Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Starting to really want Hanzal on this team...

Checks a lot of boxes off for the Habs, issue is you'd have to move Plekanec out before acquiring him.

I know people would probably flip out,

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov
Galchenyuk - Hanzal - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - McCarron - Mitchell

PP 1

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
As a minor deal, If Pateryn is truly available (which I'd like not to), I'd like to swing a deal to bring more offense (even if those 2 are not good on the D-side).

Two logical candidates:

Sam Gagner (Always liked his creativity. Guy is awful defensively but always put an average of 40pts/season.)

Brandon Pirri (Deadly wrister, not much else. Pierre Dagenais 2017 version. Could score a couple of PP goals for us)

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
As a minor deal, If Pateryn is truly available (which I'd like not to), I'd like to swing a deal to bring more offense (even if those 2 are not good on the D-side).

Two logical candidates:

Sam Gagner (Always liked his creativity. Guy is awful defensively but always put an average of 40pts/season.)

Brandon Pirri (Deadly wrister, not much else. Pierre Dagenais 2017 version. Could score a couple of PP goals for us)

To me I think we need a defensmen coming back... we've seen we have a serious lack of NHL quality defence after #7.

I wonder if a deal around Pateryn for Wideman would make sense. UFA, would be good on our bottom pairing, could step into our 2nd pairing if needed.

Franson would be another logical replacement. imo.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I know people would probably flip out,

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov
Galchenyuk - Hanzal - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Shaw
Byron - McCarron - Mitchell

PP 1

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

I think you'd need to start the PP with Hanzal as he's over 60% on PP FOs. Not winning any is the Habs biggest downfall on the power play.

I'm warming up to him. Big, wins faceoffs. As long as the price isn't too high. I like the idea of Galchenyuk on the wing.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Checks a lot of boxes off for the Habs, issue is you'd have to move Plekanec out before acquiring him.

The only issue that made me hesitant to want him is his injury occurence. But he's been healthy this year. He hasn't missed that many games and 1 or 2 were taken for personal reasons and not injury. So ignore the number of games missed because they weren't all due to injury. In fact, he's been healthier than Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Shaw, and Markov this season.

I would definitely try to get him as a rental. If we do, I don't think we'll overpay simply based on MB's comments that he won't give up his top prospects for quick fixes like a rental.

I'll maybe try to sell Arizona on taking Pateryn and Desharnais + a 1st or two 2nds. The reason I add a 1st or two 2nds is to entice Arizona enough to take both players (especially DD). It might be the cost for getting him off our hands.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I won't get specific but I don't like your proposed trades and I don't think your suggested roster would get far in the playoffs.

I think these are the kind of trades and players MB will go for. He will swing for the fences for a Duchene type, and land a couple lesser players like Hansen and Eaves.

Personally I am just being realistic. Duchene wont come cheap, and instead of trading Sergachev,McCarron, id rather take a straight upgrade in Duchene vs Galchy. Alot has to do with the fact that i think they just dont have the faith in AG to keep him around while he figures out the other half of his game.

Hansen would also be more useful then Gallagher. The ``leadership`` and grind only take you so far. I dont think he is a 25 goal scorer, and if he is just here to hustle and do the small things right. Hansen does those things better.

Sherbak is not a top prospect and we have loads of second picks. Eaves could be a good element on the wing to finish.

I know alot here are infatuated with AG and Gallagher, and dont get me wrong, i love them both, but Im starting to realize that maybe, some fresh faces who have more specific roles could be more effective.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011

I've been wanting him for a while as well, only issue I see is re-signing him in the summer. The price for him will be high, I can't imagine MB going for it unless he truly believes he will re-sign here. Unless Plekanec goes somehow, we won't have the space to sign Hanzal. Plus with Hanzal, Pleks becomes a bit redundant anyways.

Also how does everyone feel about Pateryn for Curtis Lazar? He's obviously been struggling, but for a former first round pick, he might have a bit left to give and eventually become a solid 3rd liner. Lazar's value is probably as low as it'll get right now.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I've been wanting him for a while as well, only issue I see is re-signing him in the summer. The price for him will be high, I can't imagine MB going for it unless he truly believes he will re-sign here. Unless Plekanec goes somehow, we won't have the space to sign Hanzal. Plus with Hanzal, Pleks becomes a bit redundant anyways.

Also how does everyone feel about Pateryn for Curtis Lazar? He's obviously been struggling, but for a former first round pick, he might have a bit left to give and eventually become a solid 3rd liner. Lazar's value is probably as low as it'll get right now.

Lazar might have been one of my favorite prospect heading into a draft, I've followed a lot of his play in the NHL, he's bad and he's done. All the tools that used to look great in juniors didn't get the memo to go to Ottawa.

He's a dime a dozen player, not even a good 4th liner most often.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Lazar might have been one of my favorite prospect heading into a draft, I've followed a lot of his play in the NHL, he's bad and he's done. All the tools that used to look great in juniors didn't get the memo to go to Ottawa.

He's a dime a dozen player, not even a good 4th liner most often.

Agreed, I think at best he will be a 3rd line center. A Chris Kelly type

We have a much superior 3rd liner in Danault

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I think you'd need to start the PP with Hanzal as he's over 60% on PP FOs. Not winning any is the Habs biggest downfall on the power play.

I'm warming up to him. Big, wins faceoffs. As long as the price isn't too high. I like the idea of Galchenyuk on the wing.

Certainly a good consideration. Let Galchenyuk come out on the fly.

I have no problem moving Galchenyuk to the wing for the rest of the season if we are a better team for it. He'll get another 60+ games next year and hopefully by the next deadline we've seen a good step forward from AG in terms of being a more complete center.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
:flames

Mikhaïl Sergachev
Tomas Plekanec
2nd 2017
2nd 2018
DD

:habs

Sean Monahan
Dennis Wideman (50% retained)

This is if Treveling believes he can run a 1-2C punch of Backlund & Bennett + Plekanec

Cheap 2LW option

:cbj

Greg Pateryn
4th 2017

Sam Gagner

or

Greg Pateryn
Daniel Carr
3rd 2017

Scott Hartnell (Friedman said earlier on the year he decided to waive his NMC)

Pacioretty-Monahan-Gallagher
Hartnell/Gagner-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Lehkonen-McCarron-Mitchell

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Wideman

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I think we should look seriously at moving Gallagher.

I'm just not sure what he brings anymore. Shaw IMO is a better player at this point and if we re-sign Radulov, we have some decent stability on RW. It would also allow Galchenyuk to move to RW if that's the direction they want to go. If not, we could look at picking up someone like Hansen, who would at least add speed to the lineup.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Jesus.... Talks about Hanzal again?

I prefer to sacrify 10-12 seconds of my powerplay and having an offensive asset than a 35-40 pts player on command ans sacrify to whole 1st wave. Its like thinking Andrew Shaw is a solution for the PP... Its not even a sarcasm.

If you realy want someone good on circles able to help offensivly, you should ask Tyler Bozak even if he's sometimes off defensivly.

Better have someone good with the puck than one without...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think we should look seriously at moving Gallagher.

I'm just not sure what he brings anymore. Shaw IMO is a better player at this point and if we re-sign Radulov, we have some decent stability on RW. It would also allow Galchenyuk to move to RW if that's the direction they want to go. If not, we could look at picking up someone like Hansen, who would at least add speed to the lineup.

Gallagher, Lehkonen, Byron, Shaw.....and you can add Andrighetto and even Hudon. Lack of size on the wing in our middle-six is a problem.

One way or the other, that must change.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
:flames

Mikhaïl Sergachev
Tomas Plekanec
2nd 2017
2nd 2018
DD

Sean Monahan
Dennis Wideman (50% retained)

This is if Treveling believes he can run a 1-2C punch of Backlund & Bennett + Plekanec

Cheap 2LW option

Greg Pateryn
4th 2017

Sam Gagner

or

Greg Pateryn
Daniel Carr
3rd 2017

Scott Hartnell (Friedman said earlier on the year he decided to waive his NMC)

Pacioretty-Monahan-Gallagher
Hartnell/Gagner-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Lehkonen-McCarron-Mitchell

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Wideman

No team wants Wideman, he's a target by the league refs and a piece of garbage in general. Have you seen the penalties ? He's a marked man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad