Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part VIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's definitely a plausible reason. But I'm not 100% convinced MB himself followed Anaheim from Winnipeg to Toronto to pre-scout.

Yeah, that's minion stuff. When a GM travels, it's more meaningful.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Let’s grab Reimer and Hepponiemi for Picks. If they want cap space for Bob

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I have no clue why you people are even talking about him ? Pipedream ? Stone is NOT coming to MTL
You don't know him , don't know what he's in his mind , what would be the offer from Bergevin , what would be the other teams offer GMs , witch teams are going to get the money to pay him , what teams will need a player like him at that point , what his family think about it .....
But you are telling us " Stone is NOT coming to MTL "
5bd71be63fd229046f75ddbc64493117.jpg

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
You never mentioned trading Drouin so that we can get help elsewhere.

I'd look into moving Drouin for someone without his concerns or some help elsewhere.
This was exactly in the post before the one you first quoted. No offense man, would've saved us both time if you'd just read up on the discussion before jumping in.
Not gonna bother with the rest as you're now twisting what you actually did read. Beating a dead horse at this point.

Last edited:

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
You don't know him , don't know what he's in his mind , what would be the offer from Bergevin , what would be the other teams offer GMs , witch teams are going to get the money to pay him , what teams will need a player like him at that point , what his family think about it .....
But you are telling us " Stone is NOT coming to MTL "
View attachment 182763

Cute selfie. And yup im telling you Stone is NOT coming to MTL !

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
while our ongoing success makes it highly unlikely, as the deadline approaches i'm more and more convinced that we need to be sellers this year...

with our cap space, and some veterans that would be appealing to contenders (but expendable for us due to depth and/or timing), a saavy move or two could set us up very nicely by adding 1st's this and/or next year or quality prospect/young player in areas of need.

Further filling up the draft/prospect/young player stable this deadline and this summer should be the focus... then by next year's deadline we'll be that much better set to really push towards icing a contending roster by the fall of 2020 (if not spring of 2020).

Not focusing on being a "seller" this deadline and this off-season would be a mistake because by next winter/spring, we should be well shifted towards filling out the NHL roster holes we have (to being a contender) if we want to take advantage of a contending window with Price/Weber as key players... Stockpiling futures now to be better set up to make the necessary moves in 2020-2021 to push the roster over the top is a way better idea than wasting away some assets to bolster up the current squad for a playoff run that would require far too much luck for any realistic shot at a cup.

Prime movers:

Tatar - 1st + top-tier prospect
To CBJ for 1st(2020) & L.Foudy, or 1st + Carlsson + Milano

Shaw - 2nd + prospect
Rielly - late 2nd or 3rd
DLO - 3rd or prospect
To CGY for 1st + Dube + Frolik (cap)

Peca - 2nd
Schlemko - 3rd, prospect
To Colorado for 2nd & Ott 3rd

Benn - late 1st or 2nd + prospect
To NYI for Bellows

Use the cap space to take on a bad contract or two in order to get full premium in assets coming back our way.

not that we could make all of those transactions happen, but imagine going into March the extra picks in the next two drafts (2x 1st, 2nd, 3rd) plus a few other prospects, while still icing a lineup that is just as competitive as what we have today (albeit with no injury depth)

Drouin - Domi - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Frolik
Lekhonen - JKO - Armia
Agostino - Chaput - Hudon

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Alzner - Ouellette

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
What was the anecdote about Hossa's gloves?

There was a rumor Marian Hossa was going to be a deadline acquisition, and somehow the rumor grew because someone found these Habs xolourec hockey gloves with M Hossa stitched inside....

Turns out it was Marcel Hossa's gloves that he left as the Rangers (whose gloves are also red and blue) just played at the bell centre

Reactions: Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
while our ongoing success makes it highly unlikely, as the deadline approaches i'm more and more convinced that we need to be sellers this year...

with our cap space, and some veterans that would be appealing to contenders (but expendable for us due to depth and/or timing), a saavy move or two could set us up very nicely by adding 1st's this and/or next year or quality prospect/young player in areas of need.

Further filling up the draft/prospect/young player stable this deadline and this summer should be the focus... then by next year's deadline we'll be that much better set to really push towards icing a contending roster by the fall of 2020 (if not spring of 2020).

Not focusing on being a "seller" this deadline and this off-season would be a mistake because by next winter/spring, we should be well shifted towards filling out the NHL roster holes we have (to being a contender) if we want to take advantage of a contending window with Price/Weber as key players... Stockpiling futures now to be better set up to make the necessary moves in 2020-2021 to push the roster over the top is a way better idea than wasting away some assets to bolster up the current squad for a playoff run that would require far too much luck for any realistic shot at a cup.

Prime movers:

Tatar - 1st + top-tier prospect
To CBJ for 1st(2020) & L.Foudy, or 1st + Carlsson + Milano

Shaw - 2nd + prospect
Rielly - late 2nd or 3rd
DLO - 3rd or prospect
To CGY for 1st + Dube + Frolik (cap)

Peca - 2nd
Schlemko - 3rd, prospect
To Colorado for 2nd & Ott 3rd

Benn - late 1st or 2nd + prospect
To NYI for Bellows

Use the cap space to take on a bad contract or two in order to get full premium in assets coming back our way.

not that we could make all of those transactions happen, but imagine going into March the extra picks in the next two drafts (2x 1st, 2nd, 3rd) plus a few other prospects, while still icing a lineup that is just as competitive as what we have today (albeit with no injury depth)

Drouin - Domi - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Frolik
Lekhonen - JKO - Armia
Agostino - Chaput - Hudon

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Alzner - Ouellette

All those trades can be done this summer. Why threw away the effort of your team while all of this can be done later?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There was a rumor Marian Hossa was going to be a deadline acquisition, and somehow the rumor grew because someone found these Habs xolourec hockey gloves with M Hossa stitched inside....

Turns out it was Marcel Hossa's gloves that he left as the Rangers (whose gloves are also red and blue) just played at the bell centre

I love it. Someone couldn't tell the difference between Habs and Rangers gloves. Details, details. Thanks for sharing.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Still scouting Dallas as well...

Anaheim and Dallas seem to be on our radar....

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Might as well try again;

Hudon for Nuke

Struggling player for struggling player. Nuke has better upside but Dallas frees some cap space for a TDL move...

Guys....have I nailed this one or what?

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Might as well try again;

Hudon for Nuke

Struggling player for struggling player. Nuke has better upside but Dallas frees some cap space for a TDL move...

Who is Nuke?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Might as well try again;

Hudon for Nuke

Not sure if Dallas accepts but it's a yes from me. Always liked these sorts of trades. Worked well for the Habs with Domi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad