Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
If they're getting anyone from the Leafs, I'd want it to be Kadri.

JVR is poor defensively and Bozak spends too much time injured.

Yeah but they're not trading Kadri. Bozak is something that can actually happen.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
If they're getting anyone from the Leafs, I'd want it to be Kadri................JVR is poor defensively and Bozak spends too much time injured.

Same here...Kadri for me (if we're dealing with the Leaves).
Bozak?? No way!! For DD+below average prospect or VERY low pick...yes, but not more for Bozak (injury prone and way way too overrated around here!). And, JVR...? Maybe but only for cheap since he's also overrated (and mostly...I'm not sure about him for playoffs, so won't give a lot for him.
On the other hand, gritty/annoying/fast/skilled-Kadri projects well for playoffs, and he's be ecstatic to Leave Toronto for Mtl since he's a Hab fan...apparently).

Bonus...Kadri's a Hab fan (grew up a Hab fan...I could be wrong)...and he's projected as a playoff warrior (gritty/feisty, can be a pest, bodychecker, skilled, good skater/fast, etc,etc).

Pacioretty and DD are not made for playoffs 'cause Pacioretty has no heart (Tin Man, invisible in playoffs) and DD is 5'5 and slow.

Bergevin would still have to look for a/some top 6-9 playoff forward(s). But, we're better for playoffs (with Kadri) since Pacioretty is non-existent in playoffs (he's here for his regular season stats/paychecks, that's it).

Pacioretty + DD (we pay 1/2) + _?_
for
Kadri + their #5-6-7 LEFTIE dman

Yeah but they're not trading Kadri. Bozak is something that can actually happen.

Kadri can be had for the right price (ex: Pacioretty).

Auston Mathews is the only untouchable (unless Edmonton gives McDavid for Mathews+Rieilly+Toronto's 1st!!,etc,etc).

Bozak for dirt dirt cheap only (DD and we pay 1/2 of his salary + below average prospect), or else...forget it. But, that's not going to excite me for playoffs. Kadri's major playoff-warrior/winner potential would.

Playoffs:
Byron/playoff forward...Galchenyuk...Radulov
playoff forward/Lehkonen...Kadri...Gallagher
Hudon/Carr...Pleks...Shaw
Danault...Mitchell...Flynn

P.S.: I'll get butchered, but...I project Kadri being a better playoff player vs Pacioretty...that's a no-brainer ; and maybe even better vs Galchenyuk (for playoffs). Kadri is very gritty/gutsy, feisty/annoying, physical, and skilled...he may one day have as much value as Brad Marchand (playoff winner/warrior)...Kadri just needs some playoff seasons to prove it (with our Habs!).

Last edited:

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Pacioretty + Plekanec + 1st 2017 for Tavares + Ladd

Ladd is one of the worst contracts in the NHL, and will hurt NYI for a long time. Plekanec is expiring next year and is still a good shutdown C.

Also, I would either waive DD or trade him for a low pick, and I would call up McCarron.

Lehkonen – Tavares – Gallagher
Hudon – Galchenyuk – Radulov
Ladd – Danault – Shaw
Byron – Mitchell – McCarron

Emelin – Weber
Markov – Petry
Beaulieu – Redmond

Price

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Chayka is not all in with analytics at all. He's a strong believer in them - even founded a company based on them - but he believes they are simply an under utilized tool but one of many different tools used to determine a players worth.

He may not be all in but he uses it extensively and made his name and career with an analytics company he started. If that's not an analytics guy, than they don't exist.

Darren Dreger's "sources" are hilariously dubious. I wouldn't put much stock at all in anything that he has to say about the inner workings of General Managers in the NHL now that Dave Nonis is gone.

His entire rolodex is essentially a handful of player agents. He's about as connected as your average beat writer so this "report" sheds almost no light on what the Canadiens are and are not doing.

Despite your personal bias, Dreger is one of the top pundits out there. His sources are all the owners, GMs, upper management, scouts, agents, players, coaches training staff and anyone else involved directly in hockey. Maybe dubious wasn't the right word??

The guy is not psychic and he cannot report anything that's off the record either. Not sure what you expect from him or any other hockey insider.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Apparently Sens fans aren't too happy with Bobby Ryan. Would you make a trade: DD + Shaw for Ryan?

Think of Pacioretty + Ryan in the same ghost line (when they wake up though, it's gonna be brutal for the other teams).

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Why are so many trade proposals including Shaw. He's not going anywhere for a while. We JUST signed him to a long term deal and he's doing exactly what we asked him to do. He's not going anywhere.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Why are so many trade proposals including Shaw. He's not going anywhere for a while. We JUST signed him to a long term deal and he's doing exactly what we asked him to do. He's not going anywhere.

I like Shaw, but he carries quite a hefty contract. If we were to make a trade to improve down the C, we'd likely have to move someone like Shaw for cap reasons. It's just the most logical piece to move that wouldn't hurt our roster - since Plekanec won't be moved (I doubt anyone would want to pay him 6m for the next season) and DD at 3.5m isn't enough (and I doubt any team would want him either).

Jul 6, 2016
MB must get a couple of big wingers and a center IF possible.

Too bad McCarron and Matteau are not the solutions right now.

Talent Analyst

Dec 24, 2005
100th years
Beaulieu + Desharnais vs Bozak + 2rd pick

Are you guys doing it?

They get a young defencemen with potential and we solve our center problems.

Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Bozak-Gallagher
Hudon-Plekanek-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Emelin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Barberio-Pateryn
Redmond

Plekanek can step up if Bozak gets hurt.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
he's projected as a playoff warrior (gritty/feisty, can be a pest, bodychecker, skilled, good skater/fast, etc,etc).

You really need to stop this nonsense.

"Projected as a playoff warrior?"

Projected by ... you, I assume? You just randomly announce people are "playoff warriors" or not "playoff warriors" as a way for you to pump up or rip down players you like or don't like.

It's all nonsense.

You claimed Nick Leddy was a "playoff warrior" then I pointed out that he managed to be a -8 on a Stanley Cup Champion where no other player was worse than -2.

Now Nazem Kadri "projects" to be a playoff warrior? In his professional career, he's played 18 playoff games and scored 4 goals. Enough with your "projections."

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
MB must get a couple of big wingers and a center IF possible.

Too bad McCarron and Matteau are not the solutions right now.

There's no reason why the habs couldnt call up McCarron for 5 games. HE cannot possibly be worse than Desharnais.

I think Rakell would be a solid addition for us.

MAybe something around Pacthes for Rakell + 1st?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He may not be all in but he uses it extensively and made his name and career with an analytics company he started. If that's not an analytics guy, than they don't exist.

I had an opportunity to speak with Chyaka at length and was very interested in what he had to say on Analytics. Is he a believer? Absolutely. Is it what got his foot in the door? Absolutely. But I was also amazed to discover that he feels it is just *another* way to evaluate players and he said that it is not at all like baseball where it uncovers previously unknown or under appreciated talents. He *doesn't* think that analytics will make previously undervalued players suddenly valuable. He also freely acknowledged that a lot of what analytics have told us are things we already knew. For example, it's not exactly surprising to learn that the team that has the puck most often turns out to be the team that wins a lot of games. He said you will *not* see the Coyotes making curious transactions as they try to unearth "hidden gems." He doesn't believe there is such a thing in the NHL. He also said that if he calls a team and asks about any under the radar players other General Mangers are instantly suspicious because of his reputation.

Despite your personal bias, Dreger is one of the top pundits out there. His sources are all the owners, GMs, upper management, scouts, agents, players, coaches training staff and anyone else involved directly in hockey. Maybe dubious wasn't the right word??

The guy is not psychic and he cannot report anything that's off the record either. Not sure what you expect from him or any other hockey insider.

Again, I'm not in a position to prove where my "personal bias" comes from, but if you think Dreger is a pundit at all, let alone one of the "top pundits" than we can agree to disagree.

As for your (believed) list of his sources, I can only say that you would be very surprised at how inaccurate that list that you have just cited is.

I do find it quite funny that Dreger, while working for Sportsnet, had no respect at all, but suddenly, just by moving over to TSN, he suddenly, around here, became "one of the top pundits."

Clearly you are going to believe what you believe and have no reason to have my opinon sway you. But I would simply ask you to look at his track record and actually listen to what he says then re-think the notion of him being a pundit of any kind or connected in any way.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I really think packaging Max for a multi-player return is what MB should strongly consider.

Either:

TO NYI

Pacioretty-Beaulieu-DD = 9M

TO MTL

Strome+CDH+Bailey = 7.8M

Bailey fills a top 6 wing spot and Strome can either play RW until he's ready (Therrien would love this) for centre or slot in as 2C/3C - CDH would look good on Webers left side.

Also gives us a little more cap room for a TDL rental.

TO ANA:

Pacioretty-Beaulieu

TO MTL:

Fowler-Rakell

This was discussed preseason on here. With how Rakell and Fowler are playing I doubt it gets done now.

TO MINN:

Pacioretty-Pateryn

TO MTL

Brodin-Nino

Would like to see Brodin on Webers wing. I've always liked Nino......and can play on the left side.

Fire away.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I had an opportunity to speak with Chyaka at length and was very interested in what he had to say on Analytics. Is he a believer? Absolutely. Is it what got his foot in the door? Absolutely. But I was also amazed to discover that he feels it is just *another* way to evaluate players and he said that it is not at all like baseball where it uncovers previously unknown or under appreciated talents. He *doesn't* think that analytics will make previously undervalued players suddenly valuable. He also freely acknowledged that a lot of what analytics have told us are things we already knew. For example, it's not exactly surprising to learn that the team that has the puck most often turns out to be the team that wins a lot of games. He said you will *not* see the Coyotes making curious transactions as they try to unearth "hidden gems." He doesn't believe there is such a thing in the NHL. He also said that if he calls a team and asks about any under the radar players other General Mangers are instantly suspicious because of his reputation.

Good look into Chyka but really just supplementing what I initially posted about his reliance on analytics. You've done a great job of pointing out he's not as dependent on it as Rowe is but he's still a huge proponent of it, obviously.

Great insight though.

Again, I'm not in a position to prove where my "personal bias" comes from, but if you think Dreger is a pundit at all, let alone one of the "top pundits" than we can agree to disagree.

As for your (believed) list of his sources, I can only say that you would be very surprised at how inaccurate that list that you have just cited is.

I do find it quite funny that Dreger, while working for Sportsnet, had no respect at all, but suddenly, just by moving over to TSN, he suddenly, around here, became "one of the top pundits."

Clearly you are going to believe what you believe and have no reason to have my opinon sway you. But I would simply ask you to look at his track record and actually listen to what he says then re-think the notion of him being a pundit of any kind or connected in any way.

How does a guy who's on national TV for the largest sports broadcaster, or top 2 at least, not have dedicated connections throughout the NHL considering the reach and influence he has. It just seems like a bridge too far that he's as useless and unconnected as you're letting on.

Of all the people TSN could hire and already have like Bob McKenzie, Pierre Lebrun, McGuire, Ferraro etc, why would they keep Dreger as a core insider and heir apparent to McKenzie if he's as useless as you say he is? Just doesn't make sense given the number of people out there and the fact he's not exactly a glowing personality on air either.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Apparently Sens fans aren't too happy with Bobby Ryan. Would you make a trade: DD + Shaw for Ryan?

Think of Pacioretty + Ryan in the same ghost line (when they wake up though, it's gonna be brutal for the other teams).
Yes I'd make that trade. That contract is ugly and he is a bit of a ghost but he still has talent. I don't see Ottawa making this trade though, not unless they really wanted to dump that contract. Ryan's a legit top six player. He'd be an expensive 2nd liner but he's still got talent.

I'd look at better options before doing this though. That is a long expensive deal. The only reason I'd do it is because we're going for it now and Ryan can help us in the next year or two.
Very true. Just a hypothetical.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Saw some interesting trades on the Pacioretty trade thread.

Would you guys do Lee + Nelson + CDH for Pacioretty + Beaulieu + DD (for cap-hit reasons)? We upgrade in D and C with Nelson and CDH, but we lose in our LW depth. We might need to dump someone else to make it work cap wise.

Lines would look like
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lee - Nelson - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Carr - Mitchell - Danault
Flynn

CDH - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn/Barberio/Redmond
Pateryn/Barberio/Redmond

Our LW depth looks pretty ugly but down the middle we look pretty good. Only issues I see is 1) how good is Nelson defensively? 2) Our top 3 centers are all LH. It's good to have a mix of LH and RH for face-off purposes.

I'd be willing to add a 1st++ to upgrade Nelson to Tavares instead.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Pacioretty + Plekanec + 1st 2017 for Tavares + Ladd

Ladd is one of the worst contracts in the NHL, and will hurt NYI for a long time. Plekanec is expiring next year and is still a good shutdown C.

Also, I would either waive DD or trade him for a low pick, and I would call up McCarron.

Lehkonen – Tavares – Gallagher
Hudon – Galchenyuk – Radulov
Ladd – Danault – Shaw
Byron – Mitchell – McCarron

Emelin – Weber
Markov – Petry
Beaulieu – Redmond

Price

No way we take that awful contract of Ladd. We should ask for Strome who's in the dog house for whatever reason there. Or Beauvillier.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

For the record, I fully recant my post about Dreger and his sources. My eyes have been opened and I've seen the light.

Thanks Ferris!

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
There's no way we should be trading an established player like Pacioretty for a young player regardless of his long term potential. We should be concentrating on trading some young talent or draft picks and getting talent we need to win right now.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Trade Pacioretty,Beaulieu,Pateryn and 1st round pick for Duchene and take Beauchemin's contract back,then replace Pacioretty's scoring on the wing by trading McCarron,Nygren,JDL to Detroit for Tatar or hopefully Mantha.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
:panthers

Max Pacioretty
David Desharnais
2nd 2017

:habs

Vincent Trocheck
Michael Matheson

Then (in my dreams)

:rangers

Nathan Beaulieu
Michael McCarron
Rights to Nygren

:habs

The devil itself... Mr Chris Kreider.

Lekhonen-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Kreider-Trocheck-Gallagher
Byron-Plekanec-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Flynn/Carr

Emelin (Matheson?)-Weber
Markov-Petry
Matheson-Pateryn

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Paccioretty+ for Panarin

Panarin is better than Paccioretty... but most likely Chicago can not afford his contract so risk losing him to free agency. I'd throw in Beaulieu even.

Problem is that Chicago are still contending.. so doubtful

There are a bunch of options from NYI that have been gone over a lot already so I won't mention those.

SJS Vlasic.. perfect partner for Weber although is unlikely. Hertl an option, Big joe?

Calgary... Monahan?

Philly... maybe couterier or Ghost

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
No way we take that awful contract of Ladd. We should ask for Strome who's in the dog house for whatever reason there. Or Beauvillier.

Man... it's John Tavares. The guy's a point per game center playing with a bad team. I'll take on Ladd (who still netted 46 and 62 points these past two years) if it means this deal would get done. Unfortunately, it won't happen. JT is just way too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->