Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread IX: Trade Deadline Edition

Would you do it: Romanov, Poehling, and a 1st for Stone, Panarin, or Duchene with an extension?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
You really think signing Duchene and pushing Danault to the 4th line and playing 10 mins a game is more intelligent than just playing Danault the same amount of minutes but having Mark Stone instead?

It’s like you don’t understand that there’s a finite amount of minutes in an NHL hockey game.

Maybe you’re a Habs fan that’s so used to them having issues at centre that you can’t accept that it is not a position that they need to address other than an ordinary 4C instead of AHL fodder.
No ideally im talking about duchene as 1st line center kotka as second line center and danault as third. Having danault play less minutes in general but still keep the important defensive responsibilities as 1 pk unit and a shutdown role would be beneficial to the team as well as having a great offensive center like duchene as 1st line center would be great for the team. Stone is a great player and in either context the habs become better but you have to understand that offensively there is no comparing the two and danault would thrive equally as well in that new role

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
No ideally im talking about duchene as 1st line center kotka as second line center and danault as third. Having danault play less minutes in general but still keep the important defensive responsibilities as 1 pk unit and a shutdown role would be beneficial to the team as well as having a great offensive center like duchene as 1st line center would be great for the team. Stone is a great player and in either context the habs become better but you have to understand that offensively there is no comparing the two and danault would thrive equally as well in that new role

So where is Domi? He’s excelling at centre. If he was playing with Mark Stone, he'd have more points than Duchene. Also if he was playing as much as Duchene (17:30 a game vs 19:10 a game).
I just think it’s a waste of money when you can address the winger position and have a 1st liner to play with the centres that are already doing well.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Jul 6, 2016
So where is Domi? He’s excelling at centre. If he was playing with Mark Stone, he'd have more points than Duchene. Also if he was playing as much as Duchene (17:30 a game vs 19:10 a game).
I just think it’s a waste of money when you can address the winger position and have a 1st liner to play with the centres that are already doing well.

If you have Duchesne, Domi goes back on LW. But it won't happen.

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
I would move domi back to wing as i dont think it would hurt his game and saying that stone would have as many points playing with domi is an assumption as i can just say domi would have as many points playing the wing with duchene and drouin or possibly more. It comes down to who you would rather between marc stone and duchene and i think it would help having another center as it creates more defensive matchups for danault on the third instead of having a more offensive role. We do have poehling coming up but i view suzuki as more of a winger

Reactions: HOPE

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Really?
Huh, would not have guessed that. I thought he just didn't know the roster well enough to know we have a Reilly on our team... I mean, no one would waste time making sarcastic remarks based on typos, would they?
It's not that it was only a typo, but that the other spelling is of an actual terrific player whom I happened to be watching tonight.

Sorry if it annoyed people.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would move domi back to wing as i dont think it would hurt his game and saying that stone would have as many points playing with domi is an assumption as i can just say domi would have as many points playing the wing with duchene and drouin or possibly more. It comes down to who you would rather between marc stone and duchene and i think it would help having another center as it creates more defensive matchups for danault on the third instead of having a more offensive role. We do have poehling coming up but i view suzuki as more of a winger

Domi is playing better as a centre in Montreal than he did as a winger in Arizona. He needs to be implicated all of the time and have the puck on his stick as much as possible. In my mind he’s a centre from here on out.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

If Duchene actually were good enough to beat out Domi as a top-6 centre, I would rather trade Domi the 65-70 point center to another team for a top scoring winger or very good LD than trade him internally into Domi the small LW who has to play too often in a lane and whose great vision will usually see the ice from only one side.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I think Lehkonen (as much as I like him) is the most expendable one and most likely to get traded to make room for Byron on the 3rd line. We can get picks for Lehkonen and I also think Byron is a better fit on the 3rd since he can finish Kotka's play more often than Lehkonen does. I'd like to see this lineup with our 4th line getting a major facelift.

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Domi - Shaw
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Armia
XXX - XXX - Weise

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
Lol Team Canada. If you’re just going to reply with complete nonsense then you’re not worth having a discussion with. ****ing 6 game sample on the most stacked team. Guess he’s a 4th liner too since that’s where he played?

Show me the minutes he’s played on RW in the NHL if you know 100%. Of course you won’t.
fact that he made team canada is impressive enough doesnt matter the line,no one on the habs forwards would make team canada and what kind of Pejorative Slured question is show me how many minutes he played at rw :facepalm: ask around Duchene played RW on Mackinnon's line for awhile

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Ya no... Duchene is producing at a 95 pt pace. There is no chance Domi would be producing that much even if he was playing with Stone

Also Duchene is producing at a 1.15 pt/game rate, and Stone at a 1.01 pt/game rate, so its not like he is a product of Stone.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Ya no... Duchene is producing at a 95 pt pace. There is no chance Domi would be producing that much even if he was playing with Stone

Also Duchene is producing at a 1.15 pt/game rate, and Stone at a 1.01 pt/game rate, so its not like he is a product of Stone.

Just two years ago, Duchene was a 40 point player and at one point had like 5 points in 30 games. He's a bit of a headcase.

Apr 28, 2010
I think Lehkonen (as much as I like him) is the most expendable one and most likely to get traded to make room for Byron on the 3rd line. We can get picks for Lehkonen and I also think Byron is a better fit on the 3rd since he can finish Kotka's play more often than Lehkonen does. I'd like to see this lineup with our 4th line getting a major facelift.

Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Tatar - Domi - Shaw
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Armia
XXX - XXX - Weise

If you have a spot there on the 4th line, then just give it to Lehky.

Not sure why he can't be there. They didn't have a problem giving Chuckie 4th line duties.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
fact that he made team canada is impressive enough doesnt matter the line,no one on the habs forwards would make team canada and what kind of ******ed question is show me how many minutes he played at rw :facepalm: ask around Duchene played RW on Mackinnon's line for awhile

So then I guess Drouin is a centre because he played centre all last season.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Funny he just produced close to that rate one other time in his 10 other seasons. He was well below 1 pt/game every other season. Nothing to do with the fact it’s a contract year and getting ample amounts of icetime with a top RW. Don’t be fooled.

And Stone is way better than any winger that Domi has played with this season. Like, much better.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Just two years ago, Duchene was a 40 point player and at one point had like 5 points in 30 games. He's a bit of a headcase.

That was a bad year for him on a team that was historically bad.

Since that year, he's been much better.

Even if he's an actual headcase, unlike Colorado and Ottawa, we have a lot of leaders in our team so it wont be a problem. See Weber, Price, Petry, Gallagher, Byron, Domi, Shaw, and Danault.

Imagine adding this to our lineup without subtracting anything:

I would consider us contenders

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Funny he just produced close to that rate one other time in his 10 other seasons. He was well below 1 pt/game every other season. Nothing to do with the fact it’s a contract year and getting ample amounts of icetime with a top RW. Don’t be fooled.

I don't think he's a legit 90+ pt player, but I do think he's a guy who has several 70+ pts season left.
Also one of the best faceoffs player in the league. We're 28th in the league in faceoffs. We would probably be in the top 10 in faceoffs if we had him in our team. That would make a huge difference.

Can't go wrong with any of Stone, Duchene, or Panarin though.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I love Domi and I think he's doing a pretty good job at being a C. With that said, my ideal position for him is still LW. Still not a fan of turning wingers to C.

I agree with this.

It will be interesting to see how he does come playoff time.

Im skeptical that he'll be as productive in multiple 7-game series where the opposite coach/team is focused on shutting/wearing him down.

I hope he proves the contrary, but I just don't see his style of play & stature being a good recipe at C come po's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad