Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I don't think you would get him for 9, but I'd gladly give him 70M, could even see having to go to 77M cause if we had any hope of turning things around we would badly need him but that's assuming Price is back to his old self and Weber isn't impacted by the foot injury and something positive comes of the Pac situation while others like Drouin, Lehkonen, Domi, Reilly, Gallagher, Hudon, Scherbak, etc... all have good seasons.

What do you think of a trade around Pacioretty + for Panarin, assuming Columbus would be interested?

Do you see any value of having Panarin before he hits free angency? Would he be easier to sign?

I think the best option is to trade Pacioretty separately for other assets and try and sign Panarin via free angency but if by acquiring him before he hits free agency gives us a better chance at signing him, than it might be worth the gamble.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What do you think of a trade around Pacioretty + for Panarin, assuming Columbus would be interested?

Do you see any value of having Panarin before he hits free angency? Would he be easier to sign?

I think the best option is to trade Pacioretty separately for other assets and try and sign Panarin via free angency but if by acquiring him before he hits free agency gives us a better chance at signing him, than it might be worth the gamble.

Guess it depends on the +. I would rather see where the Habs are at, after such a terrible season from Price and others I would want to see how much he rebounds. The better way to go is the full rebuild but I don't think they will do that. I don't think they logically have much of a chance at Panarin unless you overpay and have Price rebound and all the stuff I said in my previous post. Then it becomes how much would you be willing to overpay to get him? 11 * 7, 12 * 7? Higher?

Reactions: Be a Hab

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

FWIW and for those who dont know the hawks beat writer...

Isn't Bergevin on vacation? Bowman is probably asking where Bergevin is staying but it turns out its a treehouse that Bergevin called a hotel. According to him, it's a no risk move that doesn't count towards the cap. He also claimed that once you have shelter anything can happen.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drouin Kotka Ylonen
Domi Poehling Lehkonen
Hudon Danault Sherbak
McShane Olofsson Hillis Evans Armia Ikonen

Mete Weber
Romanov Juulsen
Tyszka Brook
Walford Fleury

Price
Primeau

This is our depth with current prospects and excluding what we'll get in addition for trading Patches, Shaw, Byron, Benn, Alzner, Schlemko. Seems like we need to shore up on left wing and left D the most but of course, you can never have enough centers either... Given we'll suck pretty badly this year and the additional picks we'll get for next years draft and that some of the players above will be ready to compete for NHL spots, the reset/rebuild is well underway.

Assuming we dump the excess before and during the season, we have an excellent draft and prospect pool to dive into as well as more cap than most any, if not any of the top tier spending teams. We could theoretically go after the highest end free agents to bolster the lineup of youth and help usher in a new team. If we can land a center like Seguin, a left winger like Panarin and trade for a top 2 LHPMD, we'd be right up there in terms of competitiveness and youth for the future.

PLAYERTEAMARB. ELIG
q2.svg
EXPIRYAGEPOSHandedSALARYCAP HIT ▾
1. Jason SpezzaUFA35CRight$7,500,000$7,500,000
2. Sergei BobrovskyUFA29GLeft$6,200,000$7,425,000
3. Pekka RinneUFA35GLeft$7,000,000$7,000,000
4. Erik KarlssonUFA28DRight$7,500,000$6,500,000
5. Jordan EberleUFA28RWRight$6,000,000$6,000,000
6. Matt DucheneUFA27C, LWLeft$6,500,000$6,000,000
7. Joe PavelskiUFA34C, RWRight$6,000,000$6,000,000
8. Artemi PanarinUFA26LWRight$6,000,000$6,000,000
9. Semyon VarlamovUFA30GLeft$5,500,000$5,900,000
10. Tyler SeguinUFA26C, RWRight$6,500,000$5,750,000
11. Jeff SkinnerUFA26LW, RWLeft$6,000,000$5,725,000
12. Mike SmithUFA36GRight$5,000,000$5,666,667
13. Blake WheelerUFA31RWRight$5,800,000$5,600,000
14. Jason PominvilleUFA35RWRight$5,000,000$5,600,000
15. Jacob TroubaRFA24DRight$5,500,000$5,500,000
16. Tyler MyersUFA28DRight$3,000,000$5,500,000
17. Dave BollandUFA32CRight$5,500,000$5,500,000
18. Jay BouwmeesterUFA34DLeft$5,400,000$5,400,000
19. Jimmy HowardUFA34GLeft$4,250,000$5,291,666
20. Derick BrassardUFA30CLeft$3,500,000$5,000,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Add Gallagher in your line-up. Move Lehkonen to the Left Wing. No problems on Left Wing now ;)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Except for Lehkonen sucking on the left ;)

And I agree, if Gallagher isn't on the line up I would expect what we get in return to be on there.

Lehkonen does not suck on the left side IMO. And yes, Gallagher is part of the future. He is not a prospect but he is still young. He should be part of any future line-up configuration

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Panarin is using the self made NTC. He will only signs at specific destinations.

So that’s that. We are out.

Doesn’t need to rush the process either. We need to lose another year

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Lehkonen does not suck on the left side IMO. And yes, Gallagher is part of the future. He is not a prospect but he is still young. He should be part of any future line-up configuration

Add Gallagher in your line-up. Move Lehkonen to the Left Wing. No problems on Left Wing now ;)

I was doing a lineup of under 25 year olds. Didn't specify that but wanted to show the youth movement in the lineup.

Except for Lehkonen sucking on the left ;)

And I agree, if Gallagher isn't on the line up I would expect what we get in return to be on there.

I didn't "trade" him. Just wanted to show a young lineup which will likely have even more depth after this season which should be disastrous... hopefully.

Reactions: vokiel

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was doing a lineup of under 25 year olds. Didn't specify that but wanted to show the youth movement in the lineup.

I didn't "trade" him. Just wanted to show a young lineup which will likely have even more depth after this season which should be disastrous... hopefully.

I understand Gallagher is not a prospect. However, he is part of our future cause he is not old.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Panarin is using the self made NTC. He will only signs at specific destinations.

So that’s that. We are out.

Doesn’t need to rush the process either. We need to lose another year

I don't think anyone outside of the immediate situation knows what he actually wants but the comments that have come out show he wants out of Columbus because it's a hick town and wants a more metropolis market. So I don't think he necessarily wants to go only to NY or LA, which may be the case, but somewhere he and his wife can go out and have some fun and spend their dollars on nice things. I don't know if that means places like Montreal don't fall in that category or not but it definitely sounds like they want a big city, though never specified whether a true "hockey market" was part of that.

One can only dream!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I understand Gallagher is not a prospect. However, he is part of our future cause he is not old.

I'm not saying he isn't. He's 26 and I was looking at players 25 and under.

Not that I don't LOVE Gallagher but lets be honest. Smaller players who play at his pace and tenacity don't age well and begin to break down at a fairly young age. Maybe this softer, faster NHL isn't as physically taxing as it was in the past but he takes a LOT of abuse in front of that net. Not sure if he's part of a longer outlook past 3-5 years at his current pace and we're loaded at RW with prospects. So I guess we'll see...

Reactions: Capitano

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not saying he isn't. He's 26 and I was looking at players 25 and under.

Not that I don't LOVE Gallagher but lets be honest. Smaller players who play at his pace and tenacity don't age well and begin to break down at a fairly young age. Maybe this softer, faster NHL isn't as physically taxing as it was in the past but he takes a LOT of abuse in front of that net. Not sure if he's part of a longer outlook past 3-5 years at his current pace and we're loaded at RW with prospects. So I guess we'll see...

Not trying to give you a hard time but I agree with your LD needs more than your LW needs. We are fine on wing. Gallagher, Scherbak, Ylonen, Armia on the right side and Drouin, Domi, Lehkonen, Hudon on the left side.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Every team has a "youth movement" if the only standard applied is "being under 25". You can literally do that for every single team out there.
If anything, you've shown how there isn't much to be excited about with regards to our prospects/kids.
Kotka, Poe, Mete, that's about the only thing that's spiking my interest.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Every team has a "youth movement" if the only standard applied is "being under 25". You can literally do that for every single team out there.
If anything, you've shown how there isn't much to be excited about with regards to our prospects/kids.
Kotka, Poe, Mete, that's about the only thing that's spiking my interest.

What are you arguing exactly? I can't use the very popular under 25 year old metric to ascertain our prospect depth? That using 25 years old cut off is wrong? That the Habs haven't loaded up on prospects and will continue to do so going into next year? Or that I can't have my own opinion on my own post?

I'm just trying to clarify your reply back to mine and understand how I can better write my posts to make you less uncomfortable for you moving forward.

Not trying to give you a hard time but I agree with your LD needs more than your LW needs. We are fine on wing. Gallagher, Scherbak, Ylonen, Armia on the right side and Drouin, Domi, Lehkonen, Hudon on the left side.

Fair enough. I just see Lehkonen as more of a RW than left wing just like Sherbak as being RW over LW even though they're playing on the opposite wing.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

FWIW and for those who dont know the hawks beat writer...

Someone posted before that this guy does get inside info so it likely is the case there are discussions.

Thinking a retained Patches at 50% for Chicago 2019 or 2020 1st, Hawks choice, and Beaudin. There could be a conditional pick if Patches resigns with Chicago.

I do not see Schmaltz being offered up and I do not want Ansimov.

I also do not see Patches signing an extension with the Hawks. If he does , then the price goes up.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I don't think anyone outside of the immediate situation knows what he actually wants but the comments that have come out show he wants out of Columbus because it's a hick town and wants a more metropolis market. So I don't think he necessarily wants to go only to NY or LA, which may be the case, but somewhere he and his wife can go out and have some fun and spend their dollars on nice things. I don't know if that means places like Montreal don't fall in that category or not but it definitely sounds like they want a big city, though never specified whether a true "hockey market" was part of that.

One can only dream!

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/panarin-only-wants-to-play-in-nyc-la-or-chi.2507351/

and its a rumor but this has been going around

Reactions: Sterling Archer

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Bergevin go get some centers what are you waiting for...you said goal was to make the playoffs....goal should be to win the cup or tear it down.......We know Duchene is available you most likely will not have to give up top prospects or a first if you agree to take back a contract either Gaborik or Macarthur on LTIR.....Eugene Melnick is a penny pincher.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Bergevin go get some centers what are you waiting for...you said goal was to make the playoffs....goal should be to win the cup or tear it down.......We know Duchene is available you most likely will not have to give up top prospects or a first if you agree to take back a contract either Gaborik or Macarthur on LTIR.....Eugene Melnick is a penny pincher.

That's not a bad idea. I know a lot of people said Ottawa was tying Ryan to Karlsson which brought down his value. Why not trade for Duchene and take on Ryan's contract.

You're taking $13.5M in salary so we could give them Alzner to bring them up to the floor and a mix of picks and prospects. Not that it would ever happen after what they gave up for Duchene but I like the thinking out of the box!

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
I love that MB has waited so long that Patches now has a fake ntc lol

I am really curious what was offered at last years trade deadline but we will never know

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Trade Pacioretty what are you waiting for Bergevin you must know all the offers his value can only go down especially if he starts the season with Montreal and no center to play with and if he gets hurt his value is zero.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Don’t know enough about Peca, but any chance he’s a DD type player that can help Patches back to glory or will he be back with Danault?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What are you arguing exactly? I can't use the very popular under 25 year old metric to ascertain our prospect depth? That using 25 years old cut off is wrong? That the Habs haven't loaded up on prospects and will continue to do so going into next year? Or that I can't have my own opinion on my own post?

I'm just trying to clarify your reply back to mine and understand how I can better write my posts to make you less uncomfortable for you moving forward.
I am saying listing a full lineup of under 25 prospects doesn't prove any type of quality youth movement.
What you should do is name the prospects that are actually expected to become top 6F or top 3D.
There isn't much out there yet. We need a couple more strong drafts before talking about young strong depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad