Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am saying listing a full lineup of under 25 prospects doesn't prove any type of quality youth movement.

Well, it does show you depth charts and how your roster might look in a few years. Pretty much every team does it but you want an all star list of prospects or they look meh. Stop being so negative. It's just a depth chart forward projection that we all know has moving parts and it certainly looks better today vs 12 months or 24 months ago.

Proof? You prove that it's not a youth movement?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well, it does show you depth charts and how your roster might look in a few years. Pretty much every team does it but you want an all star list of prospects or they look meh. Stop being so negative. It's just a depth chart forward projection that we all know has moving parts and it certainly looks better today vs 12 months or 24 months ago.

Proof? You prove that it's not a youth movement?

You just named a roster with kids under 25. That's it. There is no discussions on quality. I'd be surprised if half those guys play on the same Habs team at the same time. So ya, it's pointless.
Every team can do the same.

But hey, I said my peace on it, you guys can discuss how Primeau will be our back up, McShane on our 4th line, and Fleury on the outs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You just named a roster with kids under 25. That's it. There is no discussions on quality. I'd be surprised if half those guys play on the same Habs team at the same time. So ya, it's pointless.
Every team can do the same.

But hey, I said my peace on it, you guys can discuss how Primeau will be our back up, McShane on our 4th line, and Fleury on the outs.

It's not pointless. It's only pointless to you cause you want Croby's and Malkin's or they are nothing special. You also think the Gainey era prospects with lack of top 100 picks = our current group with much more lower round picks.

Pretty sure you were part of that group that called Lehkonen, Scherbak, Hudon, Mete, DLR, Lindgren potential busts cause you compared them to a busts from the Gainey era. What you trying to prove? The Past = The Future? :sarcasm:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I am saying listing a full lineup of under 25 prospects doesn't prove any type of quality youth movement.
What you should do is name the prospects that are actually expected to become top 6F or top 3D.
There isn't much out there yet. We need a couple more strong drafts before talking about young strong depth.

I wasn’t out to prove anything. Just noting we’ve done a good job of stocking the cupboards with solid prospects now and as you posted, will continue to do so in the future.

Not seeing how this is at all or in anyway controversial.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Reactions: Runner77 and Kwikwi

MC94

May 13, 2018
This is just a post of me being extremely hopefull that in 4 years when my favourite hockey player in the world becomes a ufa that maybe just maybe he comes back to play for the CH (unless bergevin is still somehow gm that year then im no longer a habs fan and could care less lol) Im just curious as to what you guys think on a possible return even though its very far away this is my dream one that I have had since the day he got traded I told everyone he was coming back one day I had to believe that I was heart broken! As long as all of the dumbasses who traded him away are no longer a part of this now embarressing orginization Id like to think he would at the very least consider a return no?

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
This is just a post of me being extremely hopefull that in 4 years when my favourite hockey player in the world becomes a ufa that maybe just maybe he comes back to play for the CH (unless bergevin is still somehow gm that year then im no longer a habs fan and could care less lol) Im just curious as to what you guys think on a possible return even though its very far away this is my dream one that I have had since the day he got traded I told everyone he was coming back one day I had to believe that I was heart broken! As long as all of the dumbasses who traded him away are no longer a part of this now embarressing orginization Id like to think he would at the very least consider a return no?
Subban COULD return IF and only IF Bergevin isn't here anymore. So long as MB is around, I see zero chance Subban even takes a phone call from us.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I expect Subban is quite pissed at Molson too. This isn't all on Bergevin - i'm sure Molson was in on the decision, and approved it (maybe even pushed for it?). Not sure that Subban would be so quick to forgive and forget.

From a practical standpoint - having a player go UFA is dangerous. Most big players resign long-term with their current team. ie - Doughty resigned, OEL resigned, Stamkos resigned, Karlsson will likely resign. There are exceptions, but it's a risk. Tavares waited a year - what if he had a career ending injury in the past year? That's a lot of money to leave on the table.

But yeah it's possible. Subban loves Montreal. There's definitely a LOT that needs to happen though. The players didn't like Subban - they didn't stick up for him, they picked Pacioretty over him, etc etc. So there'd need to be the proper dynamic for his return, for him to want to

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Im sure he would be interested in returning when his current contract is over (as long as MB is gone). He made a huge commitment with the hospital, so it will definitely be on his mind.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'll be 33 by then and Weber hopefully gone. I'd love PK back, but what would the state of the team be in 4 years? Will they turn it around and start challenging for the cup? As much as he love Montreal, I think Subban wants to win.

Reactions: sandviper

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Why would he return here after the way he was treated? He’ll re-sign with Nashville.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
No interest in having a 33-34 y/o PK. He will not be faster or better, and I would guess that he will in his mind be too good for the market. Leafs, here he comes.

Reactions: sampollock

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
Wish we could trade Captain Notretty extended for Subban this season. What a mistake that was trading Subban instead of him.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
No interest in having a 33-34 y/o PK. He will not be faster or better, and I would guess that he will in his mind be too good for the market. Leafs, here he comes.

Unless we get a hometown hospital foundation discount I agree, let's not sign another defenceman past his prime, haven't we learned?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Could he? Yes. Will he? No.

Can’t see him coming back unless there is a NMC in place immediately.

Granted, in 4 years, that would be 6 in total he’d given Nashville... assuming he doesn’t get traded long before. He may really be endeared to the city by then.

However, I’m sure Montreal would be considered when he goes UFA, but yeah, he’ll probably pass.

It’s gonna be a media frenzy that UFA year if whatever team he is on doesn’t extend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad