Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread IX: Trade Deadline Edition

Would you do it: Romanov, Poehling, and a 1st for Stone, Panarin, or Duchene with an extension?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I just want Alzner gone. I'm trying to find a trade partner.... really difficult.

Why? He's not on the roster right now. He's played more games in the AHL. Unless Montreal needs cap space, what is the issue with keeping him?

The signing was brutal and Montreal has to live with it. But trading him for a guy with more cap and term that isn't better right now than Montreal's top 4 LWers or top 7 wingers will just be the same issue, but worse.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Why? He's not on the roster right now. He's played more games in the AHL. Unless Montreal needs cap space, what is the issue with keeping him?

The signing was brutal and Montreal has to live with it. But trading him for a guy with more cap and term that isn't better right now than Montreal's top 4 LWers or top 7 wingers will just be the same issue, but worse.

It's the same term, but yea I know.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I get the impression the team is mainly looking for a true 4th line center, to improve on Chaput/Peca. Hagelin doesn't quite fit that role. If we're looking at the Kings, Nate Thompson would be the main target IMO.
Yeah, I talked about Thompson too. Yet, if they want to reshape that 4th line, you don't need Chaput. You don't need Peca who you could try to implicate in a deal. A line formed of Hagelin-Thompson-Weise will be years better than what we had all year long.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah, I talked about Thompson too. Yet, if they want to reshape that 4th line, you don't need Chaput. You don't need Peca who you could try to implicate in a deal. A line formed of Hagelin-Thompson-Weise will be years better than what we had all year long.
Oh for sure, all three are proven playoff warriors to boot.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I don't understand why ppl here just want to give up prospects and draft picks for players that will be available this coming summer. I don't believe we are cup contenders even with the addition of one of those players.

Patience everybody.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I certainly like the group of prospects that the team has assembled but there's not one that is untradeable.

Poehling : very good prospect but not elite. If Minnesota wants him for Charlie Coyle, I'd trade him.
Suzuki : see above
Romanov : simply because he's a Russian and the KHL factor... I'd be open to trade him for the right value in a hockey trade
Primeau : great great NCAA goalie but that's a long ways away from being an NHL goalie.
Brook : great WHL defenseman. Because he's a RH D, I'd be apprehensive but we'll know more after his AHL season. But if Edmonton wants him as part of a deal for Klefbom or Nurse, bye bye Brook.

Those are our five best prospects. All the others are obviously tradeable too.
Can we not aim higher than Charlie Coyle if we are entertaining moving Poehling or Suzuki?

Reactions: Tuggy

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Now we know most trade rumours are bunk, but this guy did have a few before the Big 3, including the Matthews signing a few days ago. Probably still garbage, but nevertheless. Not sure what the price would be but it's interesting to say the least.

[tweet]

[tweet]

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Now we know most trade rumours are bunk, but this guy did have a few before the Big 3, including the Matthews signing a few days ago. Probably still garbage, but nevertheless. Not sure what the price would be but it's interesting to say the least.

Good God, ok.. Ryan P. going the other way? What a wild rumor. Drouin-Getzlaf-Gallagher lol..

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

[tweet]

[tweet]

Hope this guys right about Getzlaf.

Reactions: Doxinoctae

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thompson on an expiring contract, is an energy guy:

Provides a lot of energy, can kill penalties and is not afraid to rumble. Can line up both at center or wing and provides plenty of versatility to a lineup. Works hard and has sound fundamentals. Is pretty good on face-offs. Is a limited offensive forward in the NHL and somewhat undersized (6-0) for the physical role he plays. Will occasionally take bad penalties that hurt his team. Struggles when given too much ice time. Injuries are a factor.
Long Range Potential: Physical, versatile defensive forward, when healthy.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Doxinoctae

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What woud a hypothetical Getzlaf trade look like ?

Our 1st and a 2nd I imagine.
One of Poehling, Romanov, Brook or Suzuki.
A roster player like Lehkonen, Danault, Mete or Gallagher.

Price would be steep I imagine.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Fake Hab twitter accounts getting in on the action.

The Canadiens have acquired forward Nate Thompson in exchange for Marc Bergevin’s workout plan

Whatever happened to fake trading for a dozen sticks.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
What woud a hypothetical Getzlaf trade look like ?

Our 1st and a 2nd I imagine.
One of Poehling, Romanov, Brook or Suzuki.
A roster player like Lehkonen, Danault, Mete or Gallagher.

Price would be steep I imagine.

...and they said something about salary retention. Three playoffs of Getzlaf, and a big turn for the Right Now considering Price/Weber/Getz are 30 some year olds. Goodbye draft picks?!??

I hope Romanov doesn't go the other way if this trade materializes, high hopes for the guy and the role he's expected to play. Line up Getzlaf, Kotka and Domi at C and let's play.

It's probably BS though.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
...and they said something about salary retention. Three playoffs of Getzlaf, and a big turn for the Right Now considering Price/Weber/Getz are 30 some year olds. Goodbye draft picks?!??

I hope Romanov doesn't go the other way if this trade materializes, high hopes for the guy and the role he's expected to play. Line up Getzlaf, Kotka and Domi at C and let's play.

It's probably BS though.
How much do you pay for an aging 60 point center?

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Ducks would ask 'how much are you offering for our big franchise C who's typically a beast in the playoffs?' ...
If I'm in Bergevin's seat right now? 1st and Lehkonen. If I have to throw a 2nd or Evans into it too sure.

25th

Jul 11, 2009
Aylmer beach, Qc
How much do you pay for an aging 60 point center?
He scored 61 its in 56 games last year. This year is no reference. The Ducks are really bad. So to answer your question, I would give Poehling, 2019 1st and Hudon or something like that. I would event do Poehling, Brook, Ikonen, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd and Hudon for Getzlaf and Lindolm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad