Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part VIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Assuming Fowler blocks a trade to Mtl and the Habs target Lindholm, what do you figure they’d have to add to Drouin to git ‘er done? I’m thinking the Habs could also soften the blow by taking back a toxic contract.

Lindholm = Drouin. An argument can be made that Drouin is worth more. 2 years younger and one more year in term. Cap hits are very similar. We need to be careful with how good Lindholm is. I think he is a solid top 4D but how much offense does he produce? Best seasons so far are 35 (+/-) pts. That's the potential I'm seeing.

Someone explain Lindhom's value. Are we talking Josi type guy with less offensive ability here?

I'm not so sure I would do Drouin for Lindholm. I rather dangle Gallagher.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
MB scouting Anaheim has me incredibly worried that he will do something stupid like our 1st + for a very average defenseman in Fowler ffs

1st+ for Fowler is not a bad deal. You think we are hitting for sure with the 1st that looks like 15-22 range? Do you think we get better value with the 1st vs a guy like Fowler? All we need to do is put top 3 protection on the 1st.

I guess it all depends on what the + is eh.

I'd be more worried if he was going after Perry or Kesler :laugh:

Reactions: Vachon23

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'd trade Poehling if Lindholm was coming back without any issues. Just don't touch our 1st, that's a riot waiting to happen.

I wouldn't touch Fowler with a 9 foot clown pole.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd trade Poehling if Lindholm was coming back without any issues. Just don't touch our 1st, that's a riot waiting to happen.

I wouldn't touch Fowler with a 9 foot clown pole.

Our 2019 1st < Poehling. You never ignore draft plus development. A player trending well always trumps a unknown and unproven asset at age 17/18. The only concern I have with trading the 1st is putting top 3 protection on on the very small chance we miss the playoffs and win one of the 1st 3 spots. Unlikely but possible... better be save than sorry.

Reactions: jaffy27

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Our 2019 1st < Poehling. You never ignore draft plus development. A player trending well always trumps a unknown and unproven asset at age 17/18. The only concern I have with trading the 1st is putting top 3 protection on on the very small chance we miss the playoffs and win one of the 1st 3 spots. Unlikely but possible... better be save than sorry.
Maybe, but I don't care, I think players in this first round will have better development figures than Poehling. I just don't see the hands in Poehling to make him untouchable and there's also a nagging feeling that we won't stick at center in the NHL, starting on the left wing most probably.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Maybe, but I don't care, I think players in this first round will have better development figures than Poehling. I just don't see the hands in Poehling to make him untouchable and there's also a nagging feeling that we won't stick at center in the NHL, starting on the left wing most probably.

Poehling is a keeper. You are drooling over offense a bit too much IMO. Habs need 200' players who has some offensive ability. Let me guess, you think Suzuki is better than Poehling cause he is producing points in the CHL while Poehling is producing less in the NCAA playing against men?

Poehling has been proving the doubters wrong since the day we drafted him. He's developing very well IMO.

Remember the stuff people said about Tkachuk? They ignored his world juniors play and looked at his NCAA numbers which were less than Poehling last year.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I respect your opinion but I’m keeping him.

I believe centre is exactly where he’ll end up....he’s scored some beauties in the NCAA and he’s got that great hand eye coordination.

Plus he’s won the best forward in the WJC

Now of course all this means nothing if it don’t transfer itself to the NHL but I’d rather have him win that distinction than not.

Reactions: Runner77

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I remember bergevin having a trade at the draft for our first until he found out Poeling was still available.....he then sprinted up to the podium to select him.......no way he trades him away.... gauranteed

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Poehling is a keeper. You are drooling over offense a bit too much IMO. Habs need 200' players who has some offensive ability. Let me guess, you think Suzuki is better than Poehling cause he is producing points in the CHL while Poehling is producing less in the NCAA playing against men?

Poehling has been proving the doubters wrong since the day we drafted him. He's developing very well IMO.

Remember the stuff people said about Tkachuk? They ignored his world juniors play and looked at his NCAA numbers which were less than Poehling last year.
No Suzuki is not untouchable either. I would package him for Lindholm without any issues. The 200' thing is marketing at best, Higgins was 200' foot as well and he didn't stick at center very long. If we can get a top LD, Poehling or Suzuki shouldn't be untouchable.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I remember bergevin having a trade at the draft for our first until he found out Poeling was still available.....he then sprinted up to the podium to select him.......no way he trades him away.... gauranteed

I had forgotten about that. A team had approached Bergevin cause a player they wanted was still available and if I remember correctly, Bergevin told them that if the player the Habs wanted was still available at their slot, he wouldn't move the pick.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
This is why I gave up on trade discussions on HF. On the main boards someone posted a ludicrous offer of Poehling, Romanov, 1st and Alzner for Fowler and Comtois. Yes, I know ditching the Alzner money is good, but the fact that most fans of other teams said the Ducks wouldn't take that is ridiculous. That's a potential coup for the Ducks. Fowler is over-rated in my opinion and having a poor year. What team gives up their top two prospects and a 1st in any deal? Let alone for a question mark on a big deal.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Man, Lindholm would be quite the acquisition. 6'3, 208 lbs., 25 years old.

Forecaster:

Owns a great combination of size and skating ability for the back end. Has a lot of ability as a shutdown defender, as well as pretty good offensive acumen. Can log huge minutes, in all game situations. Could stand to become a little more aggressive defenseman, both in terms of physical play as well as to add some more offensive production to his overall arsenal. Should shoot the puck more, too.
Long Range Potential: Talented, big-minute defenseman with upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I had forgotten about that. A team had approached Bergevin cause a player they wanted was still available and if I remember correctly, Bergevin told them that if the player the Habs wanted was still available at their slot, he wouldn't move the pick.
Wasn’t it Buffalo?

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Despite that, if I had to speculate - Silfverberg, Fowler and Lindholm are all guys I could see in a habs uniform.

Why would Bergevin be concerned about scouting these teams prior to games unless he was also looking at their roster?

The Ducks are sellers at this deadline for sure. Maybe one of their two LHD in Fowler and Lindholm are available. I'd give a first this year and whatever else not a top WJC prospect for one of them any day.
Exactly. ..Bergy doesn't really scout unless there could be something happening.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
This is why I gave up on trade discussions on HF. On the main boards someone posted a ludicrous offer of Poehling, Romanov, 1st and Alzner for Fowler and Comtois. Yes, I know ditching the Alzner money is good, but the fact that most fans of other teams said the Ducks wouldn't take that is ridiculous. That's a potential coup for the Ducks. Fowler is over-rated in my opinion and having a poor year. What team gives up their top two prospects and a 1st in any deal? Let alone for a question mark on a big deal.
There’s a French name in there so naturally people think we’ll cut off our legs to get that French speaking player.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No Suzuki is not untouchable either. I would package him for Lindholm without any issues. The 200' thing is marketing at best, Higgins was 200' foot as well and he didn't stick at center very long. If we can get a top LD, Poehling or Suzuki shouldn't be untouchable.

Nobody is untouchable cause we don't have stars like McDavid. But I 100% disagree about your 200' comment being marketing. Something tells me that you are a loafer when you play hockey? Players who are good at both ends of the ice are very valuable... come on man!

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I agree that is an absurd proposal. I don't mind dangling Poehling or Suzuki but that's keeping our 1st rounders and our most promising LDs.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wasn’t it Buffalo?

I think it was the Stars, cause they made a deal where they acquired Chicago's pick, which was right behind the Habs:

Traded • 2017 first round pick (#29-Henri Jokiharju) • 2017 third round pick (#70-Andrei Altybarmakyan) to Blackhawks for • 2017 first round pick (#26-Jake Oettinger) on 2017-06-23

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Nobody is untouchable cause we don't have stars like McDavid. But I 100% disagree about your 200' comment being marketing. Something tells me that you are a loafer when you play hockey? Players who are good at both ends of the ice are very valuable... come on man!
That's why it's marketing BS, who's going to disagree with a vaguely positive label on a player like that? :laugh:

It doesn't describe half of Poehling's game imho.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Man, Lindholm would be quite the acquisition. 6'3, 208 lbs., 25 years old.

Forecaster:

Owns a great combination of size and skating ability for the back end. Has a lot of ability as a shutdown defender, as well as pretty good offensive acumen. Can log huge minutes, in all game situations. Could stand to become a little more aggressive defenseman, both in terms of physical play as well as to add some more offensive production to his overall arsenal. Should shoot the puck more, too.
Long Range Potential: Talented, big-minute defenseman with upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I'd prefer Fowler to Lindholm, but either will do :)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's why it's marketing BS, who's going to disagree with a vaguely positive label on a player like that? :laugh:

It doesn't describe half of Poehling's game imho.

We are far apart on this one. The strength to Poehling's game is commitment to the 200' game and being defensive aware as a center while he chips in on offense from time to time.

I'm shocked that you think our 2019 1st (15-22 range) is worth more than Poehling or Suzuki.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
We are far apart on this one. The strength to Poehling's game is commitment to the 200' game and being defensive aware as a center while he chips in on offense from time to time.

I'm shocked that you think our 2019 1st (15-22 range) is worth more than Poehling or Suzuki.
You can find players on which to fit this BS label in every draft at the end of the 1st round. There's nothing that warrants an untouchable there, unless you're trading your 1st for some miss-guided playoff run. That's too much of a gamble to me. I think this draft is going to equal 2007, so.. I'd rather do the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad