Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I'm with you on Primeau. He can possibly replace Price when Price is in year 6/8 of his contract (age 36) or be a solid backup. When Price is 36, Primeau is 24. We just don't know how good he is yet in terms of being a NHL starter.

Lets say the Sens ask for Primeau, Lehkonen, and our 1st for Duchene in a sign and trade? Do you say no?
I would say NO.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd prefer not trading any prospects or picks, personally.

But, let's say I had to choose one of our top prospects, I think I'd trade Suzuki before Poehling, Brook and Romanov...

I prefer this too but anytime you can get a top 6 talent with term, you don't ignore it. We are in a re-set, not a full rebuild.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not sure why Panthers would move him. Good cap hit.

I've been reading/hearing lately that he is not on the best of terms with his coach. And he is currently their highest paid forward, which among those playing forward, he's open up the most cap space.

I'd be all for getting him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes, sorry am cooking dinner

No worries. Just curious and wanted to confirm. So some have Primeau as untouchable like Romanov, Poehling, Brook. I have him with Suzuki personally. I like him a lot but I'm also not ignoring the chance at acquiring a player with term who makes our team better today.

We are in a Re-Set, not a full rebuild.

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
I was thinking about this. I just wonder. Who do you trade if your are forced to? Pick one: Romanov, Poehling, or Brook?
Poehling cuz with Danault Domi Koko i'm happy right now and i'm sure we can pick another good young c at the draft. D-man is suck a priority tha we shouldn't touch them yet!

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I was thinking about this. I just wonder. Who do you trade if your are forced to? Pick one: Romanov, Poehling, or Brook?
Imo. You don’t touch to romanov. Montreal are very weak on LD. And what i see in wjc for a young men like him, impress me a lot. Poehling, have a high floor. So hes gonna play in the nhl, maybe like a second or third line, but he has size, what we miss here too. So, the obly one with a lot of value is josh brook, but if we trade him, we have to acquire a young player, preferably with terms. Thats my opinion

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Duchene
No worries. Just curious and wanted to confirm. So some have Primeau as untouchable like Romanov, Poehling, Brook. I have him with Suzuki personally. I like him a lot but I'm also not ignoring the chance at acquiring a player with term who makes our team better today.

We are in a Re-Set, not a full rebuild.
Duchene is a small 28 year old forward that will be retired we actually have a cup contending team. I would NOT trade a 1st let alone Primeau for him. Petry? Sure!

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Nick suzuki is the type of guy whos have a really high roof, but a low floor. Hes not the fastest, but hes doing all little things right and its very rare that hes making the wrong play. A guy like him whos dominating the junior since he is 17 years old, we have claude giroux...

Jul 6, 2016
Nick suzuki is the type of guy whos have a really high roof, but a low floor. Hes not the fastest, but hes doing all little things right and its very rare that hes making the wrong play. A guy like him whos dominating the junior since he is 17 years old, we have claude giroux...

Let's keep him for godsake !

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I will bet my left nut (with anyone but LOLwhiteknight aka Monkza who hasn’t paid his lost bet to me) that our 1st and top 4 prospects are completely off the table. We’re still in rebuild mode and sticking up in assets. With the number of UFAs likely available and young players we need to fit into the lineup, there’s no chance Bergevin backs out of what he’s been saying for over a year now of building for the future and stockping picks. This is not our year to go for a Cup run.

Reactions: cphabs

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I will bet my left nut (with anyone but LOLwhiteknight aka Monkza) that our 1st and top 4 prospects are completely off the table. We’re still in rebuild mode and sticking up in assets. With the number of UFAs likely available and young players we need to fit into the lineup, there’s no chance Bergevin backs out of what he’s been saying for over a year now of building for the future and stockping picks. This is not our year to go for a Cup run.
Fully agree, but keep in mind we are discussing a hockey trade here in this case, not a rental.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I will bet my left nut (with anyone but LOLwhiteknight aka Monkza) that our 1st and top 4 prospects are completely off the table. We’re still in rebuild mode and sticking up in assets. With the number of UFAs likely available and young players we need to fit into the lineup, there’s no chance Bergevin backs out of what he’s been saying for over a year now of building for the future and stockping picks. This is not our year to go for a Cup run.
I hope your right. It isn't the year to go for it.

Reactions: Sterling Archer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->