Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'd try hard for Panarin. Patches straight up. Patches might get his $7 million from a starless (minus the studs on defense, and Bob) team, where he would fit into Torts all American lunch bucket dream.

Then I'd keep Panarin by pulling a Scorty Bowman/Jacques Lemaire, play the Russians together.

Trade Shaw back to Chicago for Anisimov.

Panarin-Anisimov-Scherbak
Domi-Drouin-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Armia
Peca/Deslauriers-Danault-Hudon

Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Reilly-Benn
Schlemko, Ouellet, unless a Czech breaks through.

Price
Niemi

Weber and Byron on IR.

I think having a true superstar would excite the fans, and the passion might inspire Panarin to stay.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'd try hard for Panarin. Patches straight up. Patches might get his $7 million from a starless (minus the studs on defense, and Bob) team, where he would fit into Torts all American lunch bucket dream.

Then I'd keep Panarin by pulling a Scorty Bowman/Jacques Lemaire, play the Russians together.

Trade Shaw back to Chicago for Anisimov.

Panarin-Anisimov-Scherbak
Domi-Drouin-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Armia
Peca/Deslauriers-Danault-Hudon

Mete-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Reilly-Benn
Schlemko, Ouellet, unless a Czech breaks through.

Price
Niemi

Weber and Byron on IR.

I think having a true superstar would excite the fans, and the passion might inspire Panarin to stay.

Yeah, maybe if Torts oks the deal. Otherwise, I’d think he’d rather stick his eye with a plastic fork instead of any deal involving Patches on his team.

BCCE6FDB-F7ED-4ACD-B5E6-DC9835A2AE06.jpeg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't mind keeping Pacioretty until the deadline, but there is no way he should be captain. He CANNOT handle it. Half a season without the captaincy might do wonders for him and his value.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
ok i'm bored, so say Danault is asking too much and NYI says they may move Nelson.

NYI

Pac
Danault
Schlemko

Habs

Nelson
1st 2019 (top 3 protected)
Dobson (wishful thinking I know, so Bellows more likely)
Ho-Sang (could see Lou wanting to move him)

Nelson can play center, he's got size, a 20 goal scorer and is a RFA that likely gets around 4M to 5M as he's had 162 pts over the last 4 years so he's more proven then Danault. NYI gets Danault who has chemistry with Pac.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I don't think they can do better at this point but be my guest and come up with something better. As it is, Oilers fans would balk at moving Yamamoto for one year of Max.

There is no way that Montreal's best option is to take on one of the worst contracts in the NHL and only get a 1st (or 2nd) and Yamamoto. They can probably get Pacioretty for 1st+ straight up from more than one team, even if they wait until the deadline.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
There is no way that Montreal's best option is to take on one of the worst contracts in the NHL and only get a 1st (or 2nd) and Yamamoto. They can probably get Pacioretty for 1st+ straight up from more than one team, even if they wait until the deadline.
First is for Max and the 4th is the price for Lucic. Yamo is part compensation for taking Lucic and part + for Max. Like I said, I doubt Oilers fans would like it. Lucic contract doesn't become an issue until 2021 when we may be pretty good.
If you have a better exemplar of what we could get right now, please share.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Price 1 mil retained to Vancouver for Markstrom, Demko, Lind, 2020 1st protected and 2019 6th.

Pacioretty and Froese to Colorado for Meloche, Shvyryov, 2019 protected 1st and 2019 3rd.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
First is for Max and the 4th is the price for Lucic. Yamo is part compensation for taking Lucic and part + for Max. Like I said, I doubt Oilers fans would like it. Lucic contract doesn't become an issue until 2021 when we may be pretty good.
If you have a better exemplar of what we could get right now, please share.

To Florida for a 1st with some protections, Gildon and McGinn.

To Chicago for a 1st with some protections, Beaudin/Wise and Hossa.

To Buffalo for either of St. Louis or San Jose's 1st and Moulson and a prospect.

That's not exactly unrealistic and is well in line with other recent dead cap valuations. I think they could get more, but there are options without having to carry Lucic's truly terrible contract.

Last edited:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
this is a classic alan walsh pressure tactic. he's a sanctimonious prick. blocks any dissenters on twitter too

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
habs need to move price, never in my wildest dreams figured I would ever say that, but I just did..

still can't believe I said this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad