Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part VIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I watched that game and was thinking about that. Could be good timing to get guys like Brendan Lemieux or Mason Appleton. Or maybe even Copp.

I think Habs could add a right handed shot with size, skills and great skating in Appleton (c/rw). Could the Jets have eyes on Shaw? Hard to tell.
Fowler was also playing for the Ducks in that game.

Habs can sure enhance their fourth line and I would love Appleton who still has pretty nice upside imo.

Literally knew nothing about Appleton. Looked him up, 6'2, 193 lbs, 23 yrs. old, RH shot.

Forecaster:

Owns excellent playmaking ability, but he can also score goals by himself. Tends to make his linemates better whenever he is on the ice. Still needs to work on his play whenever he does not have the puck, especially down low in defensive-zone coverage. Needs to fill out.
Long Range Potential: Quality playmaker with upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Why would the Jets make him available? Have there been any rumors?

Copp is also interesting, but he's a LH shot. Plays center, 6'1 206 lbs, 24 yrs. old:

Assets:An industrious talent, he plays a solid two-way game and is plenty versatile on the ice. Is a pretty good playmaker, with both grit and leadership skills. Is future captain material.
Flaws:The jury is still out on his long-range scoring potential at the National Hockey League level, so he might be reduced to a bottom-six forward role at the highest level.
Career Potential:Solid forward with a little upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Copp could really be a nice add and get us to dump Chaput.

Reactions: jaffy27

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The money and term he's going to command is obviously taken into account, they don't need to explicitly say it. I don't see anyone saying they wouldn't take him at 1M.

Signing Duchene at 8-8.5 Mil is much better than just keeping the cap space like some posters here prefer.

For the reasons I mentioned in the previous posts. I wouldn't be huge on two out of four of our main horses up front having such unpredictable levels of engagement. I think one is manageable.

What you are saying makes really no sense... What does "unpredictable levels of engagement" even means? Drouin is supposed to have that, yet he was one of tampa's best forward in the playoffs. You wouldn't want a guy who scored 14 pts in 17 playoff games in a year?

Tatar is probably not in your "unpredictable levels of engagement" category, but he's a guy who has not performed well in the playoffs.

Adding Duchene to our lineup, that already has Drouin, without giving anything up is a gigantic boost no matter how you look at it.

If we trade Drouin, it would be to acquire a top 4 LD which could fill a big hole. It would have nothing to do with the "unpredictable levels of engagement" nonsense.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Signing Duchene at 8-8.5 Mil is much better than just keeping the cap space like some posters here prefer.

What you are saying makes really no sense... What does "unpredictable levels of engagement" even means? Drouin is supposed to have that, yet he was one of tampa's best forward in the playoffs. You wouldn't want a guy who scored 14 pts in 17 playoff games in a year?

Tatar is probably not in your "unpredictable levels of engagement" category, but he's a guy who has not performed well in the playoffs.

Adding Duchene to our lineup, that already has Drouin, without giving anything up is a gigantic boost no matter how you look at it.

If we trade Drouin, it would be to acquire a top 4 LD which could fill a big hole. It would have nothing to do with the "unpredictable levels of engagement" nonsense.

The point is to build a championship team, not just another good but not good enough team.
You believe a team - that doesn't have Crosby's or Malkin's to lead - can win with two of their top guys who struggle with pulling their weight on a consistent basis. I don't.

Get back to me when there's a bigger sample than 17 games.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I wouldn't mind getting someone like Getzlav. Would be a huge uprade upfront for us, a talented big center, it gives you quite added fuel for the playoffs. And given that he is not the player that he was, maybe the price would not be too high? The obstacle is that Bob is old school and tend to hold on to his old things even though a Ducks rebuild might be the thing to do.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The point is to build a championship team, not just another good but not good enough team.
You believe a team - that doesn't have Crosby's or Malkin's to lead - can win with two of their top guys who struggle with pulling their weight on a consistent basis. I don't.

Get back to me when there's a bigger sample than 17 games.

