HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #86: 2023-2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He’s coming back from two devastating injuries in a row. Of course it’s going to take time to get going, especially on a completely new team in the middle of the season. 3 goals, but 15 points total in only 25 games. That’s a 50 point pace over a full season. He has 7 points in his last 8 games. He was a PPG player with Vegas just recently. At a $2 million cap hit before retention, he would be a great depth option for any playoff team looking for more scoring.
i'll always have soft spot for Max. Broke his neck playing for this team, had to endure the Bergevin area and wear the C when all the media hated him, because you know.. not french.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Avs traded for Mittestadt as they needed their 2C, but can they extend him in the summer if Landeskog comes back? I am not sure if they have enough cap space. Would we be interested in him as RFA. Would could use some left-handed center option. I guess Avs could be a better trading partner for us than Sabres.
I would not like him as our primary target as he is already 25, not PPG player and he would request long term big contract, but it could be one of options.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

I thought Hanifin would return more

Ylonen's AHL productivity outpaces what Turcotte has been able to do there as well.

Kings have 4 forwards and 2 d younger than Turcotte in their active roster... Age or playoff intentions aren't the reason he's not an NHL regular yet. Ylonen might well earn more ice time in LAK than he's been getting here.

I prefer rolling the dice on Turcotte over Ylonen next year, but I don't think there's much case to be made that he's more valuable in a trade or more likely to hit a higher NHL ceiling at this point... And certainly not more than the 3rd to 5th a 50% Pearson should be able to fetch.
Turcotte was high pick in draft. Injuries I think delayed his development

Reactions: kinghock

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
They could but they'd only do that if they have a strong and tangible offer for Evans now, I'm not sure that will be the case.

I'm not saying he WON'T be traded, but it's unlikely.

So expect it to be quiet because it likely will be, things will have to ratchet up heavily for moves to happen involving Montreal.

Market forces and our available assets don't create the optimal trading conditions for us.
Makes for another boring deadline on rebuilding team

Reactions: Runner77

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
i'll always have soft spot for Max. Broke his neck playing for this team, had to endure the Bergevin area and wear the C when all the media hated him, because you know.. not french.
MaxPac never should've gotten the C. It seemed weird being a Habs fan when he and PK both doing all they could to get the C and some wished Gally would get it shortly after. I was a Bergevin fan early on but he was a train wreck in almost every way of managing

Reactions: Habs

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
That is false. No evidence media hated him. People here hated him because he never became the power forward they imagined...too peripheral and soft.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
What the f*** is Waddell doing? I remember not too long ago he was making a ton of moves and being active to add to his team, but now he's being absurdly frugal and not giving his team any shot at winning.
It looks like he wants to use the deadline to do a retool for next season because they have a lots of RFA/UFA to resign and can't probably fit everyone salary increase on the cap.

Avs traded for Mittestadt as they needed their 2C, but can they extend him in the summer if Landeskog comes back? I am not sure if they have enough cap space. Would we be interested in him as RFA. Would could use some left-handed center option. I guess Avs could be a better trading partner for us than Sabres.
I would not like him as our primary target as he is already 25, not PPG player and he would request long term big contract, but it could be one of options.
They can extend him, but they won't have the money to ice a full 20 players roster without moving some salary away or LTIR cap relief if they do. I don't see him as a fit for the Hab for the same reasons he wasn't anymore in Buffalo.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Habs were no broker so far

I assume HuGo holds on to our last retention spot as long as he can to see if he can use it for one of our players.

But if no deal comes along then I would think he'd use it as a broker.

I wasn't sure about Savard getting dealt, but with all these deals and defensemen already gone I'm almost expecting him to go.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He has to pull a Suzuki trade to get that title
Funny TSN moment during the Nashville game............the guys were talking how Bergevin wanted Glass, but Vegas wanted to give us Suzuki..............so he settled for Suzuki, lol MB can thank Vegas all the way to the Donut Shoppe in LA.
But yes, we do have to give Bergevin credit for getting great value for Max Pac!!

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
His teammates disliked Pacioretty so much they voted him captain?
Elections usually aren’t unanimous, regardless, that’s an ignorant take you’re replying to. People love talking out of their ass, especially online.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Habs are already retaining 50% of his salary. So he's now @ $1.75M. Caps still have 2 retention slots after retaining on Mantha. So if they retain 50% of his current cap hit, the other team will be getting him at $875K.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Id be pretty stoked if we added Holloway & Turcotte, if that was all we had to give up... highly doubt we are getting grade A prospects for midling players, it doesnt work that way.
Turcotte now plays and plays well on Kings first line with Kopitar and Byfield.
Kings coach and his partners are very happy with his level of play.
His future looks bright in LA.

Reactions: FloJack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad