Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
How immature and batshit crazy is it that the GM ignored Patio-Ready for months during the year?

Imagine if any of your bosses did the same... Once again, Geoff Molson is the worst owner in the NHL outside of Melnyk

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
How immature and bat**** crazy is it that the GM ignored Patio-Ready for months during the year?

Imagine if any of your bosses did the same... Once again, Geoff Molson is the worst owner in the NHL outside of Melnyk

It does sound bat-shyte crazy. That's why I think it is complete BS.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Thank God, we were in need of wingers
Are you suggesting this was a bad trade??

Don’t want to hear about we need centres or whatever....who won this trade??

And in a position of strength at wing, we can certainly package a few of them for some pressing needs.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Pacioretty could be a good fit in Anaheim i don't think the Ducks want to part with Steel but they have other prospects who could work in a package deal....Larsson,Mahura,Morand,Comtois 1st round pick some combination of that.

I'd take Larsson or Comtois + their 1st for Max no problems. And yeah, Comtois is another winger, but we have center depth, a lot of it, for once, and we'll probably be bottom 5, or 10, and the next draft is loaded with centers, so we'll get another one anyway (probably). We need some big wingers who can follow the play, and Comtois is exactly that, really upped his game last season, both offensively and physically. Larsson as a puck moving D would be nice too.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Unfortunately it appears MBs mouth and ego have once again interfered come first over the betterment of the team. Talking about Patches.

What he should have done is , a long time ago, talked to Patches about how almost everybody had a bad year but he thinks highly of Patches. He should have told him unfortunately where the team is at means he needs to move him and wants to know if there is a place he wants to go as it would benefit the team and Patches and his family if Patches could work out an extension with that team.

But of course.......

Bergevin still needs to see if Patches has a few teams he is open to signing an extension with. If there are, MB must go to these teams or team and see what are the best offers he can get.

And of course the whole league knows Patches is available. But that call about those teams to Patches' agent needs to be made if it hasn't, as the logic for the team and Patches remains.

The Isles were willing to trade the 12th OA for one year of Patches until they saw Dobson was available. Are they still interested?

New Jersey ?

Both New Jerser and Islanders are close to where Patches came from, if that has any lure for him.

I think Florida unfortunately is out.

Sounds like the most interested teams will be in the west. Chicago taking another run ? Same with the Sharks and maybe the Ducks.

The return on an extended Patches is higher. But MB must forget about the help now requirement as a minimum, as it appears to have been. If its offered in the form of a young guy with top potential sure, but don't hold out for it. Take the futures. Try to get quality instead of just quantity , meaning 2 pieces not 3. Would still look for prospects at centre but for sure a PMD prospect, either has to have that high ceiling.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Unfortunately it appears MBs mouth and ego have once again interfered come first over the betterment of the team. Talking about Patches.

What he should have done is , a long time ago, talked to Patches about how almost everybody had a bad year but he thinks highly of Patches. He should have told him unfortunately where the team is at means he needs to move him and wants to know if there is a place he wants to go as it would benefit the team and Patches and his family if Patches could work out an extension with that team.

But of course.......

Bergevin still needs to see if Patches has a few teams he is open to signing an extension with. If there are, MB must go to these teams or team and see what are the best offers he can get.

And of course the whole league knows Patches is available. But that call about those teams to Patches' agent needs to be made if it hasn't, as the logic for the team and Patches remains.

The Isles were willing to trade the 12th OA for one year of Patches until they saw Dobson was available. Are they still interested?

New Jersey ?

Both New Jerser and Islanders are close to where Patches came from, if that has any lure for him.

Sounds like the most interested teams will be in the west. Chicago taking another run ? Same with the Sharks and maybe the Ducks.

The return on an extended Patches is higher. But MB must forget about the help now requirement as a minimum, as it appears to have been. If its offered in the form of a young guy with top potential sure, but don't hold out for it. Take the futures. Try to get quality instead of just quantity , meaning 2 pieces not 3. Would still look for prospects at centre but for sure a PMD prospect, either has to have that high ceiling.

I agree with your quality over quantity approach and am also leaning towards a futures dynamic over an immediate help dynamic, especially if the immediate help is of lesser quality.

I just wonder where the alleged "were willing to..., until..." bolded statement comes from, especially mentioned as factual in the post's context? Sounds like pure rumour mongering, no?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

But of course.......

New Jersey ?

MB has no humility. He would never admit to the team being in a poor place because of the moves he made. He works on the premise that he has made all the correct moves, therefore if something went wrong then it must be attitude/character of players who let him or the team down, because you know, he could never make a mistake.

I think it's time to move on from Pacioretty mainly because of the state of the team, but Max doesn't deserve his name thrown around in public the way it has. Bob Gainey wouldn't allow this. MB is an arrogant piece of shit who should be shown the door any day now.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Pacioretty could be a good fit in Anaheim i don't think the Ducks want to part with Steel but they have other prospects who could work in a package deal....Larsson,Mahura,Morand,Comtois 1st round pick some combination of that.
It would have to be 2 of Larsson , Comtois, Pettersson, Morand or Mahura along with a 1st round pick.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I agree with your quality over quantity approach and am also leaning towards a futures dynamic over an immediate help dynamic, especially if the immediate help is of lesser quality.

I just wonder where the alleged "were willing to..., until..." bolded statement comes from, especially mentioned as factual in the post's context? Sounds like pure rumour mongering, no?

Well yes you are correct about the alleged trade. Thing is though that's about the best information we get because GMs don't confirm trades that didn't go through , except rarely I guess. Specifically here, the media said that at the draft we were trading Patches to the Isles and the Isles were flipping the 12thOA to the Sabres, and we were getting ROR. Don't know if other pieces were going to Buffalo, but the 12thOA was the big piece. But then the Isles apparently backed out when they saw who was available. Pure guessing from my end,but we saw a clip where MB answers the phone and purses his mouth in a no gesture. Wonder if that was the moment Uncle Lou told him no. Again, I have no idea as MB was active that day and it could have been a completely different transaction. Anyway , if the info is accurate, Isles get Patches for the 12thOA.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Are you suggesting this was a bad trade??

Don’t want to hear about we need centres or whatever....who won this trade??

And in a position of strength at wing, we can certainly package a few of them for some pressing needs.

It's not a bad trade per se.. but you could say it's a bad trade overall like all the moves Bergevin did so far. On their own, his trades aren't that bad but when you consider the whole thing, it is. You can certainly package the players to get something you need but... I don't think you'll get much for our wingers. Pacioretty, Gallagher and Byron may have the most value.. but then you would also trade away the best goalscorers this team has so you'd basically lose your position of strength. This team has too many 3rd line wingers (and players overall). You just can't get much for that, even for a package.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I think Comtois and a 1st would be a good return in the long run..maybe we get another conditional pick, conditional on whether Max resigns.

Comtois is only 19 and is a big body winger who can score, exactly what we need long term.

To Anaheim
Pacioretty

To Montreal
Comtois + 2019 1st

Then (proposed by a leaf fan)

To Toronto
Jeff Petry (assuming he waived)

To Montreal
2019 1st, 2020 2nd, Josh Leivo

At TDL

Byron for B prospect + 2nd
Benn for 3rd rnd pick
Shaw for 2nd + 4th

^just spitballing on those, would wildly depend on how their seasons go.

Imo we should aim for a few skilled wingers with some size. Comtois, Robertson etc. In a patches trade. If we can luck into getting Hughes, we will need some bigger skilled wingers to surround him.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Bergevin should also retain 50% to get more value if he can.
thats would be a sweetener! i think any team trading for him in the offseason is a team who wants to resign him, so they likely have the cap space already. at the deadline it's a different story, you retain 50% for sure to attract the most contender possible! a team a great position that would only want him as a rental for a possible cup migth be willing to outbid a team that wants to sign any afterward! who knows!

people on hfboard tend to think the teams are acutally collectioning prospects like its a prospect show. 1 stanley cup is worth more than anything to a franchise!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
thats would be a sweetener! i think any team trading for him in the offseason is a team who wants to resign him, so they likely have the cap space already. at the deadline it's a different story, you retain 50% for sure to attract the most contender possible! a team a great position that would only want him as a rental for a possible cup migth be willing to outbid a team that wants to sign any afterward! who knows!
Retaining 50% at the deadline doesn't do much imo. Let's take Vegas for example. They could very well still be in on Karlsson. Pacioretty with 4th line money will have not hinder them getting Karlsson whatsoever before the season starts. I'm also totally fine with a top 10 protected first for this upcoming draft as part of a package. If that team is really on the fall, that 1st could also be really good in Lafrenieres year...

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Retaining 50% at the deadline doesn't do much imo. Let's take Vegas for example. They could very well still be in on Karlsson. Pacioretty with 4th line money will have not hinder them getting Karlsson whatsoever before the season starts. I'm also totally fine with a top 10 protected first for this upcoming draft as part of a package. If that team is really on the fall, that 1st could also be really good in Lafrenieres year...
Maybe Gallant will push for Pacioretty. Vegas also has Skinner, Brassard or even Ryan as part of the Karlssson trade as options. I would love one the Golden Knights 2 next 1st round picks.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
To Chicago
Patches, Byron

To Montreal
1st, Beaudin, Asinimov, Krueger

Habs get their 1st + quality prospect for patches, as well as a stop-gap top-6 C that is an upgrade over anything we have (Krueger = cap dump).

Hawks further increase their cap space for in-season moves as needed, Patches is a great fit for their top-6 and Byron a solid addition to their 3rd line. Dump Krueger and Asinimov's contracts.
---------------------------
To Colorado
Drouin, Shaw, Benn,

To Mtl
1st, Ott 3rd, Girard, Compher

Habs get 1st/3rd, a solid LD pmd prospect ready to play now (and possibly nice complement to Weber), a solid top-9 prospect with the attitude and 2-way attributes the coach/GM covet.

Avs reunite Drouin with Mackinnon (possibly igniting Drouin's high end potential), add vet leadership in Shaw & Benn.
------------------------------------
Peca - Asinimov - Scherbak
Domi - Danault - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Pleks - Armia
Hudon - Krueger - Compher
DLO/JDR/Reichel/McCarron

Girard - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Reilly
Juulsen/Mete

that's a very solid tanking lineup... we end up with a lottery pick + at least 2 extra first rounders & a high 3rd...
move Pleks/Schlemko/Reilly/Asinimov/Krueger/Alzner (if were lucky) in the offseason for more picks/prospects...

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would love to end up with 3 first round picks next year, which is very possible imo.

Petry and Patches should both return a first with other pieces included....

Max should be moved by end of October, before some trade partners realize they aren’t as good as they thought....

Florida, Anaheim, and Buffalo seem like teams who would be good fits but wouldn’t guarantee that their first is a 20-30. With a little luck these teams could struggle and we could have a top 20 pick

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I would love to end up with 3 first round picks next year, which is very possible imo.

Petry and Patches should both return a first with other pieces included....

Max should be moved by end of October, before some trade partners realize they aren’t as good as they thought....

Florida, Anaheim, and Buffalo seem like teams who would be good fits but wouldn’t guarantee that their first is a 20-30. With a little luck these teams could struggle and we could have a top 20 pick

For the sake of the team and Max, I think he should be traded before the annual golf tournament. This type of negative distraction should be delt with asap. MB needs to deal with this.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
For the sake of the team and Max, I think he should be traded before the annual golf tournament. This type of negative distraction should be delt with asap. MB needs to deal with this.

In an ideal world yes, but I also think it’s not the worst thing if he starts the season with mtl.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
In an ideal world yes, but I also think it’s not the worst thing if he starts the season with mtl.

I think we all know what Max can do when is playing well and with confidence. If Max starts off the season on a hot streak and steals the show, is everybody here going to be ok with still trading him? If by miracle we’re in a playoff spot or only a few points back, and decide to go for it come trade deadline, than is everyone ok with resigning him to a 5-6 year deal at a high cap hit because we cannot lose him to free angency for nothing.
There are a few scenarios where it gets complicated still having Max on our team.

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
I think we all know what Max can do when is playing well and with confidence. If Max starts off the season on a hot streak and steals the show, is everybody here going to be ok with still trading him? If by miracle we’re in a playoff spot or only a few points back, and decide to go for it come trade deadline, than is everyone ok with resigning him to a 5-6 year deal at a high cap hit because we cannot lose him to free angency for nothing.
There are a few scenarios where it gets complicated still having Max on our team.
No get picks or futures!! We are going nowhere.. i like patches ,but his time has come and past with the habs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad