Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Stars seem like a good fit but are probably waiting on the shoe to fall on Karlsson:

To Dallas
Pacioretty

To Montreal
2019 1st, Jason Robertson

Is it the home run some expect? Probably not, but we get a very good prospect and a first. Another possibility is to include another conditional pick, conditional on Max resigning.

Robertson is a big body who can score. In 2 years or so he would fit in well on our 2nd line imo:

Domi-Poehling-Drouin
Robertson-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher

Petry is another valuable I am completely open to moving ASAP. He has value now and I don’t care that we leave a hole at RD tbh.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Stars seem like a good fit but are probably waiting on the shoe to fall on Karlsson:

To Dallas
Pacioretty

To Montreal

Is it the home run some expect? Probably not, but we get a very good prospect and a first. Another possibility is to include another conditional pick, conditional on Max resigning.

Robertson is a big body who can score. In 2 years or so he would fit in well on our 2nd line imo:

Domi-Poehling-Drouin

Petry is another valuable I am completely open to moving ASAP. He has value now and I don’t care that we leave a hole at RD tbh.

No center or LHPMD = no thank you.

Reactions: Laurentide

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I don't think you need to get a center or a LD for Pac, I think he just needs to get a good deal. A 1st and a top prospect imo.

First should be a no brainer. I agree I’m not expecting a center or D help for him. I would honestly take a package of picks at this point as I don’t think we’ll pry the kind of prospect whose already drafted that we really need.

Reactions: Gains

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don’t think we need to get a centre or lhd in a trade for Max...we are gonna have another brutal year. In a draft with a lot of centres and I’m sure some good dmen

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site

To Dallas
Pacioretty

To Montreal

Domi-Poehling-Drouin

I'd prefer to get Faksa from the Stars...

Reactions: HankyZetts

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Someone took my post down .....so i will say it again sign Larkin to an offer sheet so Drouin has a #1 skilled center to play with....Larkin is one of the fastest skaters in the NHL he got to play center last year and with increased ice time put up 63 points.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The Athletic's resident stats guy Dom Luszczyszyn just did his review for all the team's offseasons:

By the numbers: Offseason grades for all 31 teams

Here's Montreals:

Montreal Canadiens: C-
In: Max Domi, Joel Armia, Tomas Plekanec
Out: Alex Galchenyuk, Daniel Carr
Net Value Added: None

The Max Domi for Alex Galchenyuk trade was the big one here and it was probably a loss for the Canadiens. Domi at his best is close to Galchenyuk at his worst without the position versatility – not that it matters considering the Habs refused to play Galchenyuk at centre anyway.
I’m not a big fan of letting Daniel Carr go either as he’s produced well in low minutes, but Joel Armia provides similar value with more attentiveness in his own zone.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I just want patches gone, the longer you wait the worse it’s going to get. Imagine if he gets injured, you literally lost out on a franchise altering asset, don’t be a dumbass mb

Reactions: bsl

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The Athletic's resident stats guy Dom Luszczyszyn just did his review for all the team's offseasons:

By the numbers: Offseason grades for all 31 teams

Here's Montreals:

"net value added, none"

a fact made worse by the reality that we didn't do anything to add future assets, or take advantage of our cap and roster flexibility to add pieces (aside from Plekanec) that can be used as trade chips in-season.... was a perfect summer to load up with 3-4 veterans on short term/reclamation deals and give them an opportunity to play for redemption and a shot at a bigger pay day next summer (while giving us valuable trade deadline fodder).

it was another summer of moves that lack creativity, direction and vision... symptomatic of the ongoing lack of plan or strategy for success plaguing this organization.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
One fit for Pacioretty could be the Rangers they have tons of cap space and it is his home town team.......Pacioretty and one of Mete or Juulsen for Gilmour Rangers 2019 1st and Lias Andersson and Chytil maybe Rangers get something else like JDLR or Hudon.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
One fit for Pacioretty could be the Rangers they have tons of cap space and it is his home town team.......Pacioretty and one of Mete or Juulsen for Gilmour Rangers 2019 1st and Lias Andersson and Chytil maybe Rangers get something else like JDLR or Hudon.
The Rangers just traded their captain who's younger than Max for futures and you think they'll be interested in Pacioretty? No chance.

Reactions: DubDub

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Sprong, Maatta, 1st for Pacio (obviously extended), would you do it?

I would, but I don’t think pens would. MB has diminished Max’s trade value by waiting so long to trade him. He should have been traded last year around Christmas or at the trade deadline. I thought he was for sure going to be traded at the draft, for less than than what we could have gotten than the deadline, but at least it would be over and done with. But now, I don’t know what to think, it’s just another case of MB miss managing he’s assets again.

We’ll see, but I don’t expect the return to be great.

Reactions: bsl

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
"net value added, none"

a fact made worse by the reality that we didn't do anything to add future assets, or take advantage of our cap and roster flexibility to add pieces (aside from Plekanec) that can be used as trade chips in-season.... was a perfect summer to load up with 3-4 veterans on short term/reclamation deals and give them an opportunity to play for redemption and a shot at a bigger pay day next summer (while giving us valuable trade deadline fodder).

it was another summer of moves that lack creativity, direction and vision... symptomatic of the ongoing lack of plan or strategy for success plaguing this organization.

I liked the Armia deal, but with Bergevin its always been that his bad moves always overshadow the good ones. I would be really happy if he'd stop trying to make "hockey trades", he loses every single one of them. Those, and moves to acquire "leadership", "character" and "grit".

Last edited:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think you need to get a center or a LD for Pac, I think he just needs to get a good deal. A 1st and a top prospect imo.
You absolutely have to get one or both of those two elements. Max is the Habs' most valuable trading asset right now. You have to "max" out on the return.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
The Rangers just traded their captain who's younger than Max for futures and you think they'll be interested in Pacioretty? No chance.
Rangers also need scoring so yes there is a chance they would want a proven scorer....they also need veterans to play with some of their youth and Lundqvist is still signed for 3 more years.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I liked the Armia deal, but with Bergevin its always been that his bad moves always overshadow the good ones. I would be really happy if he'd stop trying to make "hockey trades", he loses every single one of them. Those, and moves to acquire "leadership", "character" and "grit".

It took them 6 years to figure out that you should be picking the ''most valuable asset'' at the draft. Maybe in another 6 years they'll figure out that this applies to the entire organization. I'm not holding my breath. As you point out here, all of his big moves have tended to be ''hockey moves,'' 1 against 1, and he's tended to come away on the losing end of them. He does this because he believes in his player evaluation ability. That's the sort of thing that may require a firing to get rid of.

Reactions: Captain Wolverine

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder if Patch will be traded shortly after Karlsson is? Seems like a few cup contenders or legit playoff teams have cap space to use. I can see teams turning their attention to Patch or Panarin after Karlsson is traded. However, I have come to expect Patch to start the season with us. Then I think there is a possibility a team steps up after they have a good start and know that their 1st won't be a lottery pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad