactly why a negotiating approach with one team needs to be specific to that team's tendencies and weaknesses. It's the lethal combo of the owner being a spendthrift and his GM not able to maximize on his prime assets. Heck, why the hell did they wait until the week before the deadline to attempt to unload Duchene and Stone?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is Pat Hickey spitballing or does he know something?

At 4:20:

"I think the one player that could get you something in return ... would be Nick Suzuki. I think that they've identified the fact that he's not what they thought they had. It's extremely difficult for the GM to admit that he made a big mistake after identifying this guy as a no. 1 guy."

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
CJ's head would explode if he would had Drouin and Duclair on his team. Two immature primadonas.

I wanted to sign Duclair this summer, giving him 1 or 1.5 million on a 2 year deal - to play in Laval for a year under Bouchard the first year. And then, if his game has been rounded out, bring him up the 2nd year.

Jul 6, 2016
I wanted to sign Duclair this summer, giving him 1 or 1.5 million on a 2 year deal - to play in Laval for a year under Bouchard the first year. And then, if his game has been rounded out, bring him up the 2nd year.

Duclair possibly did not want a two-way deal.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

"I think the one player that could get you something in return ... would be Nick Suzuki. I think that they've identified the fact that he's not what they thought they had. It's extremely difficult for the GM to admit that he made a big mistake after identifying this guy as a no. 1 guy."

Why is Suzuki "not what they thought they had" ? What has he shown that was different from his prior years ?

It's either bad scouting before trading for him, or bad scouting right now, because he's the same player, with the same weaknesses and the same strength he had before the Pac trade.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

I was laughing when I listened to that. I’m not sure Pat Hickey knows what year it is anymore.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I bet Melnick would be tempted by a Drouin, 1st + spare parts deal for Duchene and Bobby Ryan.

Saving all that coin would not be easy for him to pass on.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why is Suzuki "not what they thought they had" ? What has he shown that was different from his prior years ?

It's either bad scouting before trading for him, or bad scouting right now, because he's the same player, with the same weaknesses and the same strength he had before the Pac trade.

I wonder if this isn't Pat Hickey putting his own spin, thinking that MB should have tried to land Glass instead. Of course it would have been better but it wouldn't have been the same deal, would have cost way more. Probably Glass wasn't even available.

I don't know what Hickey means by he's not a no. 1 guy -- so what if he's a second line player? Or did they think Suzuki profiled as a first line player and that he could be a center but now they realize that he likely will be neither so they're making him available? Do the Habs view Suzuki as trade bait? Or is he trade bait according to Hickey only?

Reactions: a55p2

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I wonder if this isn't Pat Hickey putting his own spin, thinking that MB should have tried to land Glass instead. Of course it would have been better but it wouldn't have been the same deal, would have cost way more. Probably Glass wasn't even available.

I don't know what Hickey means by he's not a no. 1 guy -- so what if he's a second line player? Or did they think Suzuki profiled as a first line player and that he could be a center but now they realize that he likely will be neither so they're making him available? Do the Habs view Suzuki as trade bait? Or is he trade bait according to Hickey only?

Yeah, even if he becomes a 2nd line player we would still have got two 2nd line players in that trade, which is pretty damn good! I don't think he's available, we'll need a guy with great passing skills anyway to make our PP work, Drouin ain't cutting it. Suzuki could be a good option on the PP later on.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah, even if he becomes a 2nd line player we would still have got two 2nd line players in that trade, which is pretty damn good! I don't think he's available, we'll need a guy with great passing skills anyway to make our PP work, Drouin ain't cutting it. Suzuki could be a good option on the PP later on.

Absolutely doesn't take anything away from the fact that it was a great deal for the Habs.

Just that the language being used by Hickey appears to suggest that the Habs are making him available but can't tell with certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad