Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Most Kyle Turris type acquisitions remain busts. The most recent example is Nail Yakupov.

It's worth it to take a risk on these kinds of players, but you don't add them at the deadline in order to compete for the cup.

A lot depends on coaching. If the coach has it wrong, and Capuano seems to be derided by a lot of people lately, including Isles fans, then a trade for Strome would just be exploiting a temporary buy-low scenario brought on by the coach.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Do you think Panarin could sign here if we ended up trading Paccioretty or even if we kept him?

It's always possible given the russian connection. Chicago will probably want to resign him and should do what they can to clear cap space for him. Mind you we'll be tight on cap space as well with having to resign Radulov, Chucky and Markov

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
But yeah, Strome would make a lot of sense, and exactly the type of buy-low trade he seems to love.

Wonder how it would go between Strome and Therrien though, speedy skilled offense-first playmaker, who isn't very good in his own end... it's not like we don't need someone like him, but, Therrien gonna be Therrien...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dreger on 690 this morning:

“Again, some of the areas that we’ve talked about that might be perceived as weakness – they might leap off the page, or off the ice, when Bergevin is watching a game. And there’s only so much you can do in-season. We know that. Centers are almost never available. Good defense are almost never available, unless you want to absolutely mortgage your future, give away top assets and all of that to acquire them. And even then, that doesn’t happen until you get to the trade deadline.

“So I think he’s open to interest, but I don’t get the sense from managers that I’m talking to that he’s kicking down doors looking for players.

http://www.fanragsports.com/news/dreger-doesnt-seem-like-bergevin-kicking-doors-trade-front/

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Dreger on 690 this morning:

“Again, some of the areas that we’ve talked about that might be perceived as weakness – they might leap off the page, or off the ice, when Bergevin is watching a game. And there’s only so much you can do in-season. We know that. Centers are almost never available. Good defense are almost never available, unless you want to absolutely mortgage your future, give away top assets and all of that to acquire them. And even then, that doesn’t happen until you get to the trade deadline.

“So I think he’s open to interest, but I don’t get the sense from managers that I’m talking to that he’s kicking down doors looking for players.â€

http://www.fanragsports.com/news/dreger-doesnt-seem-like-bergevin-kicking-doors-trade-front/

watch MB surprise us! :naughty:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
But yeah, Strome would make a lot of sense, and exactly the type of buy-low trade he seems to love.

Wonder how it would go between Strome and Therrien though, speedy skilled offense-first playmaker, who isn't very good in his own end... it's not like we don't need someone like him, but, Therrien gonna be Therrien...

We are in a position to win now with Price/Weber/Radulov at the top of their games, we need players who are capable of producing now.

In the off-season a guy like Strome might be a nice addition to take a chance on to start next year, but right now we need guys who can step in and produce and help us get to the playoffs and help us there.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

The hell with Strome. If we're dealing with the Islanders, we're going for Tavares and no one else.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The hell with Strome. If we're dealing with the Islanders, we're going for Tavares and no one else.

Tavares is my top choice as well, and the Islanders would be rational to trade him to us.

If he's not available? Strome isn't bad.

Last edited:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Yes Strome Is struggling but capuano is a bad coach .

He is a RH and can produce 50 pts

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
As Dregger said,

Highly doubt a significant trade is made between now and New Year. Will be 2 weeks before trade deadline at the soonest imo.

Due to the salary cap

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-florida-panthers-ambitious-leap/

In regards to Pacioretty

Sometimes I wonder if a fresh start would be better for him, somewhere quieter.

This is me talking here, but if (and I stress if) the Canadiens ever wanted to do this, the difficulty is you are trading a 30-goal scorer with a $4.5M average salary. That is worth a ton in today’s NHL. What is equal value? Has to be a lot. I don’t know many teams that could pull it off.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Pacioretty, a high end prospect (anyone except Sergachev) and a *1st Rounder

for

Tavares

*conditional on Tavares signing an extension :)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

for

Tavares

I'd do this trade in an instant. While replacing Patches will be difficult, we need a high end center a lot more than a LW.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Sergachev is the only high end prospect we have. Maybe Juulsen will be added to this list if he has a strong u20 tournament. Outside than that we have interesting prospects but nothing more.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

for

Tavares

That would be a great trade, but also the end of the NY Islanders. They would fold in a second if that were to happen.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If they are out of the playoff picture, it is in the Islanders' best interest to trade Tavares to the highest bidder this year.

If they can't extend him they should trade him this year cause his value will be a lot less next year.

Patch-Sergachev-1st would actually be too much for him next year.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If they can't extend him they should trade him this year cause his value will be a lot less next year.

Patch-Sergachev-1st would actually be too much for him next year.

That's too much for him this year.

The right value for Tavares is whatever the biggest bid is going to be.

There's no precedent for any player being worth Pacioretty, Sergachev, 1st, with the possible exception of the Chris Pronger trades, and even in that case would be the exception to the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad