Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I know Galchenyuk looks terrible right now but honestly if we have any chance he's gotta be a top 2 centre on this team. The problem is when they finally put him at centre he had to be the no 1 guy.

Danault has played really well but he can't be a top 2 centre if we're going to go anywhere. Hanzal might help, but then you either have to move Plekanec or put Danault back on the wing, which would be ok (plus he'd be available to fill in at centre when Hanzal inevitably got injured). Someone like Duchene or RNH would be fantastic, but that's far from a likely scenario considering what assets we have.

Give Julien some time to work with Galchenyuk, he's a much better player than he's showing and putting him on wing will not help him. He's a much better centre than winger and he's easily the best offensive centre we have by a mile. Let Julien shelter him for now and teach him how to use and support his teammates in the D zone and he'll be a really good top 2 centre by playoffs. Don't forget how good this kid is. He's unbelievable in the middle of the ice and can do things no one else on the team can do. He can consistently beat guys one on one entering the zone and that's a special skill.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Gallagher + Sergachev + Beaulieu + 1st in 08 + fucale

For duchene and Zadorov

Then we trade for sharp by retaining on Emelin ?

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I know it's the trade proposal thread... but some proposal I see when you trade half the team is not only unrealistic but also unchareteristic of Bergevin. I expect Bergevin to get us 1 or 2 players at his price. Many see him as desesperate I don't. I think his plan to wait and see failed simply because all the top draft picks did not developed as he had hoped (Galchenyuk, Scherbak, McCarron, Tinordi, Beaulieu, De la rose). Now I could see him offer more urgency by trading away prospects and draft picks but I don't expect him to trade away any core players at least not now... maybe at season end.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I know Galchenyuk looks terrible right now but honestly if we have any chance he's gotta be a top 2 centre on this team. The problem is when they finally put him at centre he had to be the no 1 guy.

Danault has played really well but he can't be a top 2 centre if we're going to go anywhere. Hanzal might help, but then you either have to move Plekanec or put Danault back on the wing, which would be ok (plus he'd be available to fill in at centre when Hanzal inevitably got injured). Someone like Duchene or RNH would be fantastic, but that's far from a likely scenario considering what assets we have.

Give Julien some time to work with Galchenyuk, he's a much better player than he's showing and putting him on wing will not help him. He's a much better centre than winger and he's easily the best offensive centre we have by a mile. Let Julien shelter him for now and teach him how to use and support his teammates in the D zone and he'll be a really good top 2 centre by playoffs. Don't forget how good this kid is. He's unbelievable in the middle of the ice and can do things no one else on the team can do. He can consistently beat guys one on one entering the zone and that's a special skill.

Exactly. Galchenyuk is much better than he's shown in the past few weeks. Let's not forget that before his injury in December he was over a point a game. His pace so far still equates to 63 in 82 games.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I wont go ahead and quote everyone who quoted my proposals.

BUT...

Obviously they are not the flashiest proposals, which dont include sexy names. And beloved players like the Gallys are traded away in my proposals, but i feel that at the moment, we have a glut of forwards who have no specific role, and dont excel at anything in particular. I feel like the players in my proposals do.

Its not the first time proposals that arent clear wins for the Habs are frowned upon. Not surprised.

Also...

Of course I know 5 new players wont be added. It was for fun and discussion :shakehead

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They can sign but they've to pass throught waivers. So not worth it.

KHL Playoffs have just started (http://en.khl.ru/standings/). Not sure how long they last but the team Shipachev Plays for (SKA St. Petersburg) is loaded with talent and should go on a deep playoff run. I suspect their playoffs end somewhere around when the NHL playoffs begin. That is when Shipachev's could possibly play in the NHL but I'm not sure if that happens this season.

Look for Shipachev rumors in the NHL starting in the off season. He may just be trying to get a larger KHL contract by threatening to leave for the NHL though. Who knows. Lets hope Radulov resigns with the Habs and both Markov and Shipachev sign for team friendly deals.

Jul 6, 2016
KHL Playoffs have just started (http://en.khl.ru/standings/). Not sure how long they last but the team Shipachev Plays for (SKA St. Petersburg) is loaded with talent and should go on a deep playoff run. I suspect their playoffs end somewhere around when the NHL playoffs begin. That is when Shipachev's could possibly play in the NHL but I'm not sure if that happens this season.

Look for Shipachev rumors in the NHL starting in the off season. He may just be trying to get a larger KHL contract by threatening to leave for the NHL though. Who knows. Lets hope Radulov resigns with the Habs and both Markov and Shipachev sign for team friendly deals.

Shipachev ain't a young Spring chicken anymore. He is close to 30. How could he adapt to NHL hockey, smaller rinks, etc... And he's gonna demand a fortune.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Gallagher, Lehkonen, Byron, Shaw.....and you can add Andrighetto and even Hudon. Lack of size on the wing in our middle-six is a problem.

One way or the other, that must change.

Agreed, and of that list, I think Gallagher is most redundant.

Lehkonen is on an ELC and has a better shot and more offensive potential than Gally. He's also solid on the PK. Byron has elite speed to compliment any line and is very good on the PK. Shaw and Gally bring similar things but I think Shaw is tougher, a better skater, and an all-around better player.

We should trade Gally+ for an upgrade if the opportunity is out there.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Shipachev ain't a young Spring chicken anymore. He is close to 30. How could he adapt to NHL hockey, smaller rinks, etc... And he's gonna demand a fortune.

Yes Shipachev is not young anymore but he's younger than Pleky and faster! Both play a soft game so that cancels.

What will be his contract? Well its a factor of him wanting to play with fellow Russians and if he can fit in the cap. I suspect $3M AAV for 3 years would be a good deal and probably the most he would get would be a one year deal at $4M but that's pushing it IMO.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gallagher, Lehkonen, Byron, Shaw.....and you can add Andrighetto and even Hudon. Lack of size on the wing in our middle-six is a problem.

One way or the other, that must change.

100% agree. Size on the wings are a problem and becomes a bigger problem in the playoffs when it gets rougher along the boards.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Starting to really want Hanzal on this team...

Checks a lot of boxes off for the Habs, issue is you'd have to move Plekanec out before acquiring him.

Move Chucky to the wing, done!

Danault
Hanzal
Plekanec
Mitchell

Strong two-way center line. It's what you need during the PO.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Danault
Hanzal
Plekanec
Mitchell

I'm not appose to Chucky on the wing or center. Whatever works for the team. But lets not screw with him too much until after he gets resigned to a long term deal.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'm not appose to Chucky on the wing or center. Whatever works for the team. But lets not screw with him too much until after he gets resigned to a long term deal.

If they get Hanzal , I don't think we'll be able to keep him for the next year. Chucky will get back to center and have a whole season to improve.

I want him to have success at center, it's what this team needs. But he's just not good enough right now...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If they get Hanzal , I don't think we'll be able to keep him for the next year. Chucky will get back to center and have a whole season to improve.

I want him to have success at center, it's what this team needs. But he's just not good enough right now...

I wonder what the price in the end will be to acquire Hanzal? It's funny to me he was "sick" when the Habs faced him down in Arizona back on Feb 9th? Hanzal is what the Habs need... a Big center that can skate. He's not physical and has injury history but if it's a 1st round pick or a 2nd round pick + 2nd tier prospect, I make the deal. Anything more than that, no way! Too risky!

malton

Feb 17, 2009

Danault
Hanzal
Plekanec
Mitchell

Two-way would insinuate that there is some offense there. We'd be basically running 4 defensive minded C's.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Two-way would insinuate that there is some offense there. We'd be basically running 4 defensive minded C's.

Hanzal's offensive game is underrated IMO. That Arizona team is atrocious.

He was on pace for 53 points last year, that's respectable production.

The Pac-Danault-Rads line just works , they have a ton of chances game after game. Danault takes care of the defensive assignments and Rads takes over in the offensive zone...

The PO are tight checking games where errors will kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad