Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread IX: Trade Deadline Edition

Would you do it: Romanov, Poehling, and a 1st for Stone, Panarin, or Duchene with an extension?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Marcus johansson and Derrick Brassard please - if the price is dirt cheap!

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Expect a hockey move if anything. Doubt he trades prospects and picks for a 28+ old.

I could see Nyquist if he is cheap though. Habs could use another top 6 RW. Doubt Detroit trades him in a hockey move though, they will want futures.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Since we likely are playing the leafs in the playoffs for the first time in 40 years...

Wouldn’t mind making a few moves. Top 6 RW... top 4 LD... a 4th line C... all would be helpful.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I remember bergevin having a trade at the draft for our first until he found out Poeling was still available.....he then sprinted up to the podium to select him.......no way he trades him away.... gauranteed

That was for Scandella and, boy, we should be glad that one didn't go through because he sucks now. Sabres fans don't like him at all. Too slow and can't handle the puck.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
@Mrb1p
Yep he's a shutdown Dman & the offense he produces is a bonus. Rich mans version of Vlasic.
During Boudreau he was extremely good at shutting down other teams but now......
He's a 2way shutdown defender that sometimes jumps into the offensive zone & scores goals (double digit goals twice before). Hampus also plays more with a edge & won't be bullied by anyone.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oilers are in an interesting situation... Sekera is coming back and they don't have room in the cap for him. This is a trade I think about real hard... I know it's a trade involving Gallagher and people think he is untouchable. I think we need to seriously think about Gallagher value to us after his 2.5 years in term.

- Gallagher
- Reilly
- Hudon
- Niemi
for
- Nurse
- Puljujarvi
- Talbot
- 2020 2nd

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Oilers are in an interesting situation... Sekera is coming back and they don't have room in the cap for him. This is a trade I think about real hard... I know it's a trade involving Gallagher and people think he is untouchable. I think we need to seriously think about Gallagher value to us after his 2.5 years in term.

- Gallagher
- Reilly
- Hudon
- Niemi
for
- Nurse
- Puljujarvi
- Talbot
- 2020 2nd
Take all out scraps for your 22 years old top pairing D!!!1!1!!

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Take all out scraps for your 22 years old top pairing D!!!1!1!!
Gallagher is crap ? Gallagher and Nurse value are pretty equal... and we would be taking on Talbot contract... but you don't mess with chemistry, it would be dangerous to do that trade now... maybe in the offseason.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Gallagher is crap ? Gallagher and Nurse value are pretty equal... and we would be taking on Talbot contract... but you don't mess with chemistry, it would be dangerous to do that trade now... maybe in the offseason.
Gallagher isnt crap, but hes going to be dogshit in two years when we have to pay him 7m and he doesnt produce anymore because hes not as elusive as he is now. And maybe in Chiarelli land Nurse has the same value as Gallagher, but not anywhere else.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

- Gallagher
- Reilly
- Hudon
- Niemi
for
- Nurse
- Puljujarvi
- Talbot
- 2020 2nd

Gallagher may only be signed 2.5 more years, but Nurse is only 1.5. RFAs can get big raises these days too.

Edmonton can have Tinordi and Leblanc for Puljujarvi. Might consider throwing in Beaulieu if they add a 3rd.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Gallagher isnt crap, but hes going to be dog**** in two years when we have to pay him 7m and he doesnt produce anymore because hes not as elusive as he is now. And maybe in Chiarelli land Nurse has the same value as Gallagher, but not anywhere else.
Gallagher won't get close to 7mil... maybe 5/5,5...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Rielly is the definition of scraps, he cant even be a regular on our defense... just imagine.

What's your problem? You wake up on the wrong side of the bed again today? The value is there dude. Take your scraps attempt throw it out the window.

- Nurse vs Gallagher
- Reilly, Niemi, Hudon vs Puljujarvi, Talbot, 2nd

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gallagher may only be signed 2.5 more years, but Nurse is only 1.5. RFAs can get big raises these days too.

Edmonton can have Tinordi and Leblanc for Puljujarvi. Might consider throwing in Beaulieu if they add a 3rd.

It's a packaged deal that tries to address both teams needs. Oilers don't want to trade Nurse just as much as we want to trade Gallagher. Puljujarvi replaces Gallagher just as much as Reilly replaces Nurse.

And yes, Nurse will be getting paid after next year. But he is the perfect piece I am looking for when I'm building the shutdown D in front of Price. Decent mobility, Plays very physical, and provides some offense.

You can keep your Tinordi and Leblanc comment. Puljujarvi is a wild shot in the dark and it could work, it could not. Who cares, worth the gamble by giving up Reilly replacing him with Nurse.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Sure, hes going to take a hometown discount of 2 millions... because hes such a character guy... right? Thats ridiculous.
In what world is Gallagher worth 7mil, give me some comparable... and please do not say Evander Kane (they are nothing alike in what they bring)... It's not about home town discount just f***ing value

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Expect a hockey move if anything. Doubt he trades prospects and picks for a 28+ old.

I could see Nyquist if he is cheap though. Habs could use another top 6 RW. Doubt Detroit trades him in a hockey move though, they will want futures.

He’s having a very good season and RW is a need. But he’s another pass-first player. Habs need some shooters.

Reactions: blarneylad

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Sure, hes going to take a hometown discount of 2 millions... because hes such a character guy... right? Thats ridiculous.

Gallagher has put up 50 points once in his career, he'll probably get a similar contract to what Hornqvist got.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

- Gallagher
- Reilly
- Hudon
- Niemi
for
- Nurse
- Puljujarvi
- Talbot
- 2020 2nd

Gallagher is an off-season trade. I agree it may be time to think about moving him, but not now. This is not the time to screw up the chemistry of the team. Ditto with Petry.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
What's your problem? You wake up on the wrong side of the bed again today? The value is there dude. Take your scraps attempt throw it out the window.

- Nurse vs Gallagher
- Reilly, Niemi, Hudon vs Puljujarvi, Talbot, 2nd
I'm pretty sure nurse has at least a bit more value than Gallagher but even assuming they're equal, I don't think Niemi + Reilly + Hudon all packaged together are worth a 2nd.:laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

- Gallagher
- Reilly
- Hudon
- Niemi
for
- Nurse
- Puljujarvi
- Talbot
- 2020 2nd
Not sure this trade works for the Oilers...but I'm kinda reaching that point with Gallagher that its time to sell as high as possible on him.

Not saying I want him off the team, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing what the market for him would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad