Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Paccioretty+ for Panarin

Panarin is better than Paccioretty... but most likely Chicago can not afford his contract so risk losing him to free agency. I'd throw in Beaulieu even.

Problem is that Chicago are still contending.. so doubtful

There are a bunch of options from NYI that have been gone over a lot already so I won't mention those.

SJS Vlasic.. perfect partner for Weber although is unlikely. Hertl an option, Big joe?

Calgary... Monahan?

Philly... maybe couterier or Ghost

Yeah.... don't think we're getting any of these players unless we're giving A LOT back.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Shaw is impossible to move. The only chance we have to get rid of him is leaving him unprotected in the expansion draft and hope Vegas picks him. But they won't anyway, his contract is really bad.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Man... it's John Tavares. The guy's a point per game center playing with a bad team. I'll take on Ladd (who still netted 46 and 62 points these past two years) if it means this deal would get done. Unfortunately, it won't happen. JT is just way too good.

1000%. If there is even the faintest chance to get Tavaras you do it but I don't think we have enough to offer.

Pacioretty+McCarron+Beaulieu+Juulsen+1st

for

Tavaras + Ladd

And I still think the Islanders laugh at us.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
I like Shaw, but he carries quite a hefty contract. If we were to make a trade to improve down the C, we'd likely have to move someone like Shaw for cap reasons. It's just the most logical piece to move that wouldn't hurt our roster - since Plekanec won't be moved (I doubt anyone would want to pay him 6m for the next season) and DD at 3.5m isn't enough (and I doubt any team would want him either).

no reason to trade Shaw. he has 5 goals. 9 points. spent most of his time on a line with DD who is a black hole offensively this season. good on the PK. plays PP and im sure is a playoff guy.

No reason to trade Shaw

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Paccioretty+ for Panarin

Panarin is better than Paccioretty... but most likely Chicago can not afford his contract so risk losing him to free agency. I'd throw in Beaulieu even.

Problem is that Chicago are still contending.. so doubtful

There are a bunch of options from NYI that have been gone over a lot already so I won't mention those.

SJS Vlasic.. perfect partner for Weber although is unlikely. Hertl an option, Big joe?

Calgary... Monahan?

Philly... maybe couterier or Ghost

Chicago won't accept Pacioretty as a base for Panarin, the value may be solid, but they're basically trading Panarin for 2 years of Pacioretty, they'll find themselves in the same situation then with Pacioretty seeking a big contract...if Panarin is traded, it'll be for a young potential star on his entry-level contract.

Vlasic is probably the most untouchable player on the Sharks..yea even more so than Burns and Couture. While I agree that he's the perfect partner for Weber, there's no way we're getting him.

Monahan is going to cost Galchenyuk, it's a lateral move at best, a Galchenyuk-Monahan 1-2 punch would be awesome, but we don't have anything else that could realistically entice Calgary. Is we want their young #1C, we're gonna have to give up ours.

Ghost and Couturier aren't realistic either. Ghost is a 2nd year pro, no way Philly moves him for anything short of an established star defenseman...we only have one who fits the bill, an we aren't trading Weber. Couturier is probably one of the most underrated forwards out there, he will cost Galchenyuk.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
no reason to trade Shaw. he has 5 goals. 9 points. spent most of his time on a line with DD who is a black hole offensively this season. good on the PK. plays PP and im sure is a playoff guy.

No reason to trade Shaw
Exactly this. Shaw can be a huge hothead at times, like last night, but there's no denying his passion. He's the kind of player teams wish they had during the playoffs, that's what he's built for, no reason to trade him/leave him unprotected.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Chicago won't accept Pacioretty as a base for Panarin, the value may be solid, but they're basically trading Panarin for 2 years of Pacioretty, they'll find themselves in the same situation then with Pacioretty seeking a big contract...if Panarin is traded, it'll be for a young potential star on his entry-level contract.

Vlasic is probably the most untouchable player on the Sharks..yea even more so than Burns and Couture. While I agree that he's the perfect partner for Weber, there's no way we're getting him.

Monahan is going to cost Galchenyuk, it's a lateral move at best, a Galchenyuk-Monahan 1-2 punch would be awesome, but we don't have anything else that could realistically entice Calgary. Is we want their young #1C, we're gonna have to give up ours.

Ghost and Couturier aren't realistic either. Ghost is a 2nd year pro, no way Philly moves him for anything short of an established star defenseman...we only have one who fits the bill, an we aren't trading Weber. Couturier is probably one of the most underrated forwards out there, he will cost Galchenyuk.

not that I know anything...but I think you are evaluating some of these players a tad bit high...just my opinion

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Desharnais (30% cap retained)
Hudon
2017 2nd rd. pick

~for~

Hanzal
2017 4th rd. pick - cond. (if Hanzal doesn't play 10 playoff games)

Adding Desharnais retained makes the trade work for both teams money-wise. Losing Hudon doesn't hurt us so much as we can't protect him in the expansion draft anyway.

Shaw - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Danault - Hanzal - Byron
Lehkonen - Mitchell - McCarron

That's a very solid line-up, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad