HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #86: 2023-2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
What kind of return will it take for haters to shit on HuGo in regards to Edmundson?

That's what Gervais seemed to indicate in his book.
It's irrelevant. Habs needed to open up roster space for the young D, and his back was still iffy. But you are probably on to something, there is always lots of revisionist history in potential moments like this.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It's irrelevant. Habs needed to open up roster space for the young D, and his back was still iffy. But you are probably on to something, there is always lots of revisionist history in potential moments like this.
Oh 100%. Unless it's a 2nd, which I doubt. The complaints will be a waste of digital ink for the reasons you brought up. Doubt Struble gets a shot if Ed is still here.

Reactions: FloJack

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
With the underwhelming returns on these players thus far I gotta hand it to Hughes, he seems like a master of negotiations. He doesn't seem to get fleeced, ever, he is the one who fleeces.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
What the f*** is Waddell doing? I remember not too long ago he was making a ton of moves and being active to add to his team, but now he's being absurdly frugal and not giving his team any shot at winning.
That’s because he’s the GM in title only, Eric Tulsky’s has exclusive rights and final say on ALL Canes player movement - and he’s a live & die by analytics type to maximize profit$ per his mandate

Gord Miller, Lebrun etc have been saying for a while, empowering Tulsky was Dundon’s first move after being named owner. He’s running the Canes like his hedge fund, same with NJD ownership duo

Canes will make a low cost move, a player being jettisoned for cap space and eating AAV, as they did in acquiring Burns.

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
2024 1st are not moving as expected

GMs want to get on stage at the sphere for the last in person draft

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Craig Button on the Sick Podcast yesterday said from what he hears, Kovacevic is someone teams are interested in as teams like to look to shore up their depth defensemen.
It would make sense. I'd be ecstatic with a 2nd, happy with a 3rd, and ok with a 4th or worse.

We need to move at least 1 D by next year. When Barron comes back up after next training camp, we'll have 8.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Craig Button on the Sick Podcast yesterday said from what he hears, Kovacevic is someone teams are interested in as teams like to look to shore up their depth defensemen.
I predicted this a while back. He is playing on a budget friendly and being picked off waivers by Hughes has probably saved his NHL career. He has size and is fine as a bottom-pairing defenseman.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
1709822278630.png

Reactions: Team_Spirit

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It would make sense. I'd be ecstatic with a 2nd, happy with a 3rd, and ok with a 4th or worse.

We need to move at least 1 D by next year. When Barron comes back up after next training camp, we'll have 8.
11 with Engstrom, Hutson and Reinbacher. ;)

Hughes really needs to move some of the NHL LDs.

Reactions: 26Mats

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Honestly, any return for Kovacevic is a net win because he was a waiver pick up. So he can get the Habs a 5th or 6th and it would still be a positive asset management.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Thinking ahead to when we could use some assets for rentals.

The earliest I could see us being buyers is at the 2026 TDL. Therefore, any trades we make this year, I hope we stock up on 2026 and 27 draft picks. Start to plan ahead for when we are in the buyer market. It seems all the selling teams want picks. Stock as many as we can.

We have enough picks in 24 and 25 to fill our prospect cupboards.

Reactions: morhilane

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
11 with Engstrom, Hutson and Reinbacher. ;)

Hughes really needs to move some of the NHL LDs.

Hutson, Reinbacher, and Engstrom could all be in Laval next year. (But it would be interesting to see what would happen of they outplayed the current top 8 at camp next year).

If we trade Kovacevic, I see us going with the following next year, barring the 3 new young D beating anyone out:

Matheson Guhle
Xhekaj Savard
Struble Harris/Barron

• Love
Reactions: HomaridII

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And based on what we’re witnessing thus far, it’s a buyers market

On the one hand, I'm surprised the Flyers felt the need to take back such a bad contract in Johanssen's just to get a 1st for Walker.

On the other hand, they did get a 1st for Scott Walker.

I would think if we took back a Johanssen like contract, we could get a 1st for Savard.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Avs traded for Mittestadt as they needed their 2C, but can they extend him in the summer if Landeskog comes back? I am not sure if they have enough cap space. Would we be interested in him as RFA. Would could use some left-handed center option. I guess Avs could be a better trading partner for us than Sabres.
I would not like him as our primary target as he is already 25, not PPG player and he would request long term big contract, but it could be one of options.
They'll have to trade Girard at some point. He's only 25 and with the cap going up they should find a taker next summer.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
On the one hand, I'm surprised the Flyers felt the need to take back such a bad contract in Johanssen's just to get a 1st for Walker.

On the other hand, they did get a 1st for Scott Walker.

I would think if we took back a Johanssen like contract, we could get a 1st for Savard.
They got nearly as much as the flames got for Hanifin. Let that sink in ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad