Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I could totally see a big trade with Chicago with multiple pieces going in either direction involving Patches, Shaw, Saad, picks etc... Same with Edmonton and Minny as well tbh.

Reactions: DXStriker

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I think we all know what Max can do when is playing well and with confidence. If Max starts off the season on a hot streak and steals the show, is everybody here going to be ok with still trading him? If by miracle we’re in a playoff spot or only a few points back, and decide to go for it come trade deadline, than is everyone ok with resigning him to a 5-6 year deal at a high cap hit because we cannot lose him to free angency for nothing.
There are a few scenarios where it gets complicated still having Max on our team.

If he gets hot in the first month it’s even more important to trade him. A few injuries in the league, even better.

Let’s hope he can raise his value in the first month or so.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'd much rather fire MB and hire anyone we want. Bowman hasn't been exactly stellar as of late, although he would be an upgrade.

He is another who inherited his core from the previous GM. He hasn't done much since then. For every good move, he does a terrible one. He has been giving a lot of terrible contracts as well.

I would also pick someone else

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'd go after Michael McLeod from New Jersey for Max. I doubt we can get a big return for him anyway. We'd be lucky to get a 1st unless he starts the season in Montreal like a lion and pots goals on a clip. 2nd to worst case scenario for Bergevin is he gets what he had to pay for Vanek at the TDL (a 2nd and a Collberg-like prospect)

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
To NJ: Pacioretty and Benn
To MTL: Severson, McLeod and a 2nd round pick

Future Lineup:

Drouin - Kotkaniemi "A" - Ylonen
Domi - Poehling - Gallagher "C"
Lehkonen - McLeod - Scherbak
De La Rose - Olofsson - Hudon

(2019 1st rnd) - Juulsen "A"
Mete - Severson
Romanov - Brooks

Primeau
McNiven

Reactions: vokiel

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Drouin Kotka Ylonen
Domi Poehling Lehkonen
Hudon Danault Sherbak
McShane Olofsson Hillis Evans Armia Ikonen

Mete Weber
Romanov Juulsen
Tyszka Brook
Walford Fleury

Price
Primeau

This is our depth with current prospects and excluding what we'll get in addition for trading Patches, Shaw, Byron, Benn, Alzner, Schlemko. Seems like we need to shore up on left wing and left D the most but of course, you can never have enough centers either... Given we'll suck pretty badly this year and the additional picks we'll get for next years draft and that some of the players above will be ready to compete for NHL spots, the reset/rebuild is well underway.

Assuming we dump the excess before and during the season, we have an excellent draft and prospect pool to dive into as well as more cap than most any, if not any of the top tier spending teams. We could theoretically go after the highest end free agents to bolster the lineup of youth and help usher in a new team. If we can land a center like Seguin, a left winger like Panarin and trade for a top 2 LHPMD, we'd be right up there in terms of competitiveness and youth for the future.

PLAYERTEAMARB. ELIG
q2.svg
EXPIRYAGEPOSHandedSALARYCAP HIT ▾
1. Jason Spezza UFA35CRight$7,500,000$7,500,000
2. Sergei Bobrovsky UFA29GLeft$6,200,000$7,425,000
3. Pekka Rinne UFA35GLeft$7,000,000$7,000,000
4. Erik Karlsson UFA28DRight$7,500,000$6,500,000
5. Jordan Eberle UFA28RWRight$6,000,000$6,000,000
6. Matt Duchene UFA27C, LWLeft$6,500,000$6,000,000
7. Joe Pavelski UFA34C, RWRight$6,000,000$6,000,000
8. Artemi Panarin UFA26LWRight$6,000,000$6,000,000
9. Semyon Varlamov UFA30GLeft$5,500,000$5,900,000
10. Tyler Seguin UFA26C, RWRight$6,500,000$5,750,000
11. Jeff Skinner UFA26LW, RWLeft$6,000,000$5,725,000
12. Mike Smith UFA36GRight$5,000,000$5,666,667
13. Blake Wheeler UFA31RWRight$5,800,000$5,600,000
14. Jason Pominville UFA35RWRight$5,000,000$5,600,000
15. Jacob TroubaRFA24DRight$5,500,000$5,500,000
16. Tyler Myers UFA28DRight$3,000,000$5,500,000
17. Dave Bolland UFA32CRight$5,500,000$5,500,000
18. Jay Bouwmeester UFA34DLeft$5,400,000$5,400,000
19. Jimmy Howard UFA34GLeft$4,250,000$5,291,666
20. Derick Brassard UFA30CLeft$3,500,000$5,000,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He is another who inherited his core from the previous GM. He hasn't done much since then. For every good move, he does a terrible one. He has been giving a lot of terrible contracts as well.

I would also pick someone else

He managed to get them out of cap hell after their 2010 win and win a couple more Stanley Cups which I always found impressive. But he also had some help from cap circumventing contracts with Keith and Hossa. Tallon definitely helped set the building blocks and he hasn’t been good for several years. Since they signed Kane and Toews to those contracts, they seem to be struggling managing the cap.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Drouin Kotka Ylonen
Domi Poehling Lehkonen
Hudon Danault Sherbak
McShane Olofsson Hillis Evans Armia Ikonen

Mete Weber
Romanov Juulsen
Tyszka Brook
Walford Fleury

Price
Primeau

This is our depth with current prospects and excluding what we'll get in addition for trading Patches, Shaw, Byron, Benn, Alzner, Schlemko. Seems like we need to shore up on left wing and left D the most but of course, you can never have enough centers either... Given we'll suck pretty badly this year and the additional picks we'll get for next years draft and that some of the players above will be ready to compete for NHL spots, the reset/rebuild is well underway.

Assuming we dump the excess before and during the season, we have an excellent draft and prospect pool to dive into as well as more cap than most any, if not any of the top tier spending teams. We could theoretically go after the highest end free agents to bolster the lineup of youth and help usher in a new team. If we can land a center like Seguin, a left winger like Panarin and trade for a top 2 LHPMD, we'd be right up there in terms of competitiveness and youth for the future.

From the above list, Panarin is the player that intrigues me the most. Personally, I feel like Panarin is the offensive flair that has been missing in Montreal since Kovalev. He's the type of player who can create offensive chances on his own. People might call me crazy but he's the type of guy I would over pay for 8/8.5m per range. He's not too old and could be an offensive leader for our team.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
From the above list, Panarin is the player that intrigues me the most. Personally, I feel like Panarin is the offensive flair that has been missing in Montreal ever since Kovalev. He's the type of player who can create offensive chances on his own. People might call me crazy but he's the type of guy I would over pay for 8/8.5m per range. He's not too old and could be an offensive leader for our team.

Not at all. I'm right there with you, in fact, I would go higher for Panarin. He's an elite PPG player who's in his prime for the next 5-7 years. I'd hope we could trade Patches plus for Panarin and UFA for a center like Seguin while trading some of the picks and prospects for a highend LPMD. In a perfect world, we'd be at something like the following lineup as early as the 2019-2020 season.

Panarin Seguin Gally
Drouin Kotka Lehkonen
Domi Poehling Sherbak
Hudon Danault Armia
DLR

PMLHD Weber
Mete Petry
Romanov/Alzner Juulsen

Price

Plus the myriad of prospects and picks we'd still have. That's not bad at all.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
He managed to get them out of cap hell after their 2010 win and win a couple more Stanley Cups which I always found impressive. But he also had some help from cap circumventing contracts with Keith and Hossa. Tallon definitely helped set the building blocks and he hasn’t been good for several years. Since they signed Kane and Toews to those contracts, they seem to be struggling managing the cap.

True. You could probably argue that Bowman did a fine job between 2009 and 2015, a bit like Bergevin. Both have made questionnable moves since then.

Getting a first for Darling though :laugh:

Reactions: nhlfan9191

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
To NJ: Pacioretty and Benn
To MTL: Severson, McLeod and a 2nd round pick

Domi - Drouin - Gallagher
Hudon - Danault - Scherbak
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
De La Rose - Plekanec - Byron

Mete - Petry
Severson - Rielly
Alzner - Juulsen

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
From the above list, Panarin is the player that intrigues me the most. Personally, I feel like Panarin is the offensive flair that has been missing in Montreal since Kovalev. He's the type of player who can create offensive chances on his own. People might call me crazy but he's the type of guy I would over pay for 8/8.5m per range. He's not too old and could be an offensive leader for our team.

He would be a great add, but I doubt he would sign here unless it's a overpay. 10M for 7, maybe 9 but would be shocked as many teams will be in on him. He just put up a ppg season and that's going to get him paid if he does it again.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Panarin would be amazing, but I don’t know what he’s looking for exactly.

I personally think he tests the free market where he holds all control, and yes I would overpay.

Panarin-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Domi-Poehling-Drouin

^could be a very good top 6

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
He would be a great add, but I doubt he would sign here unless it's a overpay. 10M for 7, maybe 9 but would be shocked as many teams will be in on him. He just put up a ppg season and that's going to get him paid if he does it again.

Honestly, I'd be ok with paying him 9~9.5. He's exactly what the team needs, an offensive gifted forward who can drive the play. It doesn't look like we have anyone like that coming up through our farm system. He'd be worth every penny. Now if he wants to sign in Montreal is a whole different question, I'd say probably not but who really knows besides him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Honestly, I'd be ok with paying him 9~9.5. He's exactly what the team needs, an offensive gifted forward who can drive the play. It doesn't look like we have anyone like that coming up through our farm system. He'd be worth every penny. Now if he wants to sign in Montreal is a whole different question, I'd say probably not but who really knows besides him.

I don't think you would get him for 9, but I'd gladly give him 70M, could even see having to go to 77M cause if we had any hope of turning things around we would badly need him but that's assuming Price is back to his old self and Weber isn't impacted by the foot injury and something positive comes of the Pac situation while others like Drouin, Lehkonen, Domi, Reilly, Gallagher, Hudon, Scherbak, etc... all have good seasons.

Reactions: Be a Hab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln