Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Title is so misleading, damn clickbait. They couldn't earn their clicks by being honest.

"LWOS could get shut down."
"LWOS could be the worst clickbait site in sports."

See how "could" works? Nice going, attention-w....

It's just a post disguised as an article. We produce tons in here.

LOLWOS

I read an article once, and that was enough.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Still can't believe some Hab fans want MB to trade for a 29 year old already somewhat declining OEL and his remaining 8.25m x 7 contract with a flat cap for maybe the next 2-3 years with a bunch of UFA's coming up after next season looking for raises plus new contracts for Suzuki and KK in the near future.

And then I read some of the pieces that are being thrown around for what the Habs would need to give up to acquire this guy. From that article above in this thread (if you can call it an article) for instance: Domi, Caufield, 2020 16th OV pick. From the comment section of that same "article": Domi, Danault, Poehling, 1st at a minimum. Jesus ****ing Christ.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Still can't believe some Hab fans want MB to trade for a 29 year old already somewhat declining OEL and his remaining 8.25m x 7 contract with a flat cap for maybe the next 2-3 years with a bunch of UFA's coming up after next season looking for raises plus new contracts for Suzuki and KK in the near future.

And then I read some of the pieces that are being thrown around for what the Habs would need to give up to acquire this guy. From that article above in this thread (if you can call it an article) for instance: Domi, Caufield, 2020 16th OV pick. From the comment section of that same "article": Domi, Danault, Poehling, 1st at a minimum. Jesus ****ing Christ.
Indeed this is killing me , gonna give way too much for what the return.
OEL is so god damn overrated , even Yotes fans on this board says is not even close to be worth that much. Already have Weber with an anchor contract and Price , People want to dump OEL also while we have Alzner and Byron still. ''But we just gonna let Petry walk away if we trade for him''. Id rather re-sign Petry for 2 years than trade for f***ing Overrated Ekman-Larsson.

Reactions: HOPE and sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Indeed this is killing me , gonna give way too much for what the return.
OEL is so god damn overrated , even Yotes fans on this board says is not even close to be worth that much. Already have Weber with an anchor contract and Price , People want to dump OEL also while we have Alzner and Byron still. ''But we just gonna let Petry walk away if we trade for him''. Id rather re-sign Petry for 2 years than trade for f***ing Overrated Ekman-Larsson.

And also what gets me is many on this board are calling for the Habs to do a rebuild and suddenly it's now lets trade a 25 year old Domi who put up 70+ points just last year, plus arguably the Habs top prospect in Caufield, plus a 2020 16th OV pick for a 29 year old defenseman making 8.25m x 7 who isn't really all that great defensively and will score 40-45 points a season.

Did getting included into the pity RTP format and then knocking off the Pens suddenly make some here think that this team is a OEL away from winning anything? I just don't get it with some wanting to trade for this guy and his remaining very large contract that he currently isn't living up to.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I would love to go after Forsberg if Nashville wanted to shake thing up.
Why would NSH want to trade him away? There’s 0 reason too. I’d love McDavid if Edmonton wanted to shake things up too :D
Nashville I think would like to get rid of the Johansen contract and after Duchenes play would even consider dumping him.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
And also what gets me is many on this board are calling for the Habs to do a rebuild and suddenly it's now lets trade a 25 year old Domi who put up 70+ points just last year, plus arguably the Habs top prospect in Caufield, plus a 2020 16th OV pick for a 29 year old defenseman making 8.25m x 7 who isn't really all that great defensively and will score 40-45 points a season.

Did getting included into the pity RTP format and then knocking off the Pens suddenly make some here think that this team is a OEL away from winning anything? I just don't get it with some wanting to trade for this guy and his remaining very large contract that he currently isn't living up to.

Domi, I get.
Trade him for similar value player who will play a position that will allow them to succeed.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He hasn't been worth close to 8 mil for 4 years. It's time to give up on him ever being a significant offensive producer. No interest unless Coyotes eat 3 or 4 million a year. If you are going to pay 8 mil a year it should be to Krug.
They can eat some money by sending Alzner the other way.......

Caufield+Kulak+Brook+Alzner+.....why not

for OEL and Crouse

Reactions: Runner77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

OEL alongside Weber would make a fantastic pair. No, we're not an OEL away and it makes no sense for Arizona to take Domi back, but he's still a #1 Dman and we shouldn't pass up an opportunity to land him.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Danault+Alzner and a few draft picks for oel has anyone done the math? Cause it's a measly 600k difference in cap hit. People here say oh you guys kept wanting a rebuild! Well guess what? We aren't getting a damn rebuild with price and Weber here and especially when mb as the GM. I think fans just want some actual change for once. People act like others can't change there minds like whatever they wanted first is set in stone get a grip people change there minds everyday on things.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
OEL alongside Weber would make a fantastic pair. No, we're not an OEL away and it makes no sense for Arizona to take Domi back, but he's still a #1 Dman and we shouldn't pass up an opportunity to land him.

I'd still rather try and pry a guy like a 23 year old LHD Vince Dunn out of St Louis for taking on one of the Blues cap clearing contracts so they can re-sign their captain instead of trading any of the top prospects and high picks being thrown around here for a 29 year old somewhat declining dman making 8.25m x 7.

If some feel it's a good idea to go all in to acquire a guy like OEL for top end picks and prospects then have at it but I'm not onboard with a move like that.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I'd still rather try and pry a guy like a 23 year old LHD Vince Dunn out of St Louis for taking on one of the Blues cap clearing contracts so they can re-sign their captain instead of trading any of the top prospects and high picks being thrown around here for a 29 year old somewhat declining dman making 8.25m x 7.

If some feel it's a good idea to go all in to acquire a guy like OEL for top end picks and prospects then have at it but I'm not onboard with a move like that.
Indeed this team should focus of getting assets around 21-25 year olds to keep the core fresh and at long term. A team like Winnipeg would make more sense for OEL since they badly need Dmans and have a good playoff core already.

Reactions: sheed36

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
You guys are nuts if you don't want OEL.

Hes been playing on an a mediocre hockey team for all his career but Id wager he can consistently put 50-60 pts on the habs.

And if you think his salary is too expensive or unwarranted ; yes exceptionally the cap is flat because of 2020 but I assure you this is most reasonable for a long time signed 1LD.

Hes better than Weber and Petry , younger and allows you to move one of them for a kings ransom later on.

If he is really available , we must actively try to acquire him.

I understand everyone wants a wingers and more offense but this move would improve this team the most long term and short term

Reactions: jaffy27

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Well it all depends on the direction the team wants to go in. I'd happily take on Dunn but I don't think St-Louis will part ways with him. That's a very high price to pay to get rid of salary.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
You guys are nuts if you don't want OEL.

Hes been playing on an a mediocre hockey team for all his career but Id wager he can consistently put 50-60 pts on the habs.

And if you think his salary is too expensive or unwarranted ; yes exceptionally the cap is flat because of 2020 but I assure you this is most reasonable for a long time signed 1LD.

Hes better than Weber and Petry , younger and allows you to move one of them for a kings ransom later on.

If he is really available , we must actively try to acquire him.

I understand everyone wants a wingers and more offense but this move would improve this team the most long term and short term
Agreed its like people forget how a team plays without a number 1 Dman. Look at the Oilers. They are humming and haaing about if OEL would be a fit for them but they have been so bad since Pronger left there team. They have a generational center and a super star playing at 2C for them and they have won nothing because they can't keep the puck out of there own net. OEL is an insurance when Weber either retires or is shipped back to the Preds. We have no one with t he potential of a number 1 Dman and we aren't going to suck enough in the next 3 years because of Price.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Good post but i think you overvalue OEL return with the Arizona situation and the fact most teams simply can't afford his salary with the tight cap. They badly need picks and moving OEL would confirm a full rebuild mode. I have no problem giving away our first-second and a top prospect like Caufield ( or any prospect not named Romanov/Norlinder/KK/Suzuki) for a proven number one Dman. Give some salary back like Byron and it's a no brainer. Unproven quantity for proven quality which fit our team needs and gives us the best top 4 in the league imo. Keeps the window open and fits Bergy mentality to compete now.

We have so many trading pieces in a favorable market, we need to take advantage...

My perfect summer?

OEL for first-second-third-Caufield-Byron
Mantha for Domi-Mete-third
Anderson for Lecky+second
Pipedream.... Something around Gaudreau for Gallagher++
Sign Crawford for one year

Drouin-Suzuki-Armia/Anderson
Gaudreau-KK-Mantha
Tatar-Danault-Anderson/Armia
scrub-Evans-scrub

OEL-Weber
Chariot/Romanov-Petry
Chariot/Romanov-Fleury/Juulsen
Kulak

This would be the most talented/violent D corps I've ever seen in Montreal.

There is scoring speed and size on all 3 lines.

Excuse you.

big_three_c.jpg

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Im watching dallas vs colorado. Radulov is the kind of big winger who win his board battle most of the time that we need. Am I too late? Radulov is like kevin hayes. You have to overpay that kind of player because they are rare in the nhl Lol. I just dont believe how bergevin missed this one... i mean. Its not just about july, when he signed with dallas. He could sign him in montreal all year long. This is the biggest bergevin mistake imo.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Lol sensitive much?

Maybe if you read my post you’d see I said he can’t be the only one acquired. But to refuse him because he’s small is stupid. The Habs leading scorer was Tatar who is a career 40 point player.

So no, I don’t give a shit if Gaudreau is 3’8, he gets points.

And the Habs teams have sucked because they had periods where their best centres were Yanic Perreault and Scott Gomez. Or their best defender Patrice Brisebois. Not because Mark Recchi and Mike Cammalleri were small.
Some ppl won’t be happy until we are drafting the Eric Chouinards again.

Reactions: le_sean

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Danault+Alzner and a few draft picks for oel has anyone done the math? Cause it's a measly 600k difference in cap hit. People here say oh you guys kept wanting a rebuild! Well guess what? We aren't getting a damn rebuild with price and Weber here and especially when mb as the GM. I think fans just want some actual change for once. People act like others can't change there minds like whatever they wanted first is set in stone get a grip people change there minds everyday on things.
Exactly. Our GM is not rebuilding. He had a golden opportunity in February to leverage Tatar, Petry, Drouin, or Domi for a 1st-round pick, but held onto them like security blankets. Like it or not, Bergevin is going to try building on what we have. A D like Larsson might do very well here, just like Petry when he came over from the black hole in Edmonton. No, OEL isn't enough, but he'd fill one of our biggest weaknesses.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Well it all depends on the direction the team wants to go in. I'd happily take on Dunn but I don't think St-Louis will part ways with him. That's a very high price to pay to get rid of salary.

I don't think the Blues would part with Dunn either but if the Blues want to keep AP they will need to move out some salary somewhere to get him re-signed so guys like Allen and Bozak look like the logical players to go. Steen as a NTC so he probably won't move. Last season the Leafs had to attach a 1st to Marleau to get him off their cap so it's also gonna cost the Blues something to move either a Allen or Bozak.

This is a very good opportunity for MB to exploit the Blues (or any team needing to clear cap) to get a very nice asset attached for taking on say Allen like he did in the Armia trade with the Jets. Allen could then be the backup to Price next season while Primeau gets the year in Laval.

Even though I highly doubt it happens hopefully the Blues really want AP back and become desperate enough to attach someone like Dunn to Allen for say their 2nd back + a B level prospect or something like that. If they won't move Dunn to help clear cap space threaten them with sending Dunn an OS up to the 2nd round pick threshold which would make it even harder for them to retain AP if they matched.

With some very valuable available cap space MB needs to be a shark and target these teams who need to clear cap and get something very good out of it. MB is in the drivers seat with some valuable cap space at his disposal this off season and he needs to take advantage of it like he did to get Armia.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Im watching dallas vs colorado. Radulov is the kind of big winger who win his board battle most of the time that we need. Am I too late? Radulov is like kevin hayes. You have to overpay that kind of player because they are rare in the nhl Lol. I just dont believe how bergevin missed this one... i mean. Its not just about july, when he signed with dallas. He could sign him in montreal all year long. This is the biggest bergevin mistake imo.
Yeah, Radulov is right up there with his biggest misses. And the worst part is that it wasn't that Bergevin simply guessed wrong, which would be forgivable. There was no guessing -- Radulov was a beast all year, including the playoff series against NYR. He was the most exciting player we had in years, probably since Kovalev. It defied all logic to let this guy slip through your fingers.

Reactions: Canadienna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad