Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
So would you guys have been ok with that return for Domi? (1st rounder, Hallander, etc etc)
Hell no. Domi worth so much more than that and even more of we take back salary. If this is foreshadowing the off season, we should make out like bandits, especially now that teams are already geting ahead of the curve and less options are available to teams who are in cap hell.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Domi and Danault dosen’t have the same role. Danault is a great fit on a 3rd line who can play all the big defensive minutes and let KK/Suzuki with the offensive mission. Domi can’t do that
I've maintained for awhile that KK will be Danault's replacement. So it would be Zuk, Domi, KK.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hell no. Domi worth so much more than that and even more of we take back salary. If this is foreshadowing the off season, we should make out like bandits, especially now that teams are already geting ahead of the curve and less options are available to teams who are in cap hell.

Bet you Pens fans are going to say Kapanen is worth more than Domi cause they traded for him :laugh:

Reactions: Sterling Archer

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I've maintained for awhile that KK will be Danault's replacement. So it would be Zuk, Domi, KK.

KK will be better than Domi, imo. He already showed that he can be in his last 10 games (yes, small sample size). And KK hasn’t hit his peak yet, he’s still years away from it.

I’m also not sure if Domi wants to be a Hab anymore and I don’t think he’ll replicate his 72 point season with them.

In saying that having depth at the centre position is a very good thing to have and if they trade Domi and Danault leaves as a free agent that makes a big impact on their depth.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

So KK's Eller?

I mean it could happen but a lot would have to go wrong. I mean surely you can see how much room he has for improvement since he's 20.

KK's displayed 2x the amount of offensive skill and acumen in these last playoffs than Danault has shown in his whole career.

I just can't see anyone watching those playoffs and thinking this guy has 3rd liner upside. I also can't imagine thinking Domi will ultimately be the better C.

It's either you think that's his upside or his upside is higher but through some perceived defect in KK's person you don't think he can reach his upside.

Reactions: Gravity

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If Danault is a man of his word then MB will pay 6 million for a third line center or Danault will leave. So that Zuk, KK, Danault doesn't look all that good anymore

if it's for 3 years, it's doesn't hurt us because KK and Suzuki are on their Rookie contract or their bridge contract. more than 3 years could be a problem though but I don't think Danault will get 6m AAV I see more 5 AAV like Pageau

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
So KK's Eller?

I mean it could happen but a lot would have to go wrong. I mean surely you can see how much room he has for improvement since he's 20.

KK's displayed 2x the amount of offensive skill and acumen in these last playoffs than Danault has shown in his whole career.

I just can't see anyone watching those playoffs and thinking this guy has 3rd liner upside. I also can't imagine thinking Domi will ultimately be the better C.

It's either you think that's his upside or his upside is higher but through some perceived defect in KK's person you don't think he can reach his upside.
Honestly, all the improvement I saw in KK was in the Danault area of expertise. Did you really see a great offensive display from KK. He hit and hit often and he was responsible in his own end but where was the hockey IQ everyone raves about? I didn't see it.

But I could be wrong and he develops into the offensive juggernaut everyone sees. My point is let's not be in a hurry to get rid of our 4 centers. What if you trade Domi and I'm wrong about KK and he develops into a #2 and Danault cries in his soup and wants out or refuses to sign here. In the blink of an eye, we've gone from 4 top 3 centers to two.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Honestly, all the improvement I saw in KK was in the Danault area of expertise. Did you really see a great offensive display from KK. He hit and hit often and he was responsible in his own end but where was the hockey IQ everyone raves about? I didn't see it.

But I could be wrong and he develops into the offensive juggernaut everyone sees. My point is let's not be in a hurry to get rid of our 4 centers. What if you trade Domi and I'm wrong about KK and he develops into a #2 and Danault cries in his soup and wants out or refuses to sign here. In the blink of an eye, we've gone from 4 top 3 centers to two.

Still have Poehling who I still think that he can be a 3rd line center and you can still sign a 3rd line center in the UFA. They are not that hard to find

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Surperior niemi

Feb 2, 2019
If Danault wanted to get more than 5M then the Habs shoukd trade him.
Something built around Danault getting $5M AAV I would have no issues with,

8 yrs $5M AAV I'd take dovetailing as the contract moves forward, you lock in your 3rd line center for the long term, you get Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.

VoladorJr

May 6, 2019
How about looking at Brett Connolly and Serron Noel for Max Domi ?

Why would MTL do that ?
I understand that Domi's value might be bigger than that, however acquiring Connolly and Noel would balance our lineup and prospect pool. A player like Connolly is really appealing, considering MTL's depth chart. He's big, can play both wings, has a great contract and won the cup - that has a lot of value to me.

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia / Connolly
Tatar - KK - Gallagher
Byron / Leks - Danault - Armia / Connolly
Poehling - Evans - Byron / Leks

Habs could let Noel play under Bouchard for a year of two.

Why would the Panthers do that ?
Domi would help the Panthers - I read that one of Hoffman or Dadonov will leave, so aquiring a player like Domi would help the Cats. His skillset could be beneficial for a young sniper like Tippett.

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Vatrano - Domi - Tippett

But, trades wihtin our own division are difficult.

I accept the critics, flame away.

Cheers.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

lol yeah but there's a huge difference between Danault and an 'offensive juggernaut'.

I saw 4 goals. 2 posts and a tip that went off the nub of Hart's stick. For a newly minted 20 year old that's pretty damn good. Plenty of really good possessions. I mean he's 20 lol. He absolutely displayed the upside for a top 6 C. Sure maybe it doesn't happen but to not think a 20 year old putting on that kind of performance can still get better I just don't know.

I see this a lot and I wonder is it that you don't see the upside at all? Or because you just don't see that he's a top 6 C RIGHT NOW? Because there's a huge difference. Not many 20 year olds just don't get better when he's been showing the development curve he's displaying. I mean it happens but again serious things would have to go wrong like with Galchenyuk.

Like do you have to be Datsyuk with the puck to have people think you can be a top 6 now? lol. His skill level isn't mind bending but the tools are all pretty high level. His shot is heavy as hell and was really starting to get it working. I don't think his passing was as impressive as it was in the AHL stint but he made quite a few nifty ones. The vision is absolutely there. These two things alone I've never seen Danault display even the slightest hint at. Let alone the offensive IQ and the hands, etc. I would've liked to have seen a bit more of certain things but he showed a huge improvement. He pretty much has to not put an ounce of muscle or get even a bit better skating and have all his skill regress to be a 3rd line C imo. That to me is just not that likely.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Tatar-Suzuki-
-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Lekhonen-UFA Center-Armia
Byron-Evans-Poehling

-Weber
Romanov?-Petry
Kulak/Mete/Chiarot-Juulsen/Brook/Fleury

Price
#2 @ 2/3Ms

Use Danault, Drouin, Tatar, Domi, Ylonen, Juulsen/Fleury, one of the LDs prospect except Romanov, Chiarot, Mete, Kulak.

Theres too much quantity on this team, use this to land two or three key players.

UFA signing stop gaps to wait on Poehling, Evans or a more permanent fixture as a trade or signing:
Mikko Koivu
Cody Eakin
Soderberg
Thornton ?

One year and done type of deal or 3 years for Eakin

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
So now,
13,90 and 24 all need to be on the market. Aim to get solid wingers around 14 and 15's age either as players or prospects.
I'd keep Tatar
Sure he's not a playoff beast, still a very decent player in the regular season.
The other two are as good as gone. Hopefully we can maximise the return.

Package them both for a VERY solid return?

Reactions: Rozz and Gravity

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So now,
13,90 and 24 all need to be on the market. Aim to get solid wingers around 14 and 15's age either as players or prospects.

This puts us in a great position to finally be able to realistically achieve that goal. Thanks for the impetus, Philip.

Reactions: Gravity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad