Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'd really pursue Colorado to see what they would give up for Price.
I would love for us to trade Price to Colorado, regardless of the return. You know my position about a full rebuild. That being said, I feel like Colorado has a few options on The UFA route. Lehner, Markstrom and Khudobin might not be at the Price level, but they are performing quite well in these playoffs and will only cost a contract.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Sorry I should have said no one wants Price at that cap hit. Yes other players are over paid but not at goal and not by as much as 2.5 - 3.5m per season for the next what is it? 7 years?
You called Austin Matthews a superstar. The guy scored 80 pts once in his career. If he's a super star, Price is a God who's well worth his contract.

The cap hit is more an issue because only a few other teams could fit him in, not because he's more worth 8M than 10M. There's always a possibility in retaining 1M or 2M if the return is worth it.
Price is an excellent goalie, say he's got a big cap hit if you want, I agree, but he's excellent.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I would love for us to trade Price to Colorado, regardless of the return. You know my position about a full rebuild. That being said, I feel like Colorado has a few options on The UFA route. Lehner, Markstrom and Khudobin might not be at the Price level, but they are performing quite well in these playoffs and will only cost a contract.
I think going that route gives them a level of doubt, Lehner and Khudobin aren't much different than Grubauer, might as well just keep him.
Markstrom likely re-signs in Vancouver.
Price gives them security. Their goaltending position would be filled.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
You called Austin Matthews a superstar. The guy scored 80 pts once in his career. If he's a super star, Price is a God who's well worth his contract.

The cap hit is more an issue because only a few other teams could fit him in, not because he's more worth 8M than 10M. There's always a possibility in retaining 1M or 2M if the return is worth it.
Price is an excellent goalie, say he's got a big cap hit if you want, I agree, but he's excellent.
What!?!? you want to retain on Price? my god I think we are done here lets agree to disagree.

Reactions: Kimota

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What!?!? you want to retain on Price? my god I think we are done here lets agree to disagree.
''if the return is worth it''...finish to read the sentence, and obviously there is a limit to how much I'd be willing to retain. Use a bit of common sense.

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
I could seriously see Vegas taking a chance on Domi. Their third line is currently formed of Cousins - Roy - Tuch. Roy and Tuch are super fine, but Domi would certainly be an upgrade over Cousins. Roy can also be used on fourth with Carrier and Reaves, and Domi used at C. Paul Stastny is currently the second line C, but that could change next season. If the possibilities for second line C are Glass, Stastny and Domi, while having Krebs in the system, you definitely have depth.
In return, I could see Hague coming back (huge LD), maybe even Nicolas Roy, this year or next first or one of 2021 2nd rd pick. Pavel Dorofeyev is also an interesting prospect.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'm thinking Danault has great value in the NHL. With Winnipeg always having issues with their centers, I wonder if Danault in a package for Laine could work. I already have his nickname for Montreal "Pure Laine". :)

Reactions: Habs Icing

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I could seriously see Vegas taking a chance on Domi. Their third line is currently formed of Cousins - Roy - Tuch. Roy and Tuch are super fine, but Domi would certainly be an upgrade over Cousins. Roy can also be used on fourth with Carrier and Reaves, and Domi used at C. Paul Stastny is currently the second line C, but that could change next season. If the possibilities for second line C are Glass, Stastny and Domi, while having Krebs in the system, you definitely have depth.
In return, I could see Hague coming back (huge LD), maybe even Nicolas Roy, this year or next first or one of 2021 2nd rd pick. Pavel Dorofeyev is also an interesting prospect.

Asking price would be Glass or Kreps plus first round pick.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I don't think the Blues would part with Dunn either but if the Blues want to keep AP they will need to move out some salary somewhere to get him re-signed so guys like Allen and Bozak look like the logical players to go. Steen as a NTC so he probably won't move. Last season the Leafs had to attach a 1st to Marleau to get him off their cap so it's also gonna cost the Blues something to move either a Allen or Bozak.

This is a very good opportunity for MB to exploit the Blues (or any team needing to clear cap) to get a very nice asset attached for taking on say Allen like he did in the Armia trade with the Jets. Allen could then be the backup to Price next season while Primeau gets the year in Laval.

Even though I highly doubt it happens hopefully the Blues really want AP back and become desperate enough to attach someone like Dunn to Allen for say their 2nd back + a B level prospect or something like that. If they won't move Dunn to help clear cap space threaten them with sending Dunn an OS up to the 2nd round pick threshold which would make it even harder for them to retain AP if they matched.

With some very valuable available cap space MB needs to be a shark and target these teams who need to clear cap and get something very good out of it. MB is in the drivers seat with some valuable cap space at his disposal this off season and he needs to take advantage of it like he did to get Armia.
I'd gladly give them our 1st pick AND help them clear salary. Normally, you wouldn't get Dunn for a mid 1st rounder. Why not do it if we can get back a good player who's also in Suzuki's/Kotkaniemi's age bracket and plays a position of need?

There are times to look for a bargain deal, but this is not the case to be stingy. If Dunn is indeed on the marked, we should pounce and outbid the other teams. We have the advantage of being from a different conference, we can take either one of Allen's (who, incidentally, fills a need) or Bozak's contract, we have loads of prospects and picks even after giving away a 1st. What we lack is proven building blocks to reinforce Suzuki/Kotkaniemi as well as provide immediate help.

The only argument against that I see is if Dunn is not really as good as it seems.

Last edited:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
All right, so I've just aquired Vince Dunn on the main board for the price of our 1st round pick and taking Allen's contract.

We'd have to add one of our 2nd round picks if that's what's required to outbid another team.

Amazingly, the Blues fans don't want the great Victor Mete.

This deal solves two issues in one swoop, without having to blow up the salary structure for OEL.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Dallas by far biggest weakness/need is more talent at F/C, so why would they trade one of their best F/C?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
So in a few seasons we will have Price, Weber and OEL, in their 30's, taking 30mil in Cap Space with several years on their contracts.
Why don't we just sell Tatar, Petry, Price, Domi, Drouin and Byron for prospects and 1st round picks instead?
We aren't winning the cup by adding OEL.

The way this team drafts and how no free agent wants to sign here, we're not winning the cup that way, either,so I guess it doesn't matter which way the team goes ?

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
All right, so I've just aquired Vince Dunn on the main board for the price of our 1st round pick and taking Allen's contract.

We'd have to add one of our 2nd round picks if that's what's required to outbid another team.

Amazingly, the Blues fans don't want the great Victor Mete.

This deal solves two issues in one swoop, without having to blow up the salary structure for OEL.
What do you mean "taking" Allen's contract ? Good, almost underpaid GK and year left on contract. In reality Dunn and Allen would cost ridiculously more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->