So your solution to beating teams with Crosby's and Malkin's is to get rid of one of our most talented players (Drouin) who also has the best playoff stats in our team? lol

and fyi Drouin was at his best against the pens in the playoffs.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Hossa's gloves was the craziest thing because I remember them having the actual gloves on tsn haha. I think John Lu was the one that revealed it was Marcel? Hossa's NYR gloves :popcorn:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
So your solution to beating teams with Crosby's and Malkin's is to get rid of one of our most talented players (Drouin) who also has the best playoff stats in our team? lol

and fyi Drouin was at his best against the pens in the playoffs.
Sigh...yes I want to get rid of him at all costs...That's exactly what I said.
And I definitely didn't say he could allow us to get help elsewhere, nah.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hossa's gloves was the craziest thing because I remember them having the actual gloves on tsn haha. I think John Lu was the one that revealed it was Marcel? Hossa's NYR gloves :popcorn:

What was the anecdote about Hossa's gloves?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So is this the guy a bunch of scouts at the Peg and our GM, were asking about?

... the guy that they’re up and asking about is Roslovic. They’re not stupid. They look at the thing over the course of the season - they look at his minutes. They see sometimes he’s there on the fourth line. And that’s the guy they want to get out of there.

“And the Jets are like, ‘No, no, no. We’re not going to do that.’ At least that’s my understanding so far, is that that’s been a non-starter for them.

McKenzie: Roslovic non-starter for Jets in trade talks

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
With Bergevin scouting the jets game the other day, and the news that Winnipeg is willing to move its first rounder:

To Winnipeg
Danault + 4th round pick

To Montreal
Copp + 2019 1st + cap dump

Danault has been great lately, but long term we have pieces coming to replace him. This might hurt our limited chances this year, but long term we’d come out on top I think.

My last proposal went badly.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Sigh...yes I want to get rid of him at all costs...That's exactly what I said.
And I definitely didn't say he could allow us to get help elsewhere, nah.

Well thats pretty much what you hinted to. You said we can't have both Duchene and Drouin on the same team. You never mentioned trading Drouin so that we can get help elsewhere. Your whole focus on trading Drouin was that we can't have two guys with "unpredictable levels of engagement" on the team.

Obviously we would get something back for Drouin that could help us, but thats not the reason you want to trade him.
After all, there are other players we could trade to get help elsewhere.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
With Bergevin scouting the jets game the other day, and the news that Winnipeg is willing to move its first rounder:

To Winnipeg
Danault + 4th round pick

To Montreal

Danault has been great lately, but long term we have pieces coming to replace him. This might hurt our limited chances this year, but long term we’d come out on top I think.

This one won’t go much better. Especially that he’s having a career year and getting 2nd line center production while being our best defensive center and best in the face off dot. You don’t trade that for a 25+ pick and a 4th liner. Oh and he’s 25 and cheap!

Danault for Roslavic or Niku and a 1st and we’re talking now.

Last edited:

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton

To Winnipeg
Danault + 4th round pick

To Montreal

So will this one, I mean, Danault at this point is producing at a 2C clip and is signed at a great AAV on top of showing strong shutdown capabilities. Don't think Montreal lets him go unless there's a bigger piece coming back as part of a package.

Copp would just end up as yet another guy on the 3rd line wing, and the 1st will be in the 26-31 range, so a very late one (they rarely pan out well).

Way too much risks involved with little rewards. I wouldn't do this (even less so with the added cap dump) unless you include a guy like Logan Stanley and a 2020 2nd.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
We play Anaheim tomorrow, so it might not mean much

GMs do not do advanced scouting. Especially not multiple views for a western conference team who’s in the tank. He’s there to pro scout their roster for a potential trade. Not give the team a scouting report of to expect.

Reactions: blarneylad

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
We play Anaheim tomorrow, so it might not mean much

Normally GM don't do that job and i highly doubt he'll do it 2 games in a row following the team around but mostly, if i'm the GM....there's no freaking way i'm going in Winnipeg for pre-game scouting. If the game were in Florida or New York....fun trip, fun cities.... yeah maybe it's for the game, but not in Winnipeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad