HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #86: 2023-2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You're right about Chicago. They will overpay for a couple of players.

You can't really compare Killorn with Nylander tho. One is one of the best two-way center which also produces a lot on the scoresheet and the other is a point producer winger. They don't bring the same value in a line-up.

My main point being : Nylander's value > Hubby at the same salary either way.

I perhaps missed where Killorn moved to C? But either way, I don't think you'd find much support for an attempt to argue that he has anywhere close to Nylander's value on a UFA contract. Nylander will easily sign for significantly more than Killorn did last summer... That was my point (highlighting that summer UFA value is a factor of supply/demand, & this summer there will be huge demand & very limited supply for what Nylander represents= major contract).

To your last point... Yes and? I don't think anyone would suggest otherwise.

The question is not Nylander's value vs Huberdeau. That's obvious Nylander > Huberdeau (even if hubby is at 8M vs Nylander 10M+

But
Nylander @7x10+ vs
- Hubby @7x8M +
- 3x2nd +
- cond 1st +
- offloading Anderson/Armia/Price

& Now I think you might see how the scales look a bit different.

No idea how desperate the flames will get, and their ownership is notoriously stingy (so retaining may be a non starter), but if they get desperate enough, there's a deal that could make sense for us to choose that risk over the other risky propositions to add a legit top - 6 or top line talent

Hughes may forgo any risk all together and just patiently wait for internal prospects +/or Dach/Newhook type bets to pay off... But if we do go fishing for established top talent, Hubberdeau is at least worth kicking tires on

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Matheson, Anderson are must move. Despite his resurrected play Gallaghers contract is still atrocious so he can got to a playoffs team that needs truculence in the crease.

I’d keep Savard but only in the 3-6 position.

players like Evan’s, Dvo and Newhook can go too.

Keep Yoel! He is irreplaceable.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Matheson, Anderson are must move. Despite his resurrected play Gallaghers contract is still atrocious so he can got to a playoffs team that needs truculence in the crease.

I’d keep Savard but only in the 3-6 position.

players like Evan’s, Dvo and Nfwhook can go too.

Keep Yoel! He is irreplaceable.

Matheson "must move" :dunno:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
If I'm HuGo...

1) Decide on the goalies. No more BS with Primeau. Thank Allen for everything he's done and get as much of a haul as you can for him. Ride Monty/Primeau.

2) No rush, but I'd start to probe interest in some of our young left D to address the logjam. If there's interest out there for a guy like Harris, Struble, Engstrom etc. for a young forward, its done.

3) Move Monahan at the deadline. Stick to the plan, building for the future. We can always revisit in the summer depending on his interest/contract ask.

4) I would be open to moving Matheson, but I have this feeling that his play style wouldn't garner as much interest as his production might indicate, sort of like an Erik Gustafsson. If the value isn't there, I keep him.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
If I'm HuGo...

1) Decide on the goalies. No more BS with Primeau. Thank Allen for everything he's done and get as much of a haul as you can for him. Ride Monty/Primeau.

2) No rush, but I'd start to probe interest in some of our young left D to address the logjam. If there's interest out there for a guy like Harris, Struble, Engstrom etc. for a young forward, its done.

3) Move Monahan at the deadline. Stick to the plan, building for the future. We can always revisit in the summer depending on his interest/contract ask.

4) I would be open to moving Matheson, but I have this feeling that his play style wouldn't garner as much interest as his production might indicate, sort of like an Erik Gustafsson. If the value isn't there, I keep him.
Well said post , be patient the offer will come , But I would trade a goalie right now if possible , 3 string goalies is so bad

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
If I'm HuGo...

I want to ask... how far out is the future? I figure I probably have maybe a couple of decades left in me, and that's if I am lucky and don't get heart attack or something like that in the meantime.

In the ideal world I'd like future to be in about 2-3 year time period (given that I've waited for thirty up until now). Monahan is a good player. He will be useful holding Habs over until the bright future arrives.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I want to ask... how far out is the future? I figure I probably have maybe a couple of decades left in me, and that's if I am lucky and don't get heart attack or something like that in the meantime.

In the ideal world I'd like future to be in about 2-3 year time period (given that I've waited for thirty up until now). Monahan is a good player. He will be useful holding Habs over until the bright future arrives.

That's fair.

I'm not ruling out the idea of resigning Monahan, but I wouldn't forgo the assets you could get for him at the deadline and I'd be cautious about any term.

I think he's filling that role of holding the Habs over right now. The trick is to know when to cut the chord.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Well said post , be patient the offer will come , But I would trade a goalie right now if possible , 3 string goalies is so bad

It is bad but if they trade one, they need to fix the hole they are creating at the same time.
Not that easy.

If there's an injury to our goalies, they can't be calling Dobes up.....Laval is also very thin right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad