Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Rangers also need scoring so yes there is a chance they would want a proven scorer....they also need veterans to play with some of their youth and Lundqvist is still signed for 3 more years.

Rangers are in rebuild mode, officially, they won't give away futures for anyone, they want futures back, like we do.

Would you trade our own 1st for Kreider ?

Same situation.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I wonder if Patch will be traded shortly after Karlsson is? Seems like a few cup contenders or legit playoff teams have cap space to use. I can see teams turning their attention to Patch or Panarin after Karlsson is traded. However, I have come to expect Patch to start the season with us. Then I think there is a possibility a team steps up after they have a good start and know that their 1st won't be a lottery pick.

Dallas needs to sack up and make the right choice here: trade us a bunch of prospects and picks for Pacioretty. They need secondary scoring more than anyone.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I’d be happy if we can get a 1st and good prospect for Max.

A first plus one of:

Robertson (DAL)
Bean (CAR)
Clague (LA)
JAD (LA)
Comtois (ANA)

I wouldn’t have an issue with. We get a good prospect who could help in a year or two and could get a top 20 pick if those teams falter.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The sheer number of teams who will be contenders who already have millions in cap space is huge!:

CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I think it HIGHLY unlikely that one of these teams doesn’t pony up for Max given the space they have and fan bases hungry to he competitive. Once arbitration season is over and Karlsson gets moved, Max will absolutely be in the move before September.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The sheer number of teams who will be contenders who already have millions in cap space is huge!:

CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I think it HIGHLY unlikely that one of these teams doesn’t pony up for Max given the space they have and fan bases hungry to he competitive. Once arbitration season is over and Karlsson gets moved, Max will absolutely be in the move before September.
who ya figure has the most coin, that would come after maxy?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You absolutely have to get one or both of those two elements. Max is the Habs' most valuable trading asset right now. You have to "max" out on the return.

don't agree at all, they need to get max value for sure but I don't think they will and I don't think it needs to be a center or LD. I think it needs to be futures. I badly want another 1st rounder after that I don't care as much. I want assets for the future when MB, CJ and our entire pro scouts are all gone. Don't trust any of them so I'd rather have futures so they can't f*** it up.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
don't agree at all, they need to get max value for sure but I don't think they will and I don't think it needs to be a center or LD. I think it needs to be futures. I badly want another 1st rounder after that I don't care as much. I want assets for the future when MB, CJ and our entire pro scouts are all gone. Don't trust any of them so I'd rather have futures so they can't **** it up.
I pretty much agree with this, trading Pacioretty for a 1st rounder + prospect(s) is a good base. It doesn't really matter much what position the prospect plays to me (obviously C/LD would be preferred) because there is a good chance we can fill in the gap(s) with the 2019 draft.

I've been hoping that MB will start to acquire picks/prospects for the next GM to execute their plan, but that's just wishful thinking.

Reactions: montreal

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I have no idea but my personal favorites are SJ, Anaheim and Dallas. All need him, far away from Habs and have assets to make the deal.

I think Dallas would be a perfect fit, they can throw him on the second line and he'd help add secondary scoring which they lack. At the same time, it'd be nice to get a first rounder from Dallas because Bishop will probably get hurt again and we could potentially see that pick be in the teens.

Reactions: bsl

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think the Golden Knights would be a good fit. They lost Perron and Neal, have all kinds of assets and a load of cap space. There's also the familiarity with Gallant.

Although, I think this would be if they missed on Karlsson.

There are so many teams he could go to. Just think Karlsson needs to move first. Then max and Skinner will go right after.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
3 way trade:

To Fla: Andrew Shaw

To Mtl: Adrain Kempe, Kale Clague, Trevor Lewis, 2019 pick

To LA: Max Pacioretty (retained 50% for 18/19) resigned by LA, Jared McCann

Reasoning:

Fla: gets a playoff warrior with cups for a young group, kinda what Bergevin hoped he was getting

LA: gets another scorer at half cap hit and another young 3rd line center, then resignes Pacioretty

Mtl: gets young D in Clague to play in Laval this year, Kempe we force feed 2nd Center mins and see what we have there, Lewis is a cap dump for LA that we can easily flip to a team looking for a depth C/W and the pick, I don’t know what round would be needed to even the trade.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
I wish we could trade for Jankowski
Bergevin could just sign him to an offer sheet 4 years around 3.5 million per Compensation 2019 second round pick....Calgary might not match they probably do not want to pay someone 3.5 million who could end up on their 4th line and they will have limited cap space after they sign Hanifin.

Reactions: Fazkovsky

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Bergevin could just sign him to an offer sheet 4 years around 3.5 million per Compensation 2019 second round pick....Calgary might not match they probably do not want to pay someone 3.5 million who could end up on their 4th line and they will have limited cap space after they sign Hanifin.
I'd rather just offer sheet Hanifin

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
This "Pacioretty Situation" is all on Habs management. They created this situation and they are digging themselves right to China. Abysmal. A true sh*t show.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Pacioretty could be a good fit in Anaheim i don't think the Ducks want to part with Steel but they have other prospects who could work in a package deal....Larsson,Mahura,Morand,Comtois 1st round pick some combination of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->