Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread IX: Trade Deadline Edition

Would you do it: Romanov, Poehling, and a 1st for Stone, Panarin, or Duchene with an extension?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lol Duchene would be our best center.... and he played RW with the avs for awhile

Who do you bump from centre. Please tell me. Domi is the leading scorer on the team and is playing excellent hockey. Danault is the shutdown centre. Kotkaniemi is the future of the team.

And no he never played RW.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lol what.... you wouldnt bump philip danault down for matt duchene :laugh: danault is playing great but come on now

No I wouldn’t. That line is clicking and Danault needs to play a lot of minutes to handle a lot of defensive responsibility.

The point is assets should be used on a top winger. Centre isn’t a need. Trading for Duchene is idiotic.

Reactions: jaffy27

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
No I wouldn’t. That line is clicking and Danault needs to play a lot of minutes to handle a lot of defensive responsibility.

The point is assets should be used on a top winger. Centre isn’t a need. Trading for Duchene is idiotic.
i understand and agree with trading for duchene would be a minimal upgrade at best (with giving up assets) during the season and ottawa would definitely ask for more than hes worth even as a rental, but as a free agent i dont see anyway how you keep philip danault as a number 1 c when duchene plays on the same team

Reactions: bsl

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You’re citing speculation articles discussing who should play wing. If it happened, it didn’t happen for long. He’s averaged around 1000 faceoffs per season. Wingers don’t tend to do that.

No, I remember him playing wing, in addition to center.

Colorado Avalanche: Matt Duchene and Faceoffs

It says Roy switched him to wing because he was in a major slump. For me, the NHL was so different even just two years ago (before the enforcement of the slash to the hands penalty) that I'm not concerned about those slumps he was having when it was still more "heavy hockey" being played. Having said that, in the new NHL he may be much better at center than the wing. I just don't know.

Jul 6, 2016
Panarin won't play in Canada anyway.

And I don't think Duchesne or Stone are interested to play in Montreal anyway.

So don't lose sleep over it.

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
Who do you bump from centre. Please tell me. Domi is the leading scorer on the team and is playing excellent hockey. Danault is the shutdown centre. Kotkaniemi is the future of the team.

And no he never played RW.
Let me be more clear for you,Duchene would not only be our best center but also best forward and do some research before posting non sense Duchene played RW for some time with the Avs and with Team Canada

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Let me be more clear for you,Duchene would not only be our best center but also best forward and do some research before posting non sense Duchene played RW for some time with the Avs and with Team Canada

Lol Team Canada. If you’re just going to reply with complete nonsense then you’re not worth having a discussion with. f***ing 6 game sample on the most stacked team. Guess he’s a 4th liner too since that’s where he played?

Show me the minutes he’s played on RW in the NHL if you know 100%. Of course you won’t.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
I’d actually jump out of joy if we can have a guy like Stone on our team. He is E V E R Y T H I N G we need. Imagine our Powerplay, Jesus, maybe it would finally work.

And we have to money to resign him aswell.

Tatar - Domi - Stone
Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Shaw - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Lehkonen - ? - Byron

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Damn that's terrible

Yeah, I wonder what Fowler will actually cost... I agreea it could easily be significantly more, but I'm hoping tatar's bounce back year, contract & fit with the ducks needs up front would sway them (& get the pick cost down from a 1st)

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
Lol Team Canada. If you’re just going to reply with complete nonsense then you’re not worth having a discussion with. ****ing 6 game sample on the most stacked team. Guess he’s a 4th liner too since that’s where he played?

Show me the minutes he’s played on RW in the NHL if you know 100%. Of course you won’t.
So whats the point your trying to make exactly that if we had duchene you would play danault over him because its "clicking" he is head over heels over danault no question about it and if you think otherwise your the one not worth having a discussion with end of story. We would sign duchene as a free agent,danault would instantly be bumped down and every hockey person would make that decision every time

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Top prospects from 2016 before drafting Sergachev and Mete... We were high on some of those guys back then. Even if the present situation is better, the fact is that we never know with prospects. I don't have a problem with giving some of the current prospects and picks for signed elite players (not rentals) The Prime of Price and Weber is now. Who knows what the future holds.
  1. Nikita Scherbak
  2. Mike McCarron
  3. Jacob de la Rose
  4. Charles Hudon
  5. Sven Andrighetto
  6. Noah Juulsen
  7. Martin Reway
  8. Zachary Fucale
  1. Artturi Lehkonen
  2. Lukas Vejdemo
  3. Jeremy Gregoire
  4. Magnus Nygren
  5. Darren Dietz
  6. Tim Bozon
  7. Brett Lernout
  8. Daniel Carr
  9. Daniel Audette

Good ol Magnus Nygren. I had hopes he could carve out an NHL career with his shot but it never panned out.

Reactions: Doxinoctae

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He was poking you about Rielly instead of Reilly.

Really?
Huh, would not have guessed that. I thought he just didn't know the roster well enough to know we have a Reilly on our team... I mean, no one would waste time making sarcastic remarks based on typos, would they?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So whats the point your trying to make exactly that if we had duchene you would play danault over him because its "clicking" he is head over heels over danault no question about it and if you think otherwise your the one not worth having a discussion with end of story. We would sign duchene as a free agent,danault would instantly be bumped down and every hockey person would make that decision every time

You really think signing Duchene and pushing Danault to the 4th line and playing 10 mins a game is more intelligent than just playing Danault the same amount of minutes but having Mark Stone instead?

It’s like you don’t understand that there’s a finite amount of minutes in an NHL hockey game.

Maybe you’re a Habs fan that’s so used to them having issues at centre that you can’t accept that it is not a position that they need to address other than an ordinary 4C instead of AHL fodder.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Really?
Huh, would not have guessed that. I thought he just didn't know the roster well enough to know we have a Reilly on our team... I mean, no one would waste time making sarcastic remarks based on typos, would they?
Sarcasm, eh? OK, I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